Draft Rumor (Quinnen Williams)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Apr 5, 2020.

?

If Atlanta is willing, would you trade Quinnen Williams for the Falcons' #16 pick?

1. Yes, where do I sign up?

59.1%
  2. No, Get Outta here!

37.9%
  3. Other

3.0%
  1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

He played in less than 50% of the snaps, some while playing hurt, in 13 games as a 22 year old rookie. We have no idea what his "actual production" is.

NCJetsfan and BomberJet like this.
  2. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I agree. I don't think the Jets could get #16 pick for QW.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  3. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

I would probably trade down as far as 5 spots for two 3rds OR 3,4 and 7 OR a 2,4

NCJetsfan and J-Raw24 like this.
  4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

We may not but I'm sure the Jets coaching staff and GM have a pretty good feel for his potential. It would be hard to believe that Williams and Douglas aren't more capable than Mac at determining Q's value to the Jets going forward.

If Douglas trades him I'm sure he'll only do it if he believes it will improve our roster. Douglas isn't tied to anybody that was on the roster Mac drafted. Fortunately Douglas was not hired after the season. He's had a full season to evaluate the roster including Q. Until proven incompetent I'm pretty much okay with anything Douglas does.

NCJetsfan and Br4d like this.
  5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

DL is only deep at this point because the Jets have QW. If you take him out of the pool the Jets talent on the DL ranks near the bottom of the NFL. That's because he is the only young guy in the group with real potential. Steve McLendon is near the end. H. Anderson is mid-late career and injury-prone. Everybody else is largely unproven with not a star prospect among them.

Footballgod214 and NCJetsfan like this.
  6. BroadwayAaron

Yea of course I'd have to trust Douglas if he moves on from Q but my point is more this odd rush by a portion of the fanbase to ditch Q just because he isn't Josh Allen (the good Josh Allen) or because his numbers weren't good in his rookie season where he had a high ankle sprain and played in less than 46% of the snaps.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Let me ask you. If Q becomes a good interior lineman and plays 80% of the snaps would you trade that for a middle of the 1st round pick.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Don't use sunk costs when evaluating the current roster.

We think of the Jet's DL as strong because it included a ton of talented young DL in the past. All of those guys except for QW are now gone. If QW goes the Jets have no talented young DL for the first time since Muhammad Wilkerson was drafted in 2011. The DL becomes a loose assemblage of uninspiring players with that move. You might be rebuilding the DL from scratch at that point and the Jets have a lot of areas that need rebuilding along those terms right now - adding the DL to the list is not advisable unless Douglas and company have a real plan to do so.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. BroadwayAaron

Depends on the makeup of the roster at that point. Define "good".

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Good news is that there are some up and comers like Foley Fatukasi, Kyle Phillips and Nathan Shepherd. They won't be stars, but can become very good. Shepherd was a nice surprise last season. With QW hopefully they all develop and perhaps look to find a big NT late in the draft or UFDA that can come in and replace McLendon next year.

Still wish we took Oliver or Josh Allen over QW, but no point in complaining about the past.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't mind trading Q Williams for #16 but definitely opposed to trading our #11 for #16 and a 3rd. Where we sit now at 11 we are almost guaranteed to either get the OT we need or a dynamic wide reciever. Trading down 5 spots almost guarantees we get neither of those. The middle of this draft seems to be a sort of no-mans land from what I am hearing, but what the hell do I know.

Imagesrdecieving and K'OB like this.
  12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The Jets would have the 11th and 16th in this scenario.

Jets keep the 11th and trade QW to ATL for the 16th straight up.

13. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

First off, your scenario is not what I was responding to. I was responding to the first part of the OP's post in which he stated "rumored possible trade between the Falcons and Jets with the Falcons moving up to #11 and the Jets getting the Falcons #16 pick and an additional 3rd round pick."

So like I said, in this scenario there's no way in hell would I give up the 11 to move back to 16 just to get an extra 3rd round pick. That's a horrible trade for the Jets.

Secondly addressing your scenario, do you really think Atlanta or anyone in their right mind is giving up the #16 pick in the first round for QW at this point? The answer is Hell No. The Jets would be lucky to get a 3rd rounder for QW at this point.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Nor does anyone else, which could work in our favor in terms of getting max value from him. If we wait to see if he achieves his predicted potential it may turn out to be less than predicted and therefore he would fetch lower value in trade. Since DT is not a position that's very hard to fill, trading him for a strong return - like the #16 pick - would be a great trade.

15. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

I see the speculated part of this scenario meaning we could come out of the 1st round with Jeudy and Josh Jones.

That's a pretty great boost to our offense.

The rumored part (trading back to 16 for a 3rd) doesn't excited me much. If JD thinks that's best then I'll roll with it but I'd be disappointed if the top 4 tackles and the top 3 WR's were all gone.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

16. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

By trading him we can recoup part of that cost by absolutely wasting the 3rd overall on himand address the offensive side of the ball which
    Is a much larger need right now. It’s way easier to find a plug and play type guy at that position to replace Q.

17. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The Chiefs defense line last year by snap count.

Defense 58 snaps
    Defensive Line
    Chris Jones 45 (78 percent)
    Frank Clark 45 (78 percent)
    Alex Okafor 37 (64 percent)
    Tanoh Kpassagnon 35 (60 percent)
    Emmanuel Ogbah 21 (36 percent)
    Derrick Nnadi 19 (33 percent)
    Xavier Williams 17 (29 percent)
    Joey Ivie 13 (22 percent)

Donald last year had 83% of the snaps for the Rams. Arguably one of the top 3 interior lineman all time.

Unless you think Q is going to be a wrecking machine who plays 80% of the defensive snaps, chances are trading him for a top of the half 1st round pick is going to be very strong value. Having good rotational players in the middle of the D line is good enough. You don't need high value players.

18. BroadwayAaron

The first arguably 5 names on that list are better than any 1 player on our DL right now. That's probably why they can spread the snap count out.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

What about all that interior pressure and hidden production you’re willing to throw away?

20. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

All good but no one's trading a top half 1st rounder for QW.

Imagesrdecieving and NCJetsfan like this.