Robby Anderson signs w/ Panthers

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Darrelle24Revis, Mar 24, 2020.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

So long Robbie..stay outa jail Kid

Hello Breshad!! Hope we see another record year from ya:D

#101 NYJetsO12, Mar 24, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    NYGANGGREEN and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Meh, would've liked to keep him for less money than he got in Carolina. Never a fan of the guy. Decent football player and good for him that he crafted a career being an undrafted FA. Definitely strikes me as the type of guy that needs that chip on his shoulder to be effective. Having now made more money than most people will see in their lifetime it will be interesting to see if he can stay out of trouble off the field and if he's willing to pay the price and make the tough catches...

3. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

4. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Not happy but 1 route Robbie can...I mean, just got replaced.
    Hope he has a stellar career so I can complain about the JETS being cheap again....

How much cap space we have? lol

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  5. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Can we pick WR and OT at 11? Would the other teams mind?

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

You can't deny the fact that he's played for 4 OCs during his only 4 years here in Gailey, Morton, Bates and Gase/Loggains and now his 5th offensive coordinator in 5 years and thus far he's produced for them all (7 different starting QB's too).

If Robby stayed a Jet he was on pace after only 4 years to rank top 3-5 amongst all time Jet receivers in receptions, receiving yards and TD receptions by the time he reached 30 years of age; most Jet fans don't realize that.

I'll miss Robby me being born in 1985 I haven't had the chance to witness the likes of Maynard, Toon & Walker; Anderson is definitely ranked right up there with the likes of Chrebet, Keyshawn, Coles, Moss and Cotchery as my favorite Jet WR's who I've enjoyed.

I appreciated and respected different aspects of how they all played their position within different ways and all had different capabilities if I could create the perfect NFL WR I'd combine Keyshawn's size on the outside with ability to grab the ball at it's highest peak, Chrebet's fearlessness over the middle and clutch DNA on 3rd downs working the slot, Coles' quickness and route running ability and tough as nails style of play, sideline Santana's elusiveness and big play ability, Cotchery's motor and hands over the middle in traffic and Anderson's blazing speed on the outside with an ability to smoke NFL secondaries.

I wish him the best in Carolina and just thankful he A.) Left the division and B.) Didn't sign with the Redskins ala Cole's/Moss and Randy Thomas/Jason Fabini etc there was a point and time where I couldn't stand Daniel Snyder and his spending money ways on some of my favorite former Jets.

So long Robby Anderson hope to see a lot of Bridgewater to Anderson highlights for years to come. From an undrafted rookie FA to a $20M self made kid; I love the underdogs.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  7. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

In all fairness to Anderson, Jets offense was garbage in first half of season. He should have a much better season with Carolina if their offense stays consistent. Jets need skilled route runners like Jeudy at WR, not a guy who can only run the fly.

8. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

This was a bad day to buy a Robby Anderson jersey.

9. KKrlic

KKrlic New Member

Sad to see him go.... Deep ball to Anderson was my go to on Madden. I'll need a new game plan now.

10. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Swap the deep play for a Lac Edwards punt.

KKrlic likes this.
  11. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

This here is the biggest positive this off season as far as I'm concerned.

FJF likes this.
  12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

30% of Anderson's catches have been outside the numbers. That makes it hard on QBs. I am happy they let him walk

13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

You realize if Robbie was on Tampa Bay he would either be on the bench or the practice squad. The fact that the Jets have no real weapons likely pumped up Robbie's numbers.

14. DefenseWinsChampionships

And i hate to break it to you (I actually live in Tampa Bay) but outside of Mike Evans and Chris Goodwin the Buccaneers receiving group is nothing special behind them and if Perriman got 4 starts, Robby Anderson would've earned many more.

And practice squad? I live in TB i can tell you're clueless because jags such as Scotty Miller and Justin Watson weren't on their Practice Squad; and neither would have Robby Anderson. And practice squad players don't get FA contracts worth $20,000,000 over 2 years. You sound clueless man.

And Yeah. Right. I'm really sure that Robby Anderson playing for two (as some say career losing) head coaches in Bowles and Gase along with 7 different starting QB's in Fitz/McCown/Petty/Geno/Darnold/Trevor/Falk, no offensive line(s) in order for his deep routes to develop and to make it worse 4 different offensive coordinators during only a 4 year span of Gailey, Morton, Bates, Loggains/Gase really "pumped up his numbers". lol. Yeah. Right. O.K.

#114 DefenseWinsChampionships, Mar 25, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  15. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Trumaine Johnson says high.

16. DefenseWinsChampionships

Nothing to say?

You completely ignored the fact that...

Robby Anderson playing for two (as some say career losing) head coaches in Bowles and Gase along with 7 different starting QB's in Fitz/McCown/Petty/Geno/Darnold/Trevor/Falk, no offensive line(s) in order for his deep routes to develop and to make it worse 4 different offensive coordinators during only a 4 year span of Gailey, Morton, Bates, Loggains/Gase really "pumped up his numbers". What a joke.

17. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Robbie having no competition got more playing time because the Jets sucked. Robbie on a good offensive team would be a situational WR. As you point out he is simply a deep route WR. That's the problem.

18. DefenseWinsChampionships

I will copy and paste until you stop ignoring the bold. And actual talk football with knowledge instead of one line fillers.

Robby Anderson playing for two (as some say career losing) head coaches in Bowles and Gase along with 7 different starting QB's in Fitz/McCown/Petty/Geno/Darnold/Trevor/Falk, no offensive line(s) in order for his deep routes to develop and to make it worse 4 different offensive coordinators during only a 4 year span of Gailey, Morton, Bates, Loggains/Gase really "pumped up his numbers". What a joke.

So what you're telling me is that Robby Anderson had no help whatsoever while being surrounded by crap situations since arriving a Jet. Funny but yet nice to know.

19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Last year Devonte Parker on Miami, Terry McLaurin on Washington, John Brown on Buffalo, Courtland Sutton on Denver and Tyler Boyd on the Bengals were all far more productive than Robbie Anderson. All played on terrible Offensive teams without weapons. WR who are good are productive in crappy situations. Robbie isn't very productive on a comparative basis with today's NFL WR.

The idea that Robbie would be more productive on a good team only holds water if he actually got playing time on a good team. He also would be targeted less on a good team.

Your point makes assumptions and all I'm saying is you might be 100% wrong. You might not be. It's an opinion backed up by nothing that I simply don't buy into.

20. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Apparently we had a 4 year 40 million dollar offer out to him and he choose the Panthers

TonyFtLaud likes this.