What would a Jets / Bill's AFC championship look like?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by elway-TO-ALLEN17, Mar 26, 2020.

1. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

Unlikely- Nothing he has done on the field suggests he would suck. When he took over as starter in 2017 the 9ers were a 1-10 suck team. He won all 5 of his starts to end the season.

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Agreed.

Garroppolo sucks. It's a harsh word but I think it's true. He's got the worst happy feet I've ever seen against pressure and in pressure situations. He threw 11 of his 27 touchdowns in three games against the Bengals and Cardinals.

He had one really really good game this year against the Saints on a fast track in an absolute shootout. He has the best YAC player in the game and Deebo Samuel who was probably one of the best YAC players the last 8 games last year. He looks like garbage throwing anything over 10 yards. He also had one of the most diversely effective run games the league has ever seen.

If he doesn't improve as the league catches up with that run game, he's just going to be the next Matt Schaub.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  3. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Look at that gorgeous, hideous turf.

ukjetsfan likes this.
  4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

The New England Patriots front office messed up and messed up big time: they let Jimmy Garappolo go.

elway-TO-ALLEN17 likes this.
  5. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

And about a year later they let him go.
    We always seem to let our best receivers go when it’s time to pay them... Rob Moore, Keyshawn, Coles, Then we gave up Moss to get Coles back. To a lesser extent Robby Anderson this year...

Footballgod214 likes this.
  6. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

who knows.....not sure if either one of them will be good enough to warrant the label "next great QB rivalry"

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Soon after trading K to Tampa, we played them. It was the 'Chrebet - Keyshawn' bowl! WC played a bit better that day.

8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

What would a Bills Jets AFC Championship game look like?

Assuming that isn't rhetorical, Jerry's kids.

9. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

The draft consists of building blocks for the future, and generally you shouldn’t rely on anyone you draft to be a major contributor year one. Your 1st round pick is a possible exception, but even so shouldn’t chance your playoff expectations.

With the possibility of injuries being ignored, in the AFC the Chiefs are a lock for the West. Aside from that, the Ravens are a going to be a wildcard at worst. I would also be shocked if the Colts aren’t at least a wildcard. The Bills didn’t get any worse so they should be a wildcard at minimum. That leaves 3 remaining playoff spots, and a lot of teams. Texans, Titans, Patriots, Jets, Steelers, Browns, Raiders... all have arguments to be made as to how they could be in playoff contention. Even the Broncos and Chargers could, though I personally find them less likely than the others I listed.

10. MaximusD163

For actual predictions

1. Ravens
    2. Chiefs
    3. Colts
    4. Bills
    5. Titans
    6. Jets
    7. Browns

elway-TO-ALLEN17 and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I have to believe it's about time for the Titans to take a step back. They lose Conklin and dumped a ton of money into Tannehill while franchising Henry. I like Vrabel and what they've built but they're sort of due for a down year as they can't add many pieces and are simply subtracting right now.

They still have a good secondary and interior defensive line though so we'll see.

What a waste window for the Texans. They should've commanded that division for the majority of the past 5-6 years through Andrew Luck injuries and talentless rosters and they didn't. They're due for a 6-10 too with the bad trade they made and limited draft picks and a god awful defense.

12. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Look at those gorgeous uniforms! Back when the colors were right and everything!

13. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

One of my fondest memories as a Jets fan. I watched the game in a bar in New York. When Chrebet caught that wobbly pass from Martin the place erupted. Then the TV showed a close-up of Keyshawn looking dumbfounded on the Bucs sideline and it got even noisier. Despite not making the playoffs, that was one of my favourite seasons.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  14. MaximusD163

I think the Titans will still be a playoff team. They were well coached, maybe not AFC Champ good but playoff good.

Texans... I’m afraid Watson will be another 30 year old retiree.

15. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Titans take a step back, browns take a step forward.

elway-TO-ALLEN17 likes this.
  16. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

What would it look like? Brutal for everyone that isn't a Bills or Jets fan. They are two extremely unfun teams to watch. Hopefully that changes this year but something tells me the Bills are going to get a wake up call with a way tougher schedule and Allen just not being very good, and the Jets are going to regress from an already bad team to worse.

17. MaximusD163

Even if Allen were Sanchez-esque in that he can’t put the offense on his shoulders, the Bills have not take me the third year loss of talent that the Jets did. I suspect even if Allen plateaus in his progression, they will still be a very good team.

18. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Hopefully Douglas can do for us what Beane has done for the Bills. If both teams are good and playing for the division or in a playoff game then that will make an exciting rivalry

19. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I think they will be hovering around .500. They were not good against teams over .500 last year and I truly believe that Allen is what he is. He hasn't gotten better as a passer in the last four years between Wyoming and now Buffalo. Their front office and coaching staff has done a great job masking a lot of his shortcomings with the talent and gameplans but you can only go so far with a QB that can't hit the broad side of a barn. And that's if he doesn't get his clock cleaned first.

20. elway-TO-ALLEN17

elway-TO-ALLEN17 New Member