The 2020 Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 15, 2020.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Someone close the window I felt a breeze

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

his career is over. Can't blame Jets fans for overrating the guy though as he killed the Jets for years

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Bringing him into camp as a situational pass rusher would not be a bad move. It won't happen though. And I'd rather have Vinny Curry if we're going with a situational guy.

FJF likes this.
  4. Mr mittens

Mr mittens Active Member

We need to trade for Yannick Ngakoue!!! Saw a write up pure speculation that maybe we swap 1st round picks and a 4 th. I would do that because I think a good tackle or wr will still be there in the 1st round.they have pick 20 I believe.And we have the money to sign this beast. Hope joe looks into it. This guy has a high motor and unlike Clowney he’s not sitting with the trainers all the time. Our defense would be killer with him.

5. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

This was discussed earlier in this thread. That was a possibility and something the writer thought could work. It is not an offer, as far as we know, that is actually on the table.

The problem is, I think he's gonna cost much more than that, and Douglas is not going to give up the farm for him.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Wake is shot. We've done this a couple times (and so have other teams) with these beat to shit 35+ year old 'situational' pass rushers.

Jason Babin, Jason Taylor, etc. There's a couple more I'm sure I'm missing.

The issue is that there aren't enough completely obvious passing situations throughout a game where you can put a run game liability old pass rusher in the game. Especially with the way the mobility of the average quarterback has evolved.

10-12 situations at most. It's why Bruce Irvin has been on a million teams already.

7. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Has Robby signed for vet min yet?

8. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

No, I think by the time he signs it will be below the vet minimum at this point.

9. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I feel like every year Jets fans talk about trading for a superstar by just moving down in the 1st rd. Not.Gonna.Happen.

If Ngakoue gets traded it’s going to be for a 1st plus.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Anderson is going to sign a deal for somewhere between 1 yr/$6M and 4 yrs/$24M with $10M guaranteed. That's his market. It's a pretty good market for a guy who is a one-dimensional #2 WR. His speed and ability to get behind the defense 5 or 6 times a year is matched by his inability to beat press coverage and catch the quick slant.

If he was stronger he'd be able to run the routes between the hashes more consistently and he'd be much more valuable. He's good on jump balls down the field when he's one-on-one against a CB but he's not so good in situations where he is going to get gang-tackled at the end of the play. Those are a turnover waiting to happen, which is why the Jets don't use him that way.

chandler, Falco21, J-Raw24 and 3 others like this.
  11. Br4d

The thing about the 4 yr deal is that if he clearly outplays it he can address that if he needs too by holding out. That's incentive to outplay the deal and protection for the Jets if we've seen the best Robby Anderson has already.

12. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Exactly

13. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

Have to laugh at the Giants idiocy. Dion Lewis really? He's about to turn 30 and has looked shot the past two years. Waste of money

Gettleman just isn't a good GM.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I don’t know if you have seen the new penalties for holding out but it pretty much closes the door on holdouts . Mandatory fines starting day 1 of camp and forfeiture of an accrued season for failing to show up on time or missing more than 5 days. Fines can’t be forgiven by the team the way they used to. Players won’t be holding out anymore.

All Gas No Shake, Br4d and twown like this.
  15. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

Agreed! Love the fact we are making an effort to bring back our in house guys. This continuity is how you build a culture and can have a better overall unit year to year. The good teams do this.

I think a cohesive, well coached team of C to B level talent will always be better than a team with a lot of turnover that has a handful of A level talent (i.e. Browns)

Clowney on a 1-2 year deal that if frontloaded would work well

16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Damn, why didn't we have these rules before we drafted Revis!!!!!!!!!!

dawinner127 likes this.
  17. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

Thank God

18. DefenseWinsChampionships

Ding. Ding. Ding. That's what I've been preaching to these know it all's who simply look at box score statistics and judge from there without looking into everything surrounding the player and what circumstances they've been surrounded by.

If a WR earned good playing time but yet still struggled in N.E of all places? Then that's a reg flag. WR (lets call him) 'X' had an all-time great Brady as his QB, That QB (Tom) was behind an O-Line (5+ seconds every snap felt like), X's routes had more than just enough time to develop down field... and WR X still couldn't produce? Good look elsewhere.

Now a team like the lowly Jets? Hah. Look @ Danny Woodhead. Leaves the Jets and starts to tear it up with N.E (immediately) while plenty Jet fans mocked Woodhead as a Jet and never ever really believed in him to begin with. However Brady and N.E did.

You go put our Robby Anderson on the Chiefs opposite of Hill if they were to lose Watkins to F.A etc with Kelce demanding attention over the middle and with Mahomes rocket launching arm and behind an O-Line and a real offensive genius head coach who worked side by side with McNabb in Philly and then these know it all's "from a box score" can speak to me about Robby's "statistics".

19. Br4d

Wow, if they got that into the new CBA I understand why the vote was so close on the player's side.

NCJetsfan and FJF like this.
  20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Also helps explain the popularity of the one year deal right now. I think a few players would have taken the 3-4 year with plans to hold out if the penalties weren’t as severe.

Br4d likes this.