2019-2020 New York Islanders thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by CBG, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I don't know about that. Parise waived his NTC because he wants to play for the Isles. But the Isles/Wild couldn't reach a deal for the TDL. Pageau was thrilled to come here and signed an extension after he was traded. I think Lou/Barry have changed the perception of this organization which is no longer a clown show under Wang.

Red Menace likes this.
  2. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

another pathetic performance today.... once again no offense

3. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Not surprised. As much as we wanted them to win the B's are on much higher level than the Isles. The good news is we have two very winnable games coming up. Tuesday vs Montreal and Thursday at Ottawa. No excuses they need 4 points this week.

JetBlue likes this.
  4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Didn’t bother wasting my time on this game.

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

This team does not have the horses and IMO soon enough they will be on the outside of the playoff picture looking in and that might not be a bad thing as I really don't think they can make any noise as they are currently constructed. Last years Carolina series still very fresh in my mind and I could easily see a repeat or worse a 1st round ousting.They struggle to score goals, the power play is anemic and the Goal tending is been avg and again IMO a lot less consistent than last year when it carried them. The addition of Pageau was a good start but this team and Barry need much more to work with he cant teach guys who cant score goals how to score

Red Menace likes this.
  6. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

While the Isles certainly have their weaknesses, this week provides a great opportunity to grab 6 points. This week's schedule is
    Tue - Montreal
    Thurs - at Ottawa
    Sat - Carolina

They will be favored to win all three games. Will they? Who knows as this team struggles even in wins on most nights. Still this is the week to separate from the other teams competing for a playoff spot. If things go well the Isles will be in a good spot standings wise by next weekend.

CBG likes this.
  7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Greg you are an optimist as I think we have a better chance of being farther out of the race by next week rather than in better position.

Red Menace likes this.
  8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Confidence is NOT high heading into tonight

Red Menace likes this.
  9. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Well, losing 3-0 after 1st period against Montreal... this team is as good as D-O-N-E

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Turn out the lites the parties over,,,,,,,,this team looks done. They cannot score and too often lately they pull no shows especially on offense.I have zero clue why Trotz keeps running out the same lineup as Uncle leo and Dal Colle and pick anyone else should not be in the lineup-----Ladd and Bellows and company could NOT do worse although maybe they could

11. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

No more optimism from me. Tonight was the final straw. Blow it up and rebuild. Honestly I am not so sure Lou should be doing the rebuilding either.