Quinnen Williams being declared a bust already is nonsensical

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Holy mother of stupid.

K'OB likes this.
  2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Twitter Jets DT Quinnen Williams was arrested at approximately 9:15 tonight while attempting to board a flight at LaGuardia, per Port Authority Police. He was charged with criminal possession of a weapon (permit is for Alabama). He was processed by PA Police. #Jets

3. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Toothpaste
    Underwear
    Razor
    T-shirts
    iPhone charger
    Glock
    Dress shirt
    Suit
    Pants

4. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

If Twitter is correct how the heck did he get thru security to even attempt to get aboard the plane with the gun :mad:

J-Raw24 likes this.
  5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

they make 'em special in...
    [​IMG]

6. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Well Wyoming permits are useful in 36 states. If you live in one of those 36 states you can apply for a Wyoming permit without having residency there. So as I live in Indiana it was good option for me and has been since my Army days. One time on a trip west I had to go through Illinois which does not honor Wyoming permits I learned if you call before entering the state they will meet you at the first police station check your firearms give you a time to drive through the state then meet you at the last police station and check them again. It wasn't much of an inconvenience and worked out well for me. That said with New York's gun laws I wouldn't attempt to carry there without permit. I would also never go to an airport with a firearm.

Jonathan_Vilma, dawinner127 and FJF like this.
  7. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

jets gonna jet

8. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Just a couple of things:

1. Given how NFL players like to carry guns and the fact that New York and New Jersey are not exactly gun-friendly states, I can't believe the Jets don't educate their players on gun matters. Doesn't the team let these guys know that in New Jersey or New York, their out-of-state carry permit is good only for wiping their ass?

2. I don't like the odds of this guy avoiding jail.This case has already gotten a lot of public attention. No DA or prosecutor wants to be in the position of giving someone an undeserved break simply because he's an athlete. That's how DAs and prosecutors get crucified. Remember how that New Jersey prosecutor got clobbered for putting Ray Rice in a pretrial-diversion program? That, by the way, was a good call but the prosecutor still got reamed because people thought he cut Rice slack because he was an athlete.

3. I wonder how long a suspension Goodell will impose under the personal-conduct policy.

4. This guy can hire Clarence Darrow or Perry Mason to represent him, but there's not much any defense attorney can do with a case like this. This guy possessed a real gun, at an airport, without a carry permit valid in New York. There aren't too many rabbits a defense attorney can pull out of his hat in a case like this.

#68 Since1969, Mar 6, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
    jilozzo likes this.
  9. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

With the 11th pick of the 2020 NFL Draft, the New York Jets select DT Derrick Brown, University of Auburn.
    “An awesome pick for the Jets! Brown, whose probably the 3rd best player in the draft fell on their lap!”

Honestly they will remain to draft a OL or WR with the first couple of picks regardless of what happens to Q.

#69 MDJets, Mar 6, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
  10. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Except he was arrested before he got on the plane!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

FJF likes this.
  11. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Was it in his checked bags or was he carrying with him?

Regardless, what a potato. No wonder his production was invisible...

Edit: The way they vaguely word the article(s) make it seem like he was stopped at the jet bridge literally about to walk into the plane which alludes to failures everywhere else...TSA.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Ignorance is no excuse

13. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Definitely.

I remember when I was in court fighting a bullshit ticket, my lawyer was there with a client that was arrested for illegal firearm possession. They brought a gun from PA into NJ and was arrested because it broke a law, despite following every PA law.

There's so many different laws and regulations with firearms state by state so I could see a simple oversight, but bringing a Glock to LaGuardia is just ridiculous.

FJF and jilozzo like this.
  14. J-Raw24

Well when I got my permit I also got documents with them about laws etc. In there it tells what states it is ok to carry in. Also has safety instructions and other important information. Makes me wonder about this kids intelligence.

jilozzo and NYJFOREVER like this.
  15. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

If I'm the Jets, I would make damn sure these guys understand New Jersey/New York gun laws. I wouldn't rely on the issuing state telling the player where he can and cannot carry Also, don't forget that New Jersey and New York outlaw certain types of firearms that are legal in other states, like Alabama, so the Jets should make sure players know what kinds of firearms they can't possess even in their homes in New Jersey or New York. Of course, you can't fix stupid, and if this guy is too dumb to pay attention, there's not much the Jets could do.

jilozzo likes this.
  16. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Check the wonderlic!

FinnishJET, stinkyB and J-Raw24 like this.
  17. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Not sure if this applies here, especially given NYCs gun laws, but when one of my good friends (who was a roommate at the time... and a native Floridian good ole boy with plenty of guns) moved from FL - HI, I remember him filling out a form with the airline, and a requirement was that they were unloaded and CHECKED in a gun speciffic case. Granted this was a long time ago and FL & HI have some of the more lax gun laws....

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  18. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I thought the second amendment guaranteed every nitwit's right to be a complete idiot.

19. J-Raw24

I'm not going to dignify this with an answer. I have earned my rights protecting this country. Those of us that follow the law and go out of our way to protect those laws shouldn't be judged by the actions of others who don't and haven't.

20. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

What bothers me is how many times this stuff happens to Jets players. I'm beginning to think this is a way for players to get themselves off a dysfunctional franchise. Don't like playing for the Jets? Bring a gun to the airport; or drive 140 MPH with a child in the back seat; or drive the wrong way through the Lincoln Tunnel; or.........well, you get the idea.

ColoradoContrails and Since1969 like this.