The 2020 Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Honestly, guys. We're all doomed. We finally have a reasonable general manager so it must truly be the apocalypse.

2. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

lmfao

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I remember when people were kissing Macagnan's @ss heck even Idzik for a short time.

The proof will be in the pudding better known as Ws & Ls that's what it's ALL about.

PJ4Ever and BacktoQueens like this.
  4. WarriorRB28

Seems like overkill.

The Jets hardly ever use #1 picks on offensive skill position players be happy if you get one in round 1 it'll be a minor miracle.

GQMartin likes this.
  5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

This is like reading Shakespeare

K'OB likes this.
  6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Dre Kirkpatrick is available. Would be a nice upgrade from bless

7. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Last time I can think of was Keyshawn Johnson and Alex Van Dyke.

8. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Shakespeare just did a little turn in his grave at that comparison lol

9. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

A hundred years from now profound scholars will be interpreting "I've thrown in some things for piss-taking"

K'OB likes this.
  10. WarriorRB28

Good guess but I think it was Dustin Keller.

It rarely happens.

The Jets like to defy conventional wisdom as the saying goes they like to march to the beat of their own drum. That's part of the reason why they haven't made a Super Bowl since 1969 that their overall s****y drafting hasn't helped either.

I like the idea of drafting two WRs early especially now that Robby is gone. The quickest way for the Jets to become a contender again is for Darnold to become the QB everyone hoped he'd be on draft day why not get him as many weapons as possible?

RochesterJet likes this.
  11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

TGG Teammates rejoice. I know that as a Jet fan we have been conditioned to shy away from any kind of optimism leading into the draft. But let me take a leap of faith and say that for once, the deck is stacked in our favor, and the chances the Jets take an offensive player with the first pick is prohibitively high, probably better than 90/10 to be an OL or WR. In fact the chances of doubling down with a second offensive pick in round two is probably better than 50/50. Hell yes, how far back do we have to go to duplicate that in our history.
    Isn't it refreshing to expect that for once,TGG fans will be pissed off not because we selected a defensive player in a position of zero need, but because we went OL instead of WR or vice-versa, both positions of desperate need.
    Can't wait. Should we be so lucky for once. In Joe D we trust.

NCJetsfan and FJF like this.
  12. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

As a Jets fan for over half a century, I'll wait to believe it until I see it.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Fair enough. I'm over half a century Jets fan myself. Lets revisit this thread after the draft. If you prove this theory wrong for 2020, I will forever loose my optimism. Lets hope otherwise.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. ColoradoContrails

Oh, I hope you're right, but I've played "Charlie Brown" to the Jets "Lucy" too many times to believe this time is the time the ball won't get plucked away as I go to kick it.

NCJetsfan, LAJet and K'OB like this.
  16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Please don't do that. Douglas could take an offensive player in the 1st round, take a CB in round 2, and then in rounds 3 & 4 take offensive players. For that matter, he could trade down in the 1st, take an offensive player, then with the Jets pick in the 2nd round take a CB, and with the additional 2nd round pick he got from the other team for trading down, take an offensive player and then use both 3rd rounders on offensive players.

That said, if his first 2-3 picks are defensive players, all bets are off, and I'm probably done as a Jets fan.

17. ColoradoContrails

I've tried to refrain from declaring that I'm done as a Jets fan is this or that happens, but if JD takes 2-3 players at the top, yeah, I think I'm done. Hell, even if he takes a "D" with his first pick, and even if he traded down and did it, it will cause me to seriously question what he's doing. Frankly I'll be stunned if he does this.

K'OB and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't think it will happen at all. I'm very optimistic about our future with Douglas, but a move like that would destroy all optimism for me.

19. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I could see trading down but I still do not see taking D. I personally would be all for trading down in certain situations. I don't rate some of the OL as high as these mocks have them going. I personally would rather have Thomas (instant plug in at LT) or Becton (Highest Ceiling) over the other 2. Wirfs I would still consider at 11. Wills I would trade back. At WR I think Lamb fits the system the best but would also consider Jeudy. If not I would trade back. But with trading out you have to land where someone you want is available. The others I would look at if we traded back would be Josh Jones and Justin Jefferson. Both have potential and either with and extra 2nd and 3rd/4th pick would be worth it.

Imagesrdecieving likes this.
  20. ColoradoContrails

Yeah, I'm not averse to trading back, and if the guys he wants aren't there at 11, I'm okay with it. But if he trades back and takes another "D" guy first, and ESPECIALLY if it's a CB, I'm going to really question his plan.