Robby Anderson. Already one of my All-Time favorite Jet receivers.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Mar 21, 2020.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

And I think that Robby Anderson has nutted in the face of a few Jet fans wives around here...

2. ramjets29

ramjets29 Member

As "Robbie Watch" continues I'm wondering why Carolina hasn't been mentioned as a possible landing spot (I realize there isn't a single team out there he's been linked to). With Matt Rhule (former college coach at Temple) on board, Teddy Bridgewater (worked w/ Robbie on the 2017 Jets), and now P.J. Walker (former college QB at Temple), it makes sense. The fit is clearly better w/ the NYJ and Sam D. (and Carolina is in tank mode) but if he's looking at a 1 year "prove it deal" this could be a good spot for him if he's pissed the NYJ have backed off their original offer (which is probable at this point). Curtis Samuel an DJ Moore are good receivers but Robbie would probably play ahead of them.

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

This is the best thing you’ve ever posted on here by light years.

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I know. One sentence. It’s like coming out of quarantine on a sunny day.

5. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Moore is a stud. Robby isn’t even close to his route running abilities. And Samuel is basically a Robby clone. The fit isn’t there.

Jets69 likes this.
  6. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Actually I think Samuel is better than Robby tbh but they’re both great downfield threats who’ve been hindered by bad QB play.

7. DefenseWinsChampionships

Robby Anderson throughout 4 years has never even ever had any type of familiarity within an offense during back to back seasons.

He's had 2 different head coaches in...

Bowles.
    Gase.

He's had 7 different starting QB's in...

Sam Darnod (26 starts).
    McCown (16 starts).
    Fitzpatrick (11 starts).
    Petty (4 starts).
    Falk (2 starts).
    Geno (1 start).
    Siemian (1 start).

And a whopping 4 different Offensive Coordinators in...

Chan Gailey (1).
    John Morton (2).
    Jeremy Bates (3).
    Dowell Loggains/Adam Gase (4).

How are these less than ideal and absolute crap circumstances even fair to judge an extremely electric WR such as Robby Anderson under? It's not.

But yet he's still been able to record 207 career receptions (122 being of 1st down receptions), 3,059 receiving yards, and 20 TD receptions. Crazy!

Let's play a game. And yes it's a game that I know none of you Jet fans and Robby critics have a chance of winning.

Name me 5 NFL Starting Receivers (over and throughout the past 4 years) who've actually put up better numbers than Robby Anderson has (but while playing within even uglier circumstances and less than ideal situatins such as 2 head coaches, 7 different starting QB's behind makeshift O-Lines and 4 different offensive coordinators etc, etc).

WR 1.) _____
    WR 2.) _____
    WR 3.) _____
    WR 4.) _____
    WR 5.) _____

I'll be waiting before calling you liar. I bet you can't.

8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Over a week into free agency and the WR market is at a standstill because 2020’s version of Malcolm Floyd hasn’t signed a deal yet. That’s how pitiful this WR crop is.

Jets69 likes this.
  9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Is the season nearly over yet?

10. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

He's no where near the player Wesley Walker, Al Toon or Don Maynard was. He's not even as good as Key and Chrebet.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Two words: No. way.

12. DefenseWinsChampionships

I'm still waiting for a knowledgeable Robby Anderson critic to fill in the blanks.

Let's play a game. And yes it's a game that I know none of you Jet fans and Robby critics have a chance of winning.

Name me 5 NFL Starting Receivers (over and throughout the past 4 years) who've actually put up better numbers than Robby Anderson has (but while playing within even uglier circumstances and less than ideal situatins such as 2 head coaches, 7 different starting QB's behind makeshift O-Lines and 4 different offensive coordinators etc, etc).

207 career receptions (122 being of 1st down receptions), 3,059 receiving yards, and 20 TD receptions (4 years).

WR 1.) _____
    WR 2.) _____
    WR 3.) _____
    WR 4.) _____
    WR 5.) _____

And once again, I'll be waiting before calling you a liar. Because I know for a fact and 100% that none of you can.

13. ramjets29

ramjets29 Member

Fine, perhaps not DJ Moore who had a terrific year but I beg to differ on Curtis Samuel. Robby's the better receiver. Either way, DJ is a tremendous slot receiver with running back skills and the three of them on the field would make a dynamic trio. Throw Christian McCaffrey (who is probably the best receiver on the team) into the mix and that's a scary offense if their line holds up (although that's a big if). If he doesn't return (I hope he does) one can certainly connect the dots here.

14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

DWC:

Ever heard the expression: "Winning the battle, but losing the war"?

You've long ago lost the war. I'd be surprised if anyone here who is a regular poster even bothers to read your interminably long diatribes, so who exactly are you trying to win over? I'm certain that whomever it might be has long ago stopped listening. At this point whenever I see your moniker on a post, I simply skip over it. To me, "DefenseWinsChampionships" reads "NothingToSeeHere". It's too bad because you certainly have a lot of knowledge and an ability to do research, but your biggest problem is that you're convinced of your own infallibility, and you don't understand that no matter how much research you do, or how many facts and stats you assemble, you're not one of the people in charge of making decisions. And if you've ever been in a position of making decisions (for a living, not which socks to wear or cereal to eat), you'd know that most decisions are based on more than just facts and stats. Unless you're part of the Jets F.O. and are involved in day to day discussions and decisions, your opinions carry no more weight than anyone else here.

Just thought you should know.

15. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I haven't followed any of this conversation but I'm sure a lot of people want Robby at a certain price.

Frankly, the cost of stability also should be factored into Robby and if he is the benefactor of Sam's continuity, so be it. Why can't they just give him 2 years, 22 m? He can join free agency when the CBA is in effect and the caps are higher for his pay day. By then the Jets will have had time to find adequate replacement.

The Jets have to avoid the revolving door at WR they did to Sanchez.

Also, despite some of his personal hi-jinx, Robby has been a good Jet and teammate.

16. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Adam Schefter
    @AdamSchefter
    · 2m
    Former Jets’ WR Robby Anderson is signing a two-year, $20 million deal including $12 million in year one with the Carolina Panthers, per source.

17. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Anderson to the Panthers

18. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Just saw that... blows me away that Joe D wouldn't have offered that to keep Robby & Sam continuity going .

19. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Good, glad that's over.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Makes WR in the draft a top priority now. Need at least 2 guys. CeeDee and one of the 3rd rounders.