The 2020 Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 15, 2020.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

The stats don’t really bear that out. He was awful throwing downfield last year

2. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

He had a better TD to interception rate, more completions of 20,30,and 40 yard passes than another QB u claim is great.
    I'm not a Josh Allen fan as I said. But saying 3 draft prospects are guaranteed to be better players than Diggs ,especially 3 who are not the top prospects is a questionable opinion at best.
    This is a subject were not going to agree on so I'll end it here

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  3. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

His short pass was his bread and butter. Dumping the ball off. But he has the arm to throw deep. His intermediate were pretty much just as bad a deep. But if you give him a weapon that can track down field it ups his deep game. Tebow was garbage as well but could throw deep and had wr that could track the ball and make the catch. Diggs doesn't get deep. With diggs it will be more short dump passes same as they had last year. There is no medium-long threat. Brown has the speed to stretch the field bus doesn't track the ball well. Beasley is a short yardage receiver. Brown mainly played short yardage last year. He nearly completed 50% of his passes at all. And anything over 5-10 yards he was bad at, but some of that is because his deep receiver doesn't track the ball. Getting someone that does, like Ruggs did in college, should be more important than getting another person to make short catches.

4. J-Raw24

At what point did I claim any qb was great? Oh and more completions of 20-40 yards? He was 15-59 over 20 yards. As stated above. Definitely not better. My argument is with someone who can track those 20+ yard throw he will be better than with someone like Diggs who is going to catch inside the 20... obviously Brown is not the answer in the deep game, though he has been ok inside 10 yards.

5. Billsfan1212

Billsfan1212 Active Member

And hope that in 2 years hes half as good as Diggs? A wr at 22 is a gamble. Ill take Diggs on a 11 mill deal all day long over a gamble at 22. If it was the jets, so do you!

blackssmagic likes this.
  6. Billsfan1212

Now the takes have just gone into complete homer territory. Diggs becoming a Bill aside, if he was a free agent this year like Anderson - 10 out of 10 times Doggs is the more coveted WR. Anderson is like, John Brown level. He CAN be a number one, but really, hes an ideal #2.

7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Fans can have a tendency to overrate their team's players.

8. Billsfan1212

Oh, its was;)
    But again, a 5 and a 6 wont make the roster. They have more anyway so those are just throwaway. Now, that said we are lucky to be in a position where 5s and 6s are throwaways and im thankful and happy for that and realize that isnt always the case. We can also throw away the 7th the Bills got back. So, #22 and mext years 4th (5th value) for a bonafide #1 WR on a cheap deal for 4 yrs is something i do 7 days a week and 2x on sunday. I still feel like if the jets were in this position... you would too. Everyone kept mocking Tee Higgins to the Bills at 22. Higgins < Diggs

blackssmagic likes this.
  9. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Very possible. As of now I’m still expecting two more major OL acquisitions between the rest of FA and the draft..

CotcheryFan likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

OK, the way your response was worded, I thought you were saying that Ruggs could help Allen with his short-intermediate accuracy. I agree with this post.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  11. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

So far we got a starting C, Lewis was here last year when we had a terrible line, and Fant came from a line as bad or worse... I'm happy we're focused on o line but hard to say we've improved it

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It really doesn't matter how good or bad Seattle's line was. What's important is how good Fant will be. He has the agility, feet, size and strength to be a good LT. He's only been playing football for 4 years, and the first of those years, he played TE, and he's only played a relatively few games at OT. For much of the last two seasons he played as a blocking TE. He's still learning and improving as an OL. If the Jets draft Becton or Thomas, I expect that the Jets will experiment with both at LT, and whoever handles LT the best will be the LT, and the other will be shifted to RT.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I'd be pumped if we got a talent like Diggs. Not a person like Diggs though. He and Thielen teamed up against Cousins. Constantly tweeting shit about leaving after signing a big deal.

Wasn't there rumors that they fined him in excess of $250k for conduct detrimental to the team? It got swept under the rug pretty well but he must've been a nightmare last season behind the scenes. That fine is huge. Don't forget. He was on a good playoff team.

Billsfan1212, Brook! and J-Raw24 like this.
  14. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Lewis was the best of last year’s bunch - a solid trade for a seventh rounder. Better than Winters in my opinion. McGovern is young, durable, and seems to be ascending. Also did not commit a single penalty last year. That was a great signing. Fant - well I don’t know much about him. I will say at best a replacement for Beachum to keep LT warm until a permanent replacement is drafted. Fant’s contract can be torn up next year if necessary so that tells me it’s a prove it deal. If a LT is drafted at #11 Fant probably becomes disposable next year.

All in all I think so far JD has kept his promise and is slowly building a solid OL.

15. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

huh?

Ptflea2 and The Dark Knight like this.
  16. J-Raw24

I disagree. John Brown fails to track the ball in the air. Which can be seen on most of Allen's deep passes. Anderson is great deep down the field. Brown I think maybe better than Anderson on short passes. But they are different. I like Diggs in short-intermediate range. But I'm not scare of the Bills throwing the deep ball. With Anderson or anyone who tracks the ball in the air and adjusts to it I would be.

17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Another day closer to signing Anderson at a sensible price.

18. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I’ll take one Jerry Jeudy please.

19. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I'm reading PFT a article called the Bengals broke their mold and the bank.

They doled out a combined $95 million worth of contracts to DJ Reader and Trae Waynes.

Who are these guys? I never heard of 'em before.

What is wrong with these teams?

20. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

they have no choice with the new QB coming in.