The 2020 Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Mar 15, 2020.

1. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Wait until Josh Allen does Josh Allen things and starts sailing balls over Diggs’s head all game.

2. Billsfan1212

Billsfan1212 Active Member

Reapectfully, how? The junk picks were found house money for discarded trash. Im not a fan of trading 1sts, but the 1 1st that was the only meaningful pick in the trade was #22. Id trade #22 for a proven commodity any day of the week. The high end WRs werent lasting that long. Now, id rather Hopkins BUT had he not moved today this would have been 'the get' bc any wr taken at 22 wouldnt have been a sure thing and woukd have taken a season or two to get there. IMO, the issue isnt did we pay too much, its can he be a part of the team. We shall see...

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

How do you know the Jets were "after" them? Because some beat writer said they were? Because some rumor was floated out there? Did Douglas say that he was after them?

I'm betting that Douglas doesn't fall in love with players and think that he has to have them regardless of cost. He is an Ozzie Newsome disciple. I'll bet that he targets players that he'll sign if the price is right, but if their price goes above what he's willing to pay, then he turns to his Plan B or C.

4. NCJetsfan

Glasgow's a good player, but I wouldn't have paid him $11 million a year, either.

TwoHeadedMonster, Attackett and Br4d like this.
  5. NCJetsfan

ROFLMAO!!! SMH

6. Billsfan1212

Billsfan1212 Active Member

I generally really Digg your posts... but this seems like a little sour grapes mixed with PURE speculation. Im not sure why you seem so stuck on the phony thing, but even your own board members have disagreed w you... you seem to litterslly be the only one to see it. You can get on him and say he sucks or whatever, fine. I get it, you're a jets fan. You're supposed to. But phony? The dude got to the nfl the hard way. The kid loves the game, loves to play, and has been more involved in the community and die hard Bills than any of the last 10 bums we trotted out there combined. Id be suprised if he doesnt have a phony bone in his body!

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Nobody wants to give Sam help more than I do, just saying the Jets are not at that "Final Piece for a Super Bowl run" moment yet. It may take a couple more years. The Jets roster was a literal mess. Then it was stripped down and added pieces that have not helped like Bell and Mosley. Hopefully they do more in 2020. Nothing wrong with the Jets sitting back today, it just seems bad since the only move made was for a back-up LT at starter money.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

I have to disagree with this. He was an administrator, NOT a talent evaluator. IMO he would never have been a good GM anywhere.

9. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

The Bills were willing to give all that up for Diggs...and the Texans accepted what for Hopkins?

Is the owner of the Texans dead? Does Bill O'Brien have blackmail pics on him?

NYJalltheway likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

I wouldn't be surprised to see them in cap hell shortly. Granted, they got rid of all their big contract players in exchange for draft picks, but they signed three players to big contracts today.

Br4d likes this.
  11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Best things that happened for the Jets on Monday:

1. Got one day closer to signing Robby Anderson to a sensible contract.

2. Put the NFL and players on notice that they will only deal sensibly.

12. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

This is what I'm hoping. Make them realize we don't need to overpay for trash like we have been. No more Tru Johnson deals. No more extremely inflated Bell deals. Put together a solid team and keep a consistent roster.

zace and chandler like this.
  13. Inigo Montoya

Inigo Montoya Member

Full disclosure; I'm a life long Bills fan. I operate under the same handle on the twobillsdrive message board.

I was expecting more action on the O-Line today to help Darnold. Not sure if Douglas went after some other lineman besides Fant but just couldn't get it done. Still some decent options out there in FA and then there is the Draft. They need to say no to the shiny skill position players and bring in the big boys to keep Darnold on his feet. Darnold is not going to have a legitimate chance to develop unless they can put a reasonable line in front of him. Bills' fans watched Josh Allen get hammered his entire rookie season behind what was almost certainly the worst O-Line in the NFL. The Bills made revamping the O-Line their priority during last year's FA and Draft and it paid dividends. I'd be shocked if the O-Line isn't the Jets #1 focus this year. If it isn't, it would be front office malpractice.

14. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

The league has gone bat____ crazy.

Tannehill $29 million per year?!!

The Giants franchise tag Leo.

The Cowboys use the exclusive franchise tag on Prescott.

The Bills give up the farm for Diggs a okay receiver.

Cousins highest paid player in football (according to PFT) again.

Meanwhile Tom Brady & Robby Anderson are still available.

zace likes this.
  15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Tearing it all down last summer so they could do what they did today was really surprising. They do have some draft picks coming as the result of the tear down but it's not clear to me why they felt they had to get rid of good players last summer so they could add good players at a huge premium this FA season.

It looks like typical Fins hyperactivity of the type that has plagued them for a decade.

It seems like only yesterday they signed the berzerk beast from Detroit alongside a few others and then did nothing relevant until they decided it was time to move on from the Suhclone.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. WarriorRB28

No complaint from me other than PLEASE RE-SIGN ROBBY!!!!

Just because you pay a mediocre player like he's a superstar doesn't make him a superstar I can't believe the cash these other teams are giving these players.

17. WarriorRB28

I'm reading the Jets are one of the teams interested in Clowney.

If they can get him for a somewhat reasonable price he may be worth the risk for the Jets.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Everybody who didn't sign a huge contract today got cheaper tomorrow and will every day they fail to sign.

Getting a Fowler or Clowney in a week's time if it happens is likely to be many millions cheaper than it would have been to sign them today.

19. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

There’s literally no justifying that trade for Buffalo. That was an awful move.

20. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Hope Douglas gets him. That C/G experience gives us flexibility and freedom for draft options. Plus we can save $$ here on 2nd and 3rd tier FA players. The money flying around these first days is amazing.

NCJetsfan likes this.