Hall of Famer Thinks Joe Klecko Deserves To Be In

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, Mar 11, 2020.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Should Joe Klecko be in the PFHOF? HOF LT Anthony Munoz, honored by the Maxwell Football Club Friday at the Trop in Atlantic City, said: "There's no question ... I cannot believe that Joe and Kenny Anderson are not in, so those guys I will continue to fight for. I'm very surprised and confused that Joe's not in the Hall of Fame, and I don't see how you can justify being All-Pro at three different positions and having the career he did, and not being in the Hall of Fame."

I get upset every time I hear Anthony Munoz's name. The Jets could have drafted him. We took Lam Jones one spot ahead. I guess his knee injury scared off the Jets.

AJW, CBG, Leicester Jet and 2 others like this.
  2. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

There's no doubt "73" should be in the HoF.

3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Sorry as fan since 1965 I can not count on my fingers & toes how many games he caused us to lose with his constant off sides penalties :mad:

4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

5. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

That's exactly what happened - the Jets were looking at him but their team Dr Nicholas waived him off due to his knee.. Whether or not they would of actually drafted him had he been healthy is debatable. At the time the Jets had a pair of good young OTs ( although Chris Ward the RT was originally a guard I think ). They were looking for a speedster to pair with Wesley Walker hence the trade up for Lam Jones.....

boozer32 likes this.
  6. championjets69

Yes what a player JLJ fast as wind but he could not catch the ball at all just another #1 failure:mad:

7. championjets69

i guess U R another denial of the facts guy. Me thinks U R way to young to have seen JK play so how do U know how good he actually was?:mad:

8. championjets69

Did U ever see JK play?:mad:

9. K'OB

Well I am 48 this year so...
    Also you have heard of the medium "video" and all the highlights and delights you can watch from eras past and present?

You would think a sharp brain like yours would note the name I chose for myself in here and think well I guess this guy must have watched the jets from around 1983 onwards.

That will cover the half the period.

The fact that players, teammates and fans of the game are all amazed he isn't in the HOF by now, also the little matter of being all pro at three positions but no, the site troll that still shortens his words like an infant and puts a fucking dumb angry face at the end of every post knows best.

I also noted the irony of ignoring my own post and as I speak I am reaching for the sledge hammer to kneecap myself.

10. championjets69

So U never saw his play. I cannot tell u the amount the times I left the stadium due to penalties> IMHO Tape & audio does not do it Nothing like going & leaving the stadium depressed because we lost do to him & his penalties. As your handle KOB lets just say he was a disappointment & let it go at that To me the only good players such as JWN. Boozer, Snell Sauer, DM came from 68 team which won SB3 After that glory trip it has all dumpster FB IMHO :mad:

11. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Sauer hung it up early for his body of work was not as long as the others. Who is DM?

12. K'OB

Oh, you meant "live" well of course as an 11/12yo I wasn't able to whiz over to NY on Concorde for the Sunday night games and be back in time for school, crazy as that may seem.

The guy was just plain awful, he had to be to get to be all pro at two positions, and pro bowl at another, I mean, only real shit players could manage that kind of feat.

As for having no good players since 1968, with that statement you only make yourself look the fool.

Everybody on this board bar you would snap their hand off for a player that talented to be playing today.

I take it you threw in a little dig at O'Brien as well, again another player we could have done with any time in the last 20 years, the man put up 24k yards in his career.

13. mrjet80

Don Maynard....

14. championjets69

U have to learn that stats mean nothing only winning SBs do which was not the case with KOB I remember 1 game they were inside they were on the 5 & a QB sneak was called & KOB saw he was going to be hit so he flopped down on the ground just like a pussy instead of trying to plow into the EZ that was so ugh the fans booed him you should save your worship of players to real icons like JWN or maybe Don Maynard after the SB winning team was broken up the NYJs played garbage FB from then to today. Geez get smart & stop being just another silly fan who cannot see the forest from the trees IMHO:mad:

15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

This is old news. These guys have been saying this for years and it hasn’t mattered. It’s over, Joes never getting in because this year was his chance with the one year rule changes. I am not reading or talking about it ever again. I give up. I’ll live. But I’ll never ever visit the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Fuck it

AJW and K'OB like this.
  16. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

Not sure how you can have Boozer as your avatar, but do not know who DM is.

17. K'OB

Oh just f*ck off you boring man, what do you actually get out of life?

Marino never won a ring either so by your rational he must have been a shit QB as well, you just keep typing crap, log out and enjoy the rest of your life.

You know I remember this one game I was watching as a young lad and well here it is...

Life is to short to keep dealing with depressing cretins on your level.

18. mrjet80

That KOB play you’re referring to was against Miami in 89. His scrambled and his foot was actually in the end zone when he ducked to avoid a hit from Louis Oliver. He didn’t flop on the ground though if he did it was after he was hit. The ball wasn’t in the EZ and therefore no touchdown and the Jets lost. KOB took a lot of heat for that but in fairness I remember several times him getting in the face of several opposing linemen including Steve McMichael on MNF and shoving the football in Keith McCants face after he thought he was hit late. KOB was a tough guy overall his body took a lot of punishment over the years....

Skicats likes this.
  19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Does someone have a still of the shot of Marty Lyons holding Wesley Walker aloft in the end zone? I’m thinking I need a fresh avatar.

Always nice to remember when we had a functioning offense and uniforms that looked great.

jetophile, boozer32 and Skicats like this.
  20. DefenseWinsChampionships

He knows who Don Maynard is, I've seen him post about him before. He probably just didn't realize the initials of "DM". But yes, he knows who Don Maynard is; as we all do...

For example who is NM and AC? Bet you can't get them correct just off of that lol

boozer32 likes this.