Quinnen Williams being declared a bust already is nonsensical

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

One minor distinction - if they are indeed "rights" they don't need to be earned, everyone has them, "God-given" or otherwise.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  2. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I have known the firearms laws since I was old enough to carry and followed them. I don't know how Alabama permits work but have held a permits in several states. When you apply they give you the gun laws. Some states even make you take a course, especially if it's your first time having a permit since 2001 those laws have increased. But also the education required for getting permits most places has as well. There is no excuse for carrying a firearm into an airport. If he is old enough to carry, and has a permit he should know the laws

3. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Agreed. But as with most "rights" education is required. Fact is most the neccessary education was given to this young man and he didn't uphold his end of the responsibility.

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I'm not sure "secondary" is the right word if getting prosecuted by the feds could get him ten years in the can and up to $25,000 in fines. No indication as of now that is the case.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I mean I get it. They're more sheltered. But this isn't the 1970's where he doesn't have access to the internet and media and what not. He grew up in the era of mass shootings at schools. He should be well aware that guns are a controversial issue.

He could've very easily Googled 'guns on airplanes' before departing for his flight and found all the answers he was looking for. Or even maybe a couple warnings saying hey maybe don't do this...

6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

When I flew, I Googled whether my nail clippers were okay to carry on.

7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Well yea that's why I said "Don't get me wrong, he's an idiot for not checking the laws first" a page ago.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I haven't flown anywhere in more than a decade now.

Got pulled out and basically strip-searched (take off your shoes, loosen your belt, unbutton your shirt, etc) in front of a crowd of gawkers in 2005.

I was in the back row of the airplane (good for safety, lousy for comfort) and the guy in front of me reclined his seat. The lady across the aisle was coughing and sneezing the whole flight and threw up in the aisle on the way back from the rest room giving me the wonderful odors of fecal material and puke for the last half of the trip.

I took all of the above as a sign that the terrorists had won and decided to drive from then on unless just impossible to do. 15 years so far and it has always been very possible.

9. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

its just ridiculous....I dont think fatso will do jail time though....but he might

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

So that was you pushing that reclined seat :eek:

Ralebird, HomeoftheJets and Jake like this.
  11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Now its reported apparently Q. Williams did not have ammunition?

FJF likes this.
  12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

really sounds like an innocent yet ignorant mistake on Q’s part. As a gun owner he should know better , probably looking at a slap on the wrist and possibly losing his permit in Alabama.

13. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I got Batista Bombed for bringing 3.5 oz of liquid through security. Dude legit did it from the top of the cage.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  14. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

The Jets issued a statement on Williams' arrest Friday morning:

"We have been in contact with Quinnen Williams and are fully aware of the situation. We will have no additional comment as this is a pending legal matter," the statement read

Translation.. hey you fat mofo were you asleep in the class where we told you NO hand guns and handed out your "I'm too drunk to drive card so come get me".

This guy makes Forrest Gump look like a genius. I don't even think Bubba would be so dumb.

Who is the last DL they've drafted that actually worked out for them without off-field issues or on-field "I'm lazy as shit" issues? I went back a ways and the only one I saw without issues that got decent playing time was Sione Pouha. Aside from him the only one I can think of in the last 15 years or so is Mike DeVito who was undrafted.

Pathetic...

15. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Seems like NYC has a kindof cottage industry of arresting out of state travelers for transporting guns within the city and through NYC airports. Even if the travelers contact the TSA and follow TSA rules for transport. Yes, they should know not to bring their guns to NYC. But I can see how Quinnen may have thought he was following the rules and got tripped up anyway. Seems more plausable than just being a thug dumbass which Quinnen never seemed to be. Interesting vid:

TonyFtLaud and FJF like this.
  16. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

They should've just said they illegally breached the United States border, New York would've moved heaven and earth to protect them

Sec124DieHard and PulseJet like this.
  17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Well, the good news is, if he lands in jail or is suspended, it's not like they can't make up for the lost "hidden production".

The bad news is that we're looking at DT for pick #11.

This pick by Macc just keeps getting worse and worse.

Since1969 likes this.
  18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

He’s not going to jail, may not even get suspended. There’s precedent for this, linebacker for the bucs was arrested for the same thing about 7 years ago. No jail, some community service and a fine. Wouldn’t be surprised if he gets an ACD being it’s his first offense and nothing malicious.

19. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

We are not considering DT at #11. Nonsense. Get this fat bastage back into camp and work his ass off.

20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Q could retire from football, and DT still wouldn't be on our priority list.