The 2020 Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 15, 2020.

1. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

FTR, I would have rather spent the George Fant money towards resigning Kelvin Beachum. Short term, not a lot of guaranteed $$. That was right up Beachum’s alley.

JetFanInPA likes this.
  2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Only thing we can hope for is because we run a different scheme than Seattle - his athleticism will be better used in our blocking scheme.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Poole needs to be the priority today. The CB market is drying up and we can’t afford to lose any considering we already needed to add two. If Robby is getting offered 13-15 mil somewhere else, let him take it. Although now that we’ve completely botched the OL portion of free agency, it doesn’t seem like WR is in play at 11 anymore. Can’t believe how poorly yesterday went.

same old jets, Noam and J-Raw24 like this.
  5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The Bills got absolutely destroyed in that deal with the Vikings. Look at what Hopkins netted vs. The haul they get for Diggs.

@BrowningNagle is right. The Bills were building something solid there, with a full draft of assets in the best wide receiver class since 2014 and could be the best ever. Why would they trade for a me me me first guy?

Diggs hated Cousins, is he really going to like a guy that completes 56% of his passes? Spells disaster. I think the Bills were better off keeping those draft assets and continuing to build their team. They're still so young.

6. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Jets fans don't understand the Diggs deal because they haven't seen how a competent organization should run a team in decades. When you get what you believe to be a franchise QB on a rookie deal, you capitalize. That's what good teams do, and I don't think anyone would disagree with that. You add Brandon Cooks to Goff for a 1st round pick. You add Amari Cooper to Dak Prescott for a 1st round pick, you add Odell Beckam to Baker Mayfield for 2 1st round picks, you add DeAndre Hopkins to Kyler Murray even though you drafted 3 receivers the year before. You surround that guy with weapons to make a run before the 4-5 years of the rookie deal is up. That's what you do.

Josh Allen is entering the 3rd year of his 4 year deal (5 with the option if they don't extend already). You don't have time to sit at 22, draft a receiver and hope that he's really good in 2 years (it is more an outlier for a rookie WR to come in and be a difference maker year 1). Instead, you swap that 1 for a proven commodity at receiver (who is 25 or 26 years old still) and start the season with a proven threat and try making a run. The 5th and 6th round picks don't matter, the bills had 5 of those this year. FIVE. After the Diggs trade, the Bills still have a 4th, 5th, 2 6ths and a 7th rounders this year. The picks the Bills traded to Minnesota were acquired by trading 2 players they were going to cut last year anyway (Russell Bodine and Wyatt Teller). Its found treasure.

If you don't understand the move for Buffalo or you think they made a bad trade, you don't understand how good franchises run their teams.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I hate to break it to you but Josh Allen is not an NFL QB.

You'll see.

FlaJet and Noam like this.
  8. dawinner127

It's a terrible trade. He isn't even the same category has Beckham or Hopkins. I do think he actually fits really well with Beasley and Brown, but you guys way over paid.

FlaJet likes this.
  9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The tragedy for Bills fans is that there are several NFL caliber QB's out there in free agency this season, however you just drafted Josh Allen so you're not going to get any of them to cap a talented roster. The next open season on quality NFL QB's is probably going to be in 2030 or so.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  10. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Why, because of a 5th and 6th round picks? That's what #1 receivers not under the control of Bill O'Brien are going for. Diggs is 26 years old and cost controlled on a very good contract for the next 4 years.

Billsfan1212 likes this.
  11. dawinner127

Because Diggs isn't even a top 10 WR in the league. He wasn't even the best WR on his own team.

Adams Thomas Julio Hopkins Beckham Evans Godwin juju Thielen tyreek hill cooper keenan allen and Kupp just off the top of my head are better than diggs.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The only one of those trades that has worked out to your point so far in any real winning sense is Cooks. And they went to the SB on the back of the leagues best running game. His career is likely over now too with all of the concussions. So he was a year and a half rental at his huge price tag.

We'll see how this works out. Diggs doesn't like when he doesn't get the ball early and often. He gets pissed off when a QB takes a sack or air mails a throw to him. You're not pairing a veteran crybaby receiver with Aaron Rodgers. You're pairing him with one of the leagues worst pure throwers.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

The Diggs trade is going to help Buffalo out immediately. There’s no doubting that. It’s a good move for Allen because lord knows he needs all the help he can get. Value wise, this was a bad trade. That was way too much to give up for a guy that wasn’t even the best receiver on his own team. Especially when Nuk gets traded for a fraction of what the Bills gave up.

14. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Why not just sign Robby Anderson and keep your picks?

The Bills got taken to the cleaners. Diggs is okay I don't think he's one of the truly elite players at the position.

15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

what I don't understand is this: The Bills made a big move for a receiver and Bills fans feel the need to access a random Jets message board to explain why its a good move to Jets fans.

Its like little man syndrome or something.

16. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

i like Diggs....bills are my early fav's to dethrone the pats.

17. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Buffalo is a win now team with an amazing defense. All they need is a competent QB. They really should go all in on Brady, Rivers, Bridgewater or even Winston if he becomes available. Even Trubisky would be a major upgrade. Give the Bills a competent QB and they would be a legit SB contender.

18. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

If Brady told Belicheat he's not coming back then it makes sense to put a decent line in front of the next starter. If he lets Brady and Thuney go and the Cheatriots go 5-11 its going to look like Bill wasn't the genius of the team after all it was all Brady. Keeping Thuney likely won't get them to 10-6 but 7-9 or 8-8 keeps the belicheat is a genius alive (look .500 record and we lost Brady).. Still stinks for the Jets though.

19. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

I mean not for nothing but how many of those teams that made those movies won anything? The cowboys? The rams? The browns?

20. zace

zace Well-Known Member

First off how many of them contributed to that team....you do remember who drafted foles right?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk