Robby Anderson. Already one of my All-Time favorite Jet receivers.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Mar 21, 2020.

1. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I see you then mentioned Don Maynard, George Sauer, Jr, Al Toon, and Wesley Walker. I would argue they were better than any of players you've listed (as well as Robby Anderson), so I hope people liked them too, and yes, I'm old enough to have seen them.

2. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

No love for Santana Moss or Jerome Barkum.

Br4d and The Dark Knight like this.
  3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I was just naming WR's off the top of my head. Ward was great too! :)
    Yep! I just did not get to see them play live.
    I said Moss! :cool: Don't know Barkum though. Before my time.

4. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Robby is going to re-sign with the Jets and celebrate with a DUI.

jetophile and The Dark Knight like this.
  5. DefenseWinsChampionships

I loved Moss but he was only a 4 year Jet compared to a 10 year Redskin.

I mostly loved Santana Moss as a return man, but Robby Anderson has been a better overall and a more consistent Jets WR thus far after 4 years and has been climbing our Jet receiving record books each and every single season.

Moss as a Jet receiver:
    51 games played.
    151 receptions (107 1st downs).
    8 fumbles.
    2,416 receiving yards.
    Long of 69 yards.
    19 TD receptions.

And was loved by many (myself included too).

Robby as a Jet receiver.
    62 games played.
    207 receptions (122 1st downs).
    4 fumbles.
    3,059 receiving yards.
    Long of 92 yards.
    20 TD receptions.

At this rate and at this pace and @ the age of only 26 Robby Anderson will rank top 2-4 amongst all former Jet WR's within every statistical category such as pass receptions, yards per catch average, receiving yards, TD receptions and longest receptions by the time he's even 30 years of age.

Unlike Santana Moss of 2001-2004, Robby Anderson has never had a QB that's consistently had time in the pocket in order to scan the field for open receivers due to a very good to great O-Line.

I've seen Robby Anderson absolutely smoke NFL secondaries. Left in the dust. And couldn't get the football thrown his way because one of his 3-5 QB's have been on their backside after being sacked. His receiving yards and TD receptions should be way higher than currently but that's an O-Line problem not a Robby Anderson concern of mine.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Anyone else hear something? Eh nevermind.

7. DefenseWinsChampionships

Wait. Wow. Did you just say Ward was "great too" but yet question why I love Robby Anderson so much? Hypocritical type of hypocrite talk right there.

Robby as a Jet receiver: 4 years.
    Undrafted.

62 games played.
    207 receptions (122 1st downs).
    4 fumbles.
    3,059 receiving yards.
    Long of 92 yards.
    20 TD receptions.

D. Ward as a Jet receiver. 4 years.
    3rd round pick.

59 games played.
    119 receptions (87 1st downs).
    4 fumbles.
    1,815 receiving yards.
    Long of 71 yards.
    11 TD receptions.

In what freaking world was Dedric Ward "great too" when in comparison to Robby Anderson after 4 years?!? lol.

Laughable.

boozer32 likes this.
  8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

This is an odd response. Ward wasn't on my list. @TwoHeadedMonster mentioned him and I just said he was great too. I don't see an issue. Don't reach! And I like Robby Anderson. Wouldn't put him on my all-time Jets WR list though. That is why I made a quick list off the top of my head.

TwoHeadedMonster and CotcheryFan like this.
  9. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Derrick Gaffney

The Dark Knight likes this.
  10. DefenseWinsChampionships

lol, no.

Robby Anderson has put up better numbers in only 4 years than Gaffney did in 8 years as a Jet.

11. DefenseWinsChampionships

One of the most exciting plays I've ever seen from a Jets offensive play.

You give Robby Anderson a QB in Sam Darnold behind an improved offensive line in order to be able to sit in the pocket and actually scan the field while Robby Anderson's routes are able to develop deep & Robby Anderson goes down a Jets household name (well on his way already).

And if you put Robby Anderson opposite of a Jeudy or Lamb #11 then becomes a speed demon of a nightmare once he's one on one on the outside with no safety help as a #2 WR who will absolutely torch opposing secondaries.

QB: Sam Darmold (Franchise QB to build our team around).

RB: Le'Veon Bell (66 receptions as a 1st year Jet).

WR1: Jerry Jeudy (one of the greatest route running prospects coming out I've ever seen).

Slot: Jamison Crowder (78 receptions as a 1st year Jet; the perfect natural slot receiver).

WR2: Robby Anderson (would become a freakishly scary WR weapon lined up against lesser #2 CB's) as an electric and great deep threat outside WR.

TE1: Chris Herndon (if healthy he's a mismatch problem for opposing defenses).

TE2: Ryan Griffin (showed flashes and a fantastic #2 TE with run after catch ability).

I can't think of the last time we've ever featured an offense with that many pass catching weapons while being led by an up and coming Franchise QB in Sam Darnold.

That's the offensive attack that I'd love to see behind a much improved offensive line come 2020 and with a Gregg Williams led Defense we'll compete for the division.

#31 DefenseWinsChampionships, Mar 21, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  12. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

2007 was Robbie's best year. 34th in receptions, 21st in yards, tied with a bunch of guys at 20 in TD's, 31st in first downs, 19 in Yards per reception
    2003 was Moss's best year as a Jet. 17th in receptions, 12th in yards, 5th in TD's, 15th in first downs, 15th in yards per reception.

On a comparative basis with the rest of the NFL Anderson sucks balls compared to Moss best year with the Jets. The problem with your analysis is lots of NFL WR smoke NFL secondaries and lots of NFL WR in today's game are simply much better in terms of actual productivity.

I put no faith in the stats either way. Based on the eye test Moss was simple in a different league than Robbie.

#32 Biggs, Mar 21, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
    jonnyd likes this.
  13. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I do not believe OP stats are correct.
    I am fairly certain Wesley Walker is in the top10-15 all time in Yards per catch.

14. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Apparently the stay at home thing is driving some people crazy and DWC ran out of hand lotion for his other past time. If Robby was getting paid by words in this thread he would have signed already.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  15. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

If Robby's as great as the OP believes, he'd have a contract now. He's a good #2 at best.

16. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

We are paper thin at Corner and WR....Im so tired of the never ending "Jets Rebuilding" process that has been going on since Rex left..I dont have the patience for it anymore.It looks like they are planning on drafting a corner in round 1...Judging by how many free agent offensive linemen hes signed i dont think we are going o line in round 1.

17. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Would be funny if your "all time favorite Jets receiver" is no longer a Jets receiver by the end of this month lol

18. DefenseWinsChampionships

Years of...

587 receiving yards (R).
    752 receiving yards.
    779 receiving yards.
    941 receiving yards.

42 receptions (R).
    50 receptions.
    52 receptions.
    63 pass receptions.

2 TD receptions (R).
    5 TD receptions.
    6 TD receptions.
    7 TD receptions.

You're telling me those are the numbers of a #2 WR "at best"? Yea, O.K.

You're forgetting the part that ever since coming into the league he's been forced into less than ideal circumstances and shit situations while receiving for two career losing crap QB's in Shitztragic and Josh McCown.

His first two crap QB's in Fitz/Josh have combined for a career QB losing record of 78-136 overall (.364%) with 0 playoff starts throughout and after 31 years of NFL experience. With 0 playoff starts.

During Robby's rookie season he had to play 14 games with a QB who stole off-season $$$ from our front office in Shitztragic who went 3-11, 56% completion percentage, 12 TD's/17 INT's with an atrocious QB Rating of 69.6. His QB was so bad he was gone the very next season. His QB for his remaining games as a rookie? Bryce Petty. Who was 2x worse than Fitzpatrick could've ever been lol.

During Anderson's 2nd year he had to play another 13 games with another JAG career losing QB in Josh McCown who went 5-8, 67.3% completion percentage, 18 TD's/9 INT's and a career year 94.5 QB Rating and Robby Anderson put up his best season of his young career recording 63 receptions for 941 receiving yards and 7 TD's.

And if not for Petty having to play 3 games (0-3) with a QB Rating of only 55.1 with a competition percentage of only 41.9% (lol) and only 1 TD/3 INT's; Robby Anderson would've shattered 1K+ receiving yards as only a 2nd year player.

And his last two seasons? Hah. He's had Sam Darnold as the youngest QB to ever start an NFL week 1 game/2nd year (mono) trying to throw him the football behind a makeshift and putrid offensive line that's held our entire offense back for multiple years now.

Give Robby Anderson a QB (such as Sam Darnold) who has pass protection due to an improved JD offensive line in order to scan the field and find open receivers and Robby Anderson becomes a Jets household name.

I pray that if the Jets do not re-sign Robby Anderson that he lands in a winning situation for a WR with either K.C/Dallas/Baltimore/SF/GB as those QB's all have the offensive lines that Robby has never played for so I can literally laugh @ you all every time he torches a secondary deep down the field.

And I pray that if we re-sign him he's opposite a Jeudy/Lamb while Sam Darnold quarterbacks behind an improved JD offensive line this way I can laugh @ you all for acting as if Robby Anderson wouldn't become an awesome outside WR under ideal receiving situations.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Did you get a check in the mail from Tory Dandy today?

20. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yup. Just like it was funny for Mark Sanchez to lose Edwards/Cotchery who he had and built chemistry with and replaced by downgrades in washed up receivers in Plaxico/Mason. That was pretty funny too, huh?

Sam Darnold won't be laughing if he loses Robby Anderson while Robby lands in the hands of either K.C, Baltimore, San Fran, Dallas, Houston, Seattle, GB etc where QB's such as Mahomes/Lamar Jackson/Jimmy G/Prescott/Watson/Russell Wilson or Aaron Rodgers makes a star out of #11.

I'll still have the last laugh.

Everyone's favorite Keyshawn Johnson stated himself that NYJ must bring back Robby Anderson and that it'll become a mistake by the Jets if he's not locked up long term. Keyshawn absolutely loves Anderson's game and has developed into an excellent commentator over the years and I'm pretty sure that Keyshawn himself has forgotten more about the WR position than you'll ever know.

Mogriffjr and boozer32 like this.