The AFC East is now wide open.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Mar 17, 2020.

1. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

sarcasm pal...

2. DefenseWinsChampionships

It's a good feeling and a breath of fresh air for the first time in 20 years while being able to look @ our schedule as a fan and not having to give the N.E Patriots two free wins just about each and every single season.
    And that is my 2020 AFC East bold prediction (5-1 within our own division).

Tom Brady (greatest QB of All-Time):
    283 games played.
    Winning record of 219-64 (63.8%).
    3x league MVP.
    17 Playoff appearances.
    30-11 Postseason record (73.1%).
    9 Super Bowl appearances.
    6 Super Bowl titles.
    4x Super Bowl MVP.

Bill Belichick (without Tom Brady):
    117 games coached (7.3 years).
    Losing record of 54-63 (.461%).
    0x league MVP's (despite 10 different QB's not named #12).
    1 Playoff appearance.
    1-1 Postseason record (50%).
    0 Super Bowl appearances.
    0 Super Bowl titles.
    0x Super Bowl MVP's (despite 10 different QB's not named #12).

Night and day difference.

#182 DefenseWinsChampionships, Mar 24, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Seriously why do you keep repeating yourself?

We understand what you think of Bill Belichick, I hope for your sake and any credibility that you possess we beat them twice or you are going to look like a fucking fool.

I don't even want you to look a fool that is how much I despise the cheating prick but I fear you will be mocked later in the season when the dust settles down.

4. DefenseWinsChampionships

Or. I'll look like a sporting genius and called it ahead of time (two sides to every story).

Just in case you did not know,
    Tom Brady has 29 wins against the New York Jets as a starter, joining only Brett Favre as the only other quarterback with at least 23 wins against two divisional opponents and an all time record of 29-7 against our Jets (.805%) with 57 TD's to only 15 INT's. I think I know what I'm talking about.

And even if we only go 1-1 (50%) I most certainly wouldn't look like a fool after going 50% instead of only .194% after almost 20 years of Tom Brady destroying our defense(s).

And if Bill Belichick never wins another SB (without the greatest QB of All-Time) he'll go down as a fraud throughout the eyes of many. Including myself.

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

What does that even mean? He won 2 Super Bowls with the Giants as their Defensive Coordinator, then went to 9 and won 6 Super Bowls at the Patriots Head Coach. If he never wins another game, he would still be considered one of the best coaches ever. Not debatable. He wouldn't be a fraud because he couldn't win without Brady. He would be a fraud because he has continuously cheated and made sketchy moves that gave his teams a competitive advantage.

Also, do you watch the games? The first 3 Super Bowl wins were all won with defense. The 18-0 season was won with offense, and couldn't get it done at the end. The Seahawks and Falcons both handed the Patriots Super Bowl titles by handling the games poorly. And the latest Super Bowl win against the Rams was completely defensive. Brady's best Super Bowl performance was against the Eagles.........a loss.

As for the 2020 AFC East, the Jets could split with all 3 teams. Going (3-3) sounds about right to me.

twown, CotcheryFan and BacktoQueens like this.
  6. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I don't really want to reply but I almost feel compelled to quote the bolded bit.

Dear fucking lord man, he has 6 rings, SIX RINGS how is this a fraud and do not reply with a 9 page essay about Brady making him, every HC has won a Superbowl on the back of the play of their star QB, they work in tandem, one executes the plays the other one makes and calls, it really is this simple.

7. DefenseWinsChampionships

The AFC East is already wide open and just became even more wide open.

Stephen Gostkowski who's a 3x SB winning FG kicker, 2x First-team All-Pro, 1x Second-team All-Pro and a 4x Pro-Bowler is no longer a N.E Patriot; after 14 years consisting of breaking every record set by Adam Vinatieri (who was already a N.E Patriot before Belichick ever even arrived).

And let me guess. Just like Tom Brady as the greatest QB of All-Time, Bill Belichick won't miss a beat and will not miss an All-Time great FG kicker in Stephen Gostkowski either, right? Yea-yea, o.k.

Yankjetfan likes this.
  8. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

The Pats kicking game won't miss a beat.

9. DefenseWinsChampionships

Without both Tom Brady and Stephen Gostkowski the Patriots will not score nearly as many points as they once did (a thing of the past).

Stephen Gostkowski has broken every statistic ever set by Adam Vinatieri but yet, now N.E's kicking game won't miss a beat? Yea. Ok. Riiiiggghhhttt.

10. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

right. hell tannehill was good enough to get the titans to the playoffs

The Dark Knight likes this.
  11. DefenseWinsChampionships

Now I've seen it all. Sorry Brook! these types of one line filler posts deserve to be dissected both inside out.
    Or was it really Derrick Henry who was great enough to get the Titans into the postseason with 303 rushes, 1,540 rushing yards, a crazy 5.1 yards per carry average and 16 rushing TD's along with another 18 receptions, 206 receiving yards and 2 TD receptions for 1,746 All-purpose yards from the line of scrimmage throughout 2019?

To talk about the Titans offense without first mentioning Derrick Henry first and foremost is absolute cluelessness and bush league @ best.

Please don't tell me you're referring to the same Ryan Tannehill who only threw the football for a combined 15 completions for only 160 passing yards during Tennessee's 2 playoff wins...

When in comparison to...

Derrick Henry who during those (same) two postseason wins carried Tennessee's offense with a combined for 64 rushing attempts for 377 rushing yards with a disgusting 5.89 yards per carry average while steamrolling both of N.E & Baltimore's defense(s).

Yes. I know that since you do not like Adam Gase (you even have his NAME in your user name, how pathetic of you is that) so you try and make it appear and/or seem as if Tannehill is responsible for Tennessee's offensive success since leaving Gase etc, etc

But fans such as myself who understand psychology know exactly what you're trying to do. And it's not working. Not against knowledge football fans at least.

#191 DefenseWinsChampionships, Mar 24, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  12. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

no it wasn't because they weren't winning with marriota. tannehil isn't great but he was good enough. that's all the pats need at QB,

you are also wrong about everything else you said too. I've never seen someone being so adamant about being wrong. just stop you're embarrassing yourself

13. Billsfan1212

Billsfan1212 Active Member

If you werent jealous, you wouldnt be sssooo bitter. That is litterally the most tainted summary ive ever read on any teams message board. Hell, i like you guys as you are generally a fun crowd - but that hate that oozes from you is only caused by one thing - and you dont need to be a jedi or sith to figure it out;)

14. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

20 years of the Patriot Act; many saw it coming after 911

15. DefenseWinsChampionships

Nothing to be jealous about.

4 consecutive SB loses would've been heartbreaking for me. Even worse than @ Denver, @ Indy & @ Pittsburgh (AFCCG loses).

And at least growing up while I enjoyed playoff wins such as vs. Jacksonville (1998), Colts 41-0 (2002) and during my 20's (now 34) @ San Diego (2004) in overtime and then under Rex Ryan another 4 road playoff wins @ Cincinnati, @ San Diego, @ Indianapolis and @ New England (eliminated Tom Brady and Bill Belichick) etc, etc

You've as a Buffalo fan yet to see a playoff win in over 23 years (I was only 10 years old the last time I remember a Buffalo PLAYOFF WIN). You've probably forgotten and don't know how to celebrate anymore?

Absolutely nothing to be jealous about especially over an inaccurate QB from Wyoming who just played like horse crap and pulled off a postseason choke job of an embarrassment only going 24/46 (52.1%), 0 TD passes and a laughable QB Rating of 69.5 (horrendous) while trying to throw the ball backwards due to low I.Q. Nothing more than a racist glorified runner.

One 10-6 record (and I believe 1-5 vs above .500 teams) is nothing to be jealous about and neither are 4 consecutive SB loses before a drought of 23 years of ZERO (0) playoff wins to enjoy; not even a single one?

No wonder why you post on a Jets forum, as Buffalo fans are even more miserable and angry than Jet fans; hard to believe but accurate in my assessment.

December 30, 1995:
    Your last playoff win? Jesus Christ.

You remember your legendary running back, right? Well the last time Buffalo won a single playoff game was 1995 and O.J Simpson was acquitted "not guilty" after slaughtering two people, the Buccaneers were still NFC Central, Falcons, Panthers, Saints were all NFC West, Cardinals were NFC East, Colts were still our division AFC East, Titans and Jaguars were both AFC North along with the Cleveland Browns before they became Baltimore Ravens, Seattle was an AFC West team and there were only 30 teams with only 3 divisions per conferences.

