The 2020 Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

Oof - that's a rough name to have in the NY media.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

For the record, I think the Bills got bent over in this trade... but for shits, just ask that guy what he thinks about Robby compared to Diggs. It'll be a good one.

FJF likes this.
  3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Fants is insurance against the draft and competition for edoga.

4. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

All of our TEs (other than Herndon) are kind of on notice too -- looking at you Wesco. If they needed more motivation to come into camp in the best shape of their lives and locked in, they now have it, because this guy will be there on short yardage, goal line etc. A nice piece to play with

TwoHeadedMonster and FJF like this.
  5. Billsfan1212

Billsfan1212 Active Member

Robby Anderson isnt Diggs.... and lets see if he costs more. Someone will prob overpay.

This 'farm' talk seems to only be coming from jets fans. The Bills were in a position to trade 5th and 6th rd picks (and sure, you can find a diamond in the rough but its 5/6 rd picks...) because their draft class wouldnt bave made the roster and its very likely these guys get cut anyway.
    So, is there a Jets fan on this board that wouldnt trade #22 for a proven wr such as diggs? Even in a strong wr class (more so in depth than top end talent) you arent getting the proven commodity Diggs is this yr. Maybe in a few years after development, but for now- hes on a sweetheart deal and entering his prime.
    I call foul if you guys dont think youd be jazzed about the jets making that same deal (if they had #22) for Darnold
    You sure would be! And id be pissed the jets made that deal to be honest. Id wish the Bills did!!

And can we stop acting like the price for a game breaking wr is a 2nd rd pick and a rb? Thatll be one of the worst trades of all time and shame on the Bills AND Jets for not getting involved. Itbwas prob important for BOB to go to the NFC, but that was a straight fleece and shldnt be compared as an example of a top end wr price

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

is he's competition for Edoga we are screwed. Edoga sucks. I was hoping he would be Edoga's replacement

7. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I thought it was a good trade for them. What did they give up a 1st , 5th , 6th this year and a 4th next year for Diggs and a 7th. The trade really is the 1st (22nd pick) and a 4th for Diggs who is a solid receiver. The 5th and 6th they gave up and the 7th they got to me is not a big deal. They can easily make deals to get picks like that back. Their roster is pretty solid especially on D. This move signals a more win now mentality as they are trying to give Allen as many weapons as possible.

8. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

9. dawinner127

Diggs is probably the 15th best WR in the league. The guy wasn't even the best WR on his team. It was an awful trade in terms of value

TwoHeadedMonster and FJF like this.
  10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Edoga showed enough to be allowed to compete for the starting spot but not enough to be named the starter yet.

SOJAZ, NCJetsfan and All Gas No Shake like this.
  11. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

You do realize he's graded out worse than Edoga as a pass protector, right?

12. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

It would be good for us if the Panthers are looking for a QB with the 7th pick. I wouldn't be surprised if Cam ends up in NE.

13. DefenseWinsChampionships

Exactly. This WR class is deep and loaded with future NFL stars @ the WR position. There is no way I'm trading away that many draft picks away unless it's for a no questions asked top 3-5 WR. They could have traded up into the draft, and landed a Jeudy/Lamb/Ruggs for much less than what they just gave up.

14. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

putting aside whether the trade was fair value, from a pure player perspective it was smart move for the Bills IMO. They're looking at WRs as downstream weapons with a qb who can chuck it and hopefully those guys will be in the vicinity to run under it.

This will spread the field for Allen and their RBs to run.

Looking forward to see how this plays out (and hoping it doesn't of course, but i wouldn't criticize this move too quickly)

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  15. dawinner127

16. DefenseWinsChampionships

I just went over to visit the N.E forum and read their thread about Brady being gone. Wow. Those fans are heartbroken. I read posts such as "enjoy our .500 seasons". "This is Bill's fault this is what Belichick wanted all along". "I never thought I'd see this day come". lol I love it. The Patriots are dead. Stick a fork in them.

I hope Brady goes to Tampa. This way I can see him physically break down right in front of my eyes. I live in Saint Peterburg, less than 15 minutes away from Raymond James Stadium right over the bridge. I've never been to a Bucs game (outside of when they play my Jets) but I'll pay money to see Brady also lose with the Sucaneers. They do not have the type of O-Line that Brady's been blessed with in N.E all of these years. They do not get home field advantage with refs on their side it's the opposite as TB always has yellow flags called against them. Brady will breakdown in Tampa finally and get destroyed like all QB's do behind that O-Line. Winston throws A LOT of INT's because he's always under pressure and running for his life. The Bucs as a team stink and Brady won't win there.

I can not wait to see Belichick become exposed as N.E loses under .500 football while Tampa's O-Line gets Brady sent into retirement.

17. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I'm ok with the Jets sitting out this initial wave. No problem whatsoever. I'd like to see some of the other moves. Just being impatient. Seeing how things are going here is my wishlist:

1. Resign Robby
    2. Still resign Poole
    3. Sign Fowler or resign Jenkins though I hear he is gone. Please do not sign Clowney. If we did not over 15 million. Really don't want him.
    4. Sign two veteran cbs. Prefer Rhodes or Wayenes. Not as good as once was but still better than us and no more than a two year deal easy out after 1.
    5. Sign Van Roten and Wisenski. Not that I'm in love with it but we need as many linemen as possible.

Just a few things I'd like to see. I know it all won't happen or be popular but we need some things.

NCJetsfan and NYJalltheway like this.
  18. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

and sign a WR to a 20M per year contract.

19. BrowningNagle

Edoga will also compete for a spot on the roster in general, as well

I like his chances of making the team only slightly more than his chances of starting

20. BrowningNagle

well that really sucks