New York Jets Related Memories

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AJT73, Mar 13, 2020.

1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

It was llike Pee Wee Herman trying to breakdance

AJT73 likes this.
  2. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

That Colts game is still considered legendary today....

3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

"Welcome to the Jets kid......"

AJT73 likes this.
  4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Nothing will beat the game where we throttled Green Bay after everything broke right for us to get in back in 2002. Sitting in the parking lot on the cooler with the TV set up absolutely glued to it. People on their way into the stadium but stopping at our tailgate to catch the end of the games on The TV. I must have been sitting there for what felt like 10 hours. All of a sudden 12 year old me looks up and around and there were a 100 people cheering and watching alongside me. When Vinatieri hit that FG in OT to give the pats the win over Miami and hearing the roar from the stadium all the way to the cooler I was sitting on. What a moment.

AJT73 and mrjet80 like this.
  5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Braylon Edwards dragging 2 Pat defenders into the EZ during the Divisional playoff game. Never yelled so loud in my life.

6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Maybe because the adolescent mind is way more malleable, and therefore indelibly altered more easily, my two strongest memories are:

1. Namath walking off the field in SB III wagging his finger in the air.
    2. The "Heidi Bowl", one of, if not THE, most crushing losses I've ever experienced as a fan.

boozer32 likes this.
  7. mrjet80

Miserable game on tv I can only imagine actually being there ....

stinkyB likes this.
  8. mrjet80

If you were 12 then you wouldn’t remember the 1981 Jets also having to beat Green Bay in the last game at Shea to get into the playoffs for the first time since 1969. They throttled the Packers that day too. It was sunny and freezing cold. The funny thing was the Jets win also allowed the Giants to get into the playoffs for the first time since 1963. When the game clock struck :00 the fans swarmed onto the field ripping down the goal post, mobbing the players. A fan even stole Coach Walt Michaels hat right off his head....lol. I still remember watching that on tv in my living room as a 10 year old.

#28 mrjet80, Mar 14, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
    dawinner127 likes this.
  9. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

was there for that game. Coolest thing about it when the crowd went crazy the players knew. They celebrated for a second then went back to the game. Definitely a top 5 moment

10. DefenseWinsChampionships

My favorite team all time was our 1998 Jets team. I was only 13 years old. Losing @ Denver still hurts. And those 2009/2010 Jets with Hardknocks mixed in between were my best times as a Jets fan. Revis was godly. To beat both Brady/N.E & Manning/Indy on the road was incredible. Thinking about that Pittsburgh Steelers loss disgusts me.

The Dark Knight and boozer32 like this.
  11. mrjet80

That 1998 team was enjoyable and would have won the SB against Atlanta....

boozer32 likes this.
  12. DefenseWinsChampionships

Hell yeah. We battled Elway, TD & Denver. We would've killed Atlanta and their stupid dirty bird dance.

13. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Same here I was 13 and I remember the Jets won that game in a rout 28-3 with Todd throwing two long TD passes that day. Unfortunately I experienced my first Jets heartbreaker a week later in the 81 WC loss to the Bills. Shea was absolutely rocking at the end when everyone thought they were going to complete the comeback. Then Todd throws an INT with seconds remaining. Bill Simpson picked it off at the 2 yard line with 10 seconds remaining.

AJT73 likes this.
  14. mrjet80

They destroyed them in the regular season 28-3.

15. mrjet80

All Todd needed to do was arch his pass a little higher. Gaffney would have made an over the shoulder catch all by himself in the end zone.

16. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Well, we managed just over a page of posts before the heartbreaking losses started to get mentioned again.

17. DefenseWinsChampionships

Well unfortunately as a fan base we haven't experienced a SB victory to gloat about since dating back to the 1968-1969 season with Joe Namath, so what else would you expect; other than heartbreaking memories from then up until now? It's not like this question was posted on a N.E Patriots, Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, San Francisco 49ers, Green Bay Packers and/or our crosstown franchise Giants fan forum(s)...

The best memories I have of my Jets win or lose are of my older brother. From my childhood of watching games in Queens in the basement with him to adults who have wife's and children as of today down here in Florida. We may not see one another from Monday-Saturday but on Sunday's it's me and him. BBQ foods and Jets football. I'm 34. We've maybe missed 5-6 Jet games that we weren't able to catch together. Those are memories I'll cherish forever. Never had a father figure so my older brother has always been my idol I've always looked up to. Man. If anything ever happened to him, I already know I wouldn't be able to ever watch another Jets or Knicks game again, by myself, without my right hand man to high five and yell at the TV together. I want the Jets to win more for him, than myself or Joe Namath lol he's turning 50 so I like to think we still have a lot of time to celebrate one together.

18. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Let’s get back to positive. The dedric ward td catch down the sideline in Buffalo to clinch the afc East.

19. mrmajix

mrmajix Member

My father hated Namath so SB III obviously made me a Jet fan for life. I grew up in Florida so wins over the dolphins seem the most vivid memories. I think it was 81 at Shea, after losing the first 3 games the jets got on a roll and we're playing the fish for 1st place. Todd was doubtful with broken ribs and a bad ankle. Down 12-9 late in the fourth, a goal line stand held Miami to a FG to go up 15-9. With Shula marching up and down the sidelines like Hitler,Todd engineered a fabulous drive with 3 minutes left to go and hit Barkum with 16 seconds left to wn the game 16-15. The crowd was still roaring 20 minutes after the game was over.

20. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Great post. It’s the same with my family. Definitely believe the saying family is football. It’s the way my dad and two brothers get together in the fall. I always get sad in December. The jets losing doesn’t help but I won’t see them every few weeks. It ends up becoming once every other month.