Jets sign Pierre Desir

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Best available? sure, just not some thing I like a lot. I saw a ton of "great signing" posts ... its a good one. ok maybe a decent one. nothing great about it.

2. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

for people denying the hurt thing ... hes a corner back ,,, near 30 .. and coming off an injury... a good signing for a low price .. sure ... but no more a sure thing than any o line man we've signed lately. I'm amazed at how everyone is so readily able to assume hes about to bounce back.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  3. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Im not always negative, the fact is far from that. If you dont like my take on a mid level CB signing, I'm sorry your such a sensitive bitch.

4. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Its not a bad pick up by any means. not great, not awful. its a good one year fill the gap deal. not a great signing. a meh signing to me.

5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Not for nothin', but is there even going to be a draft? It just occurred to me that it's only a month away. I heard it's happening, but they're not letting an audience in . . . ?

6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

hamstrings are tough to recover from and he really wasn’t himself trying to play through the injury
    This is always possible but I like the low risk signing here, and it seems the Jets maybe sticking to a cover 2 defense...which IMO bodes well for Bless as the other corner...Hairston has a shot to start too since he's familiar with the scheme and beat out Desir in a Colts uni years back.

Harpua likes this.
  7. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Good points .. like I said I don't hate it ... just now over the moon in love with it.

8. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

Desir is nothing special. But he's a serviceable NFL-er. Had some stretches of playing well, and for a team with our issues at CB he was an absolute must signing.

Still work to be done, but this is a necessary pickup

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Nice hold the fort signing. Hopefully Desir keeps it together next year at 30 and the Jets have a decision on their hands about whether to bring him back in 2021.

Nice low key off-season for the Jets so far. The way they're handling things they're filling holes for 2020 and resetting the 'Jets are an unlimited piggy bank' expectations at the same time.

10. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

Nice move JD

11. DefenseWinsChampionships

Well said. We're thin @ CB with more question marks than answered and he's been a starting #1 CB within this league and a veteran with postseason experience.

Just yesterday or the day before I was talking about hopefully going after a veteran FA CB, Jimmy Smith 31 years old of Baltimore Ravens.

JD landing Desir was the exact type of move I was asking for. Well done Douglas. Blessuan Austin can have serious potential as a #2 CB opposite of a should've been #1 CB in Trumaine I really like this 1 year deal signing of Desir @ CB1 in order to evaluate some of our younger CB's 2020.

12. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I'm liking your new avatar pic of Adam Gase with his perspex goggles and binoculars so he won't miss a thing during practice.

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Adam Gase would give his left and right nut to be half the tactician Irwin Rommel was.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  14. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Even Erwin but do you think we could get away with a Hitler, Goebbels or even Himmler avatar, doubt anybody will be offended by it, well unless you drop the flag, of course, that would be a huge no-no. :rolleyes:

auf wiedersehen mein freund

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes, there's going to be a draft, there will just be no live audience. Just think how nice it will be to not hear some clownish Jets fans booing the Jets' picks as they're announced.

BonScott likes this.
  16. K'OB

Hopefully that won't be needed from any of us sat at home this year either lol

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

All the men you just mentioned were members of the Nazi party. Irwin Rommel was not.... One of the greatest military tacticians of all time.

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Agreed! I'm very hopeful and excited. At least with the #1 pick, only two things would have me frustrated: 1) taking a DT at #11; 2) taking a CB at #11. If there's any silver lining to the cloud of having so many holes (LT, RT, WR, Edge, CB, OG, & RB, and can use an upgrade at TE or in pass coverage abilities at ILB), it's that Douglas should be able to get a great OT or WR prospect at #11, very good WR prospects in rounds 2-4, pretty good OT prospects in round 2, pretty good CB prospects in round 2 & 3, some pretty good OG prospects in rounds 2 & 3, and pretty good Edge Rush prospects in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, and some good RB options in rounds 3-5.

K'OB likes this.
  19. K'OB

I can't argue with that tbh bar maybe at TE I think we need to give Herndon another full season alongside Griffen and the younger one we drafted last year, all the other positions are way more important, especially OL still despite the new signings and a true number 1 CB wouldn't go amiss but not in rounds 1 or 2, WR's and OL seem to be bursting at the seams in every round, hopefully, JD knows what he is doing and the start of the journey begins this year, there is a big space to fill in the AFC East and beyond.

CotcheryFan and NCJetsfan like this.
  20. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I think we take whatever we can get this year and build on next year. If he’s a top flight corner then we might want to give him a better contract, but it doesn’t work out then we have another entire offseason to get it right.

With that said, I don’t think we make the playoffs again this year but it’s not impossible with the extra playoff spot to squeak in. I think another year to see what we have in this team and a full year of Joe Douglas hiring his own scouts we can look to make the right adjustments for a 2021 run.