A lot has changed in football as well as life over a 23 year span. I'd rather stay a Jets fan now thinking about it lol.

Do you still have an O.J poster on your wall?

16. twown

twown Well-Known Member

You have Champ's name in your username.

17. Billsfan1212

Billsfan1212 Active Member

I dunno man, we seem pretty excited about the here and now. For some reason you want to dredge up the past like A) we should be embarassed for 4 straight AFC championships B)The Jets have done ssssooo much better C) talking about the past and talking crap about another team makes you feel better about your situation. And I guess I dont blame you. It seems Douglas might be the answer for actually putting thought into things, but until you guys are rid of Gase and potentially ruining your young QB - the wheels keep spinning. You can keep talking about whatever it is that you need to tell yourself to make you feel better but the reality is this - as the pundits quote went allen came into this league as an infant. Sammy was a grown kid maturing into a man as he had been groomed at USC while Allen was as raw as they come. Yet, the player development structure in place in Buffalo has done wonders for the kid and set him on a trajectory to become a franchise qb. Meanwhile, sam has held his own - but if he ended up in Buffalo and got the same treatment Allen has gotten... hed be well on his way to becoming a star.
    There isnt a single Buffalo fan that feels Allen blew them that WC game. The D dropped the ball plain and simple. Allen did everything he could to will his team to a win. That doesnt excuse the terrible latteral - but a couple blocks or balls that should have been caught are - diffferent situation. That was w john brown and freakin PS plsyer duke williams. Now, is allen perfect? Hell no. BUT there isnt a single Buffalo fan that looks as him as a weakness but rather they are excited bc hes improved each year, is fun as hell to watch, and this is his year for him to put it together and take the next step. Maybe he will, maybe he wont - but you keep trying to down him with these stats bc its obvious you are bitter. Hell, if i was a jets fan i wouldnt want to see someone we passed on have success either - so i feel you. But for the sake of your sanity w convos on here, and your nfl watching experience... DONT let that cloud your judgment. Its the same as browns fans insiting Lamar isnt a good player - they are just bitter they didnt take him. You want to be right so bad its skewed your takes. Dont let it, accept it, and hell root for it! A good old afc east rivalry would be fun to watch allen and sam for years. I dont take sams stats as his defining trait. Watching the kid, like allen, he shows flashes of excitment and fun. I just hope gase doesnt ruin him so we can watch the 2 qbs duke it out for the next 10 yrs!

18. DefenseWinsChampionships

"Grown"?

Sam Darnold became and is the youngest starting Quarterback of All-Time to ever start a week one game within NFL history.

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Bills shoulda signed Brady

that defense with Tom Brady, they would've won the AFC East easily and possibly made a run at the SB

20. DefenseWinsChampionships

I agree. Thank God they're stuck with a glorified runner who's an inaccurate QB with a low I.Q.

I don't understand Jet fans who lie and say that Brady has been "breaking down" over the past two seasons in order to rebuttal me while I mention how our division is for the taking.

32 starts (+playoffs).
    • 748/1183 (62.2%).
    • 8,412 yards!
    • 53 TD's/9 INT's (5.8 to 1 TD-INT ratio) with.
    •QB Rating of 92.5.

Along with ranking #1 in passing yards per game and #2 in points scored per game (over 30) during their SB title of 2018.

I could only dream of Sam Darnold putting up these types of numbers over a 2 year span.

I know a broken down legendary HOF QB when I see one. #18. Peyton Manning. His final RIP NFL season.

59.8% completion percentage.
    • 9 TD's/17 INT's.
    • QB Rating of only 67.9.

32 starts (+playoffs), 748/1183 (62.2%), 8,412 yards, 53 TD's/9 INT's (5.8 to 1 TD-INT ratio) with a QB Rating of 92.5 and 1 SB Title is the complete opposite of a broken down legendary QB (see Peyton Manning and many of others).

Jet fans who tell me that my AFC East Division is not wide open for the first time in 20 years are absolutely clueless, do not know football and are delusional.