Per PFT - jets told robby they want him back

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Jan 30, 2020.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

It's true though because not only has Sam Darnold had to run for his life behind makeshift offensive line(s) with no time to settle into the pocket in order to scan the field but he missed Robby Anderson (wide open with defenders beat deep) a good 5-6 times last season with over and under throws; Robby Anderson could've and would've easily put up over 1k yards.

In 2017 had 941 receiving yards and is easily a 1,000+ yard WR per season with a QB who has time behind an O-Line.

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The point is Sam is not why Robby's production is low. It was a bad o-line, poor play calling, lack of weapons to draw coverage off of him, and up and down play from Robby himself. Sam is why Robby has as much production as he has the last 2 years in a positive way. Sam missed 6 games, so Robby played 3 with McCown and 3 with Falk/Seimian. Wording it like that is ridiculous to me.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  3. DefenseWinsChampionships

I love Sam Darnold and am so happy we have a QB to build our team around for many of years to come, my favorite Jets QB since a younger Chad Pennington but you can not say that Sam is the reason why Robby has put up decent numbers, when in 2017 with a career loser in McCown, Robby was able to put up over 900 yards receiving.

One thing about Sam is that he needs to improve his accuracy deep down the field. I don't ever expect him to become Mahomes or Rodgers, doesn't have that type of arm strength (although does have a strong arm) but once he improved his deep accuracy he'll become a lot more deadly (thankfully just a young kid still developing and progressing). Sam missed Robby deep and open a lot last year. But as you stated an offensive line for protection will help Darnold in more ways than one.

4. Doreblade

Doreblade Active Member

Do you think that if a decent OL gave Sam just another second in the pocket to set then he may just make those connections....just surmising...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

5. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

A bit like on here then but without the pay :D:D:D:D

The Dark Knight likes this.
  6. DefenseWinsChampionships

That's all I talk about is giving Sam Darnold an O-Line and we'll see how great of a WR Robby Anderson is once a TALENTED QB has enough time to find his developing routes.

I love Sam.
    And want to keep Robby Anderson.

But there were a couple of times this past season where Robby beat his man one on one, blew past the cover two safety and had a good 2-3 yards of distance and Sam Darnold, with time in the pocket, simply over threw him and/or under threw Robby for incompletions in which could've been 40+ yard gains if not TD's. That was with Sam Darnold having time in the pocket on some of those overthrows.

I love Sam Darnold and I know 100% he's going to become a great QB once provided an O-Line and he's still really young, improving, progressing and learning but I won't sit here and act as if he doesn't need to improve his deep accuracy as a young QB.

But yes, I agree, we could be looking at an All-Pro moving forward with an O-Line and his completion percentage (already over 60% for career) will sky rocket.

#426 DefenseWinsChampionships, Mar 10, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
    Doreblade likes this.
  7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I'm still 50/50 but now leaning towards wanting Robby back. On the show he said he had "Unfinished Business" with the Jets and that honestly pumped me up! :cool:

Imagesrdecieving and K'OB like this.
  8. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yesss!!!!!!!

I hope this is true because I couldn't care less what any fan has to say, Robby Anderson is one of the best deep threat WR's this franchise and fan base has ever seen. Worked his way from a no-named who was overlooked during the draft into one of the best Free Agent WR's on the market who's respected as one of the NFL's most dangerous deep threat WR's within the game today. And still young, developing and getting better too.

I'd rather Sam Darnold have Robby Anderson rather than QB's such as Mahomes, Rodgers, Prescott, Wislon etc getting their hands on Anderson or even Josh Allen of the Bills (with his arm would be scary) or Lamar Jackson would be scary too.

9. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Even if Robby is back if the Jets were smart they would still draft 2 WRs. This being such a deep class. Enunwa is gonna have to be replaced and depth is needed. That way they have a nice supply of WRs coming up the pike.....imagine Robby, Crowder, and two WRs from this class ?

The Dark Knight and FJF like this.
  10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

"Tellin' it like it is." - HW Cosell

Will that change? We shall find out. Game planning may have a lot to do with it too.

11. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Swap that M for an S and it would still be right :)

J-Raw24 and The Dark Knight like this.
  12. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I'm reading that Robby dreamed about playing with Brady last night.

LOL

If only the dream had turned into a nightmare when a franchise tag appeared out of nowhere.

*sigh*