No Compensation picks for 2021

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Mar 29, 2020.

1. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I mean, isn't it possible compensatory picks were in the back of Douglas' mind with all these one year deals?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't all those guys be eligible after next season.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

We will get comp picks for this years free agents next year. So anyone we let walk next year we get the following year. That's why the number of comp pick for each team was released before free agency this year.

3. Sid Youngelman

Sid Youngelman Active Member

It's like people on Facebook who "like" their own posts. I never understood anyone who does that. Aren't they embarrassed???

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I mean, I would hope so.
    only one in this board that could get away with quoting themselves in agreement is @jetophile . But she could also get away with quoting her disagreement and than arguing with herself for a page and a half.

5. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I am 100% sure he has done it before, I am sure I quoted him saying who quotes themselves lol

Said he had forgotten he had posted the original post and genuinely liked it :rolleyes:

J-Raw24 likes this.
  6. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Only if those FAs we let walk sign a qualifying offer and we dont replace them with equal or better players. There are only 32 compensatory picks awarded league wide so it's not likely that any of the one year players signed this year will garner a large enough deal to even qualify. Especially since we will only have about 21 players under contract and well over $110 million in available cap space. Douglas had little money to work with this year. That wont be the case next year and Adam's is the only current player due a big payday.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  7. J-Raw24

I think Jenkins will sign a good contract next, especially if he improves any. So will Poole. Desir may play above his contract and get a better deal. The o line are all 3 year deals and if released it means they were worth keeping them next year for cheap, so I agree there. Where those that do play above their contract get a new deal from us or someone else is the big question. Also what we draft could present and issue. You are right that we will have tons of cap space and only a few people to resign. We could be in on a few comp picks but not many.

#27 J-Raw24, Mar 30, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  8. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

When U have gone over 50 years with no championship U sought of lose your patience :mad:

Brook! likes this.
  9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

The irony of a man that likes to keep letters to a minimum actually adding more than needed.

Sort it out man ffs

Brook! likes this.
  10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I do it specifically to annoy YOU, lol. And that's the goddmamn truth. I even say it when I do it. I've never actually argued with myself, but I'm so bored I'll try anything once. "Wanna fight?" "Nah, I'm too tired." "I could jujitsu your ass into tomorrow!" "The Jets do it to me every Sunday, what's your point?" "I don't have one!" "Typical."

FJF and K'OB like this.
  11. jetophile

I think you took a left turn somewhere in Albuquerque when you were looking for the https://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/there-their-theyre.91840/ thread. And fck you all that I didn't post the link right. :mad::mad::mad:

Wait, I need another one. :mad: And a couple of these:confused::confused:.

K'OB likes this.
  12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I want to tell you it doesn’t annoy me but then you may stop .
    Don’t change jeto

13. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

until they stop wasting 95% of their picks it doesn't matter anyway

14. jetophile

Don't tase me, bro!

15. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

We will need to sign 30 plus players , my point was the majority of players allowed to walk, will not even qualify to earn a comp pick and were sure to sign some significant FAs next season. Douglas had a minimal amount of cap to work with this year,hence the low budget signings. I dont think next year will be quite as frugal. There should be a couple fewer glaring neds and much more money for upgrades.

16. J-Raw24

the market will go up next year, so if players like Desir, Jenkins, Perriman have a good year they could easily hit 10 million/year which would translate to a 4th or so. We would need someone to leave and sign for 15/year probably for a third. As long as we don't resign 30 players we could start getting some. But we need to establish a continuous cycle of letting our average players sign elsewhere for big money. Thing is it also has to do with the coaching, they have to make below-average to average players look like they are worth more. Belicheat does it a lot.