The AFC East is now wide open.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Mar 17, 2020.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, I am sure he will have some games with 5 straight ugly drives and then an 80 yard bomb to Diggs. The Bills are built in a way where Allen won't have to do too much though.

2. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Appreciate the effort. Never do that again.

NYGANGGREEN and James Hasty like this.
  3. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

the jets are still the worst team in the division. so

Jets69 likes this.
  4. DefenseWinsChampionships

Why not? Just shows that he's the greatest QB of All-Time and no other QB under Bill Belichick could ever perform quite like Tom Brady did. He can not be replaced and will be missed by Bill Belichick.

5. The Dark Knight

Maybe you should change your name to BradyWinsChampionships with how much you love him and credit him for all of the Patriots' success. :D

CotcheryFan and James Hasty like this.
  6. DefenseWinsChampionships

I hate Brady as I once hated Jordan. But respect both as the greatest that's ever lived to play their game.No love whatsoever for a matter of fact I hope an old man Tom Brady gets destroyed and breaks down right in front of my eyes here in Tampa Bay.

7. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Because I don't read well. Can you include video of every drive of Brady's career?

8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

dude we are all happy brady is gone. but he was also 43 and not his former self. and it doesn't make the jets magically good. the bills and pats are still ahead of us. the pats had the best D in the NFL last eyar. that won't change. the bills had a monster D and enough big plays on offense to make the playoffs. jets are still a little away from really competing

Jets69 likes this.
  9. DefenseWinsChampionships

• Most touchdown passes: 18.
    • Most passing yards: 2,838.
    • Most passes completed: 256.
    • Most passes attempted: 392.
    • Most wins as starting QB: 6.
    • Most wins as a player: 6
    • Most passes completed in first half of a single Super Bowl: 20.
    • Most passes completed in a single Super Bowl: 43.
    • Most passes attempted in a single Super Bowl: 62.
    • Most passing yards in a single Super Bowl: 505.
    • Most Super Bowl appearances: 9.
    • Most passing attempts without an interception in a single Super Bowl: 48.
    • Oldest QB to start a Super Bowl: 41 years, 6 months, 0 days.
    • Oldest QB to win a Super Bowl: 41 years, 6 months, 0 days.
    • Oldest player to win Super Bowl MVP: 39 years, 6 months, 2 days.
    • Most consecutive completions in a single Super Bowl: 16.
    • Most game-winning drives: 6.
    A defensive Bill Belichick will miss Tom Brady and his 7 years without him doesn't lie. Neither does Brady's HOF stats, awards, rings and accomplishments.

However the rest of the AFC East will never miss Tom Brady quite like his head coach win because our 20 years with #12 within our division doesn't lie either.

#129 DefenseWinsChampionships, Mar 20, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  10. DefenseWinsChampionships

That was last year and NEs defense has already lost multiple starters on defense with no QB.

Let's see how that defense does with a QB throwing 20-30 it's instead of only 8.

11. The Dark Knight

I don't understand why @DefenseWinsChampionships is bringing up any stats besides the 2019 Tom Brady. That is the one the Patriots are losing. 24 Touchdowns. 8 Interceptions. Lost to Ryan Fitzpatrick to end the regular season and handed the Chiefs the Bye Week. Then barely got a 1st down and ended his Pats career throwing a Pick-6 to lose to the Titans. Can that production be done by another QB? Yes. Can their new QB surpass that? Definitely possible. So not sure how the Pats would have too big of a drop off.

TwoHeadedMonster and Ralebird like this.
  12. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

i suspect Pats and Bills will be favored once things get going; and I understand that

But because i have this character flaw in which i've been rooting for the Jets for 50+ years i continue to expect the Jets to make noise and surprise people (Fins too but that's much tougher to justify)

Nice to not have a juggernaut in the division!

13. DefenseWinsChampionships

I really hope that we land Clowney now that Brady has left our division and during a time where Belichick is scrambling for a QB to learn N.E's system for the first time in 20 years. Now is the time for our defense to slaughter a Bradyless offense.

An improved offensive line and a super talented Gregg Williams Defense could be what turns a soon to be 3rd year Sam Darnold into an AFC East winner as soon as 2020.

Quinnen Williams.
    C.J Mosley.
    Avery Williamson.
    Marcus Maye.
    Jamal Adams.
    Jadeveon Clowney.

Everyone talks about N.E's #1 Defense (who've already lost multiple off-season starters to multiple Belichick disciples) and Buffalo's Defense who played a weaker schedule but that core group of defensive players above would be crazy exciting under Gregg Williams.

And kids like Poole @ Nickel, Austin on the outside and Hewitt/Burgess duo @ LB etc and Blake Cashman looked really good too.

If Joe Douglas can land Clowney we'll be rocking and rolling on defense before heading into a draft to focus on mostly nothing but offense.

This is the beautiful thing about having Sam Darnold. A Franchise QB to build our entire roster around. Something that Bill had for 20 years, but no longer. His players are leaving him along with Brady. They've lost multiple starters to their #1 D to free agency and N.E is now SCRAMBLING for an overnight QB to learn a new Patriots system some of his coaches are leaving too...

14. DefenseWinsChampionships

Who the fuck even scares you on the Patriots anymore without Tom Brady? lol.

It's an offensive league, right? Well, the days of Tom Brady, Gronk, Hernandez, Moss, Welker, Faulk etc with some awesome lineman such as Mankins, Solder, Light and many of others are over.

Who the fk does N.E have on offense, in an offensive league... who scares you? lol good luck little Julian Edelman? #12 made it all possible for their offense(s).

Some of you really are hypocrites. You all call it an offensive league. And you need a Franchise QB to win. And Rex's method of Fielding #1 and top 5 Defenses don't work anymore etc etc.

And here N.E is. Just lost their 20 year HOF QB. Have lost multiple starters to their #1 defense to free agency and scrambling for a QB. And have lost multiple starters to their #1 defense.

Steadman, Sony/White, Elelman, K'Neal and Sanu lol scares NO ONE without Tom Brady directing them lol

AFC East is wide open and only the blind would say otherwise.

15. DefenseWinsChampionships

Just like Buffalo and Miami have learned and are still learning about how life without Jim Kelly and Dan Marino isn't easy. 0 SBs for two HOF QB's but combine the records of Bills/Dolphins post Kelly/Marino and it's ugly. Couple of decent seasons here and there but overall it's disgusting.

N.E now has a Defense that's lost multiple starters from last years #1 Defense, have lost so much offensive talent over the past couple of years, just lost their 20 year starting QB in #12 and are now left without a Quarterback while Jimmy G balls out in San Francisco after being under Tom Bradys wing he learned from the greatest QB All-time and will soon lose much of their fan base. Foxboro wasn't always a packed house lol.

It's funny to say but N.E is behind both Buffalo and NYJ for potential Franchise QB and after the draft even the Dolphins will be in much better QB shape than New England. This. To me. Is a breath of fresh air.

Jim Kelly.
    Dan Marino.
    Tom Brady.

Those 3 QB's have destroyed our poor Jets since the 80's. It's 2020 and they're all gone. AFC East wide open ripe for the picking.

Outside of Kelly/Marino/Brady I can't think of any QB that I've feared within the AFC East throughout my generation. Thankfully the Indy Colts moved out of the AFC East before Peyton Manning joined the likes of Brady/Marino/Kelly as another one who tortured us.

A Bradyless N.E team? I love it. After Marino and Kelly no Dolphins nor Bills QB have since put any type of fear into us Jet fans. Only Brady has. I'd rather deal with the Feeley/Fielder's and wildcat Ricky/Ronnie gimmick and old Pennington or Henne lol than Dan Marino and live in a division with the likes of Flutie/J.P/E.J Manuel, Lewis etc

Bye bye Tom Brady hit the road jack and don't ya come back no more no more more hit the road Jim Dan and Tom.

16. DefenseWinsChampionships

Cool. He's been in the league for 3 years and you've seen his greatness for 2 years with 1 SB. With a stacked offense with speed and talent everywhere, great O-Line and a HOF head coach. Drafted into a great situation overall.

You can talk to me about Mahomes as greatest all time once he's played 16-17 more years and 5 more SB's well into his 40's while setting all time records for a QB 40+ years old with every postseason and SB record known to man kind. It won't be easy to accomplish but good luck Mahomes.

I remember when Allen Iverson crossed over MJ23 and fans such as yourself talked up A.I as a talent that'll win like Jordan won; never happened.

I'd bet my life Mahones wouldn't have won a SB if drafted by the Jets instead of Jamal Adams. With Todd and Gase? With our O-Line(s)? Nope. Not happening. And I'd bet my life he doesn't play for 20+ years and ever hold all of Brady's Playoff and SB records. Won't happen.

Greatest you've ever seen for 2 years? Cool story because Brady's the greatest I've seen for 20 years.

NYGANGGREEN likes this.
  17. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

Great teams are a combination of coaching and talent. Both have to be present simultaneously.

18. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

The AFC East is far from wide open. All of those claiming Belichick can’t win without Brady are hilariously hopeful. Will they be just as good? No. Will he win 6 more Super Bowls? No.

He is however now 20 years more experienced than he was in his last losing season. Belichick can still out-coach most coaches on a much better than 50% rate, meaning they are highly unlikely to experience a losing season so long as he is the coach. Not to mention the Bills have only gotten better talent wise. I am sorry but just being realistic. I still think the Jets are the 3rd best team in the division in 2020.

I do actually believe that the Jets now have the best QB in the division though.

ColoradoContrails and chandler like this.
  19. DefenseWinsChampionships

The Patriots won't have the best defense come next year either.

The Patriots have already lost four defensive starters from that "#1 defense" from just last year. 4 Defensive #1 starters... Gone.

Tom Brady the heart and soul of their Franchise... Gone after 20 years.

Bill Belichick is deeply fkd.

None of you can even name 5 Patriots both offense/defense combined that scare you anymore now that #12 is gone.

It's an offensive league, right? Well the days of Welker, Moss, Gronk, Hernandez etc & Tom Brady are now long gone and just a memory of the past.

From top to bottom starting with Sam Darnold NYJ"s roster is way more talented than N.E's current roster and it's not even close right now. N.E is in a very bad situation and so is their head coach.

20. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

You are either trolling or delusional.