Robby Anderson signs w/ Panthers

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Darrelle24Revis, Mar 24, 2020.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

In all fairness, he is hardly a plus point, is he?

;)

Falco21 likes this.
  2. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

It hurts a little, but now we gotta draft a WR 1st round! Go get Perriman, too. Sam has ZERO weapons except for Crowder who is due for an injury, and Vyncint Smith.

But this is typical. NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY ON OFFENSE FOR GASE. His STINK he's leaving on our team is astonishing.

3. K'OB

Smith will probably step into Robby's shoes as the deep threat imo

4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I agree with dreading this season under Gase, but hoping against the odds that the talent and character that JD adds will offset Gase's shortcomings. Even so, I doubt they make the playoffs, especially with a much harder schedule than last year. Silver lining - Gase will get fired after it's finally proven beyond all denial that even with talent he sucks as a HC.

K'OB likes this.
  5. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Personally I would rather have the 20 million. The team has a lot of needs. A situational WR is a luxury.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

No big loss there. We already have #2 receiver, who had more yards and receptions last year than Robby and is the same age in Crowder. We need #1 receiver at this point and to tie up 12 mil this year on another number two guy didn't make too much sense.

7. DefenseWinsChampionships

You mean the kid who after 2 years had a combined for a whopping 22 receptions for 316 receiving yards and only 1 TD reception and the most receptions ever recorded during a single game is 3? No thnx you I'd rather not take that gamble with Darmold's career on the line as only a 3rd year QB.

8. DefenseWinsChampionships

Jamison Crowder is nothing like a #1 or #2 WR on the outside. Jamison Crowder is a natural slot receiver, and @ only 5'9 nothing like an outside WR.

9. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

#1 quality receivers are probably going to be available all the way to the 3rd round. While I wouldn't call it a mistake to pick up someone like Jeudy or Lamb in the 1st round, we could get a WR in the 2nd round and probably be better off than we were with Robbie, while taking a top OT in the 1st. Of course, the O-line is deep in this draft as well, so we really could go either way and be fine.

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I don’t really see Robbie as a good fit for teddy bridgewater.

11. K'OB

Stop, calm down and think for one second, that is all it takes.

Gase doesn't use the deep threat as evidenced in your 9 novel deal, we are not going to go out and draft one, we are not going to go out and pay another FA deep threat 8-10m and we have a kid on the squad that is as fast as Robby and will no doubt get the gig and in the process save us 8-10m.

Of course, if you only replied because you think I butt fucked Robby over by thinking Smith could replace him easily then you are a bigger fucking idiot than I already gave you credit for, there is nobody else on this fucking board has come close to you in defending Robby's corner and I am not even sure you come that close to me on that score, as people will actually read my smaller posts.

He has gone give it a fucking rest, it is over.

12. K'OB

It seems an odd move to me as well but good luck to them both.

13. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

CeeDee Lamb then an OL in Rd 2. Or vice versa.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  14. Pags2112

Pags2112 Well-Known Member

I'm not even upset at the loss but could be upset if it is not addressed properly. There is no doubt about it .. Change is here and it's just the beginning.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I would've preferred to keep him because our receiver corps is beat to shit but no one should be that upset that he's gone. We overrated him because he's the best thing we've had outside of a year from Marshall/Decker in a decade. If David Clowney were still around he would've produced similarly to Anderson.

I would've nabbed him on a one year deal but hey. Let's go get some other shitty one dimensional receiver to replace him.

FJF likes this.
  16. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Aside from training camp QBs, Robby is probably the most overrated Jets player on these boards in a long time.

I would love to say he will be missed but I really do not think so.

17. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

the smart fans won’t but there might be a few going crazy right now. You can find a guy off scrap heaps or in the 4/5th round that will do the same thing Robby does and don’t cost 12m. He’s a good vertical guy who is fast and sometimes catches the ball. We will be ok. Absolutely loving the way JD is operating and building this team like for real I’m excited . He uses his head and goes about things in the right way. And seems to have a plan B if not

18. DefenseWinsChampionships

19. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

You can find a #2 anywhere. Let's go find a #1. If I am proven wrong and Robby turns out to be a 1, so be it.

20. DefenseWinsChampionships

It's over? Give it a rest? Then why does this thread still open with 4 pages and climbing? lol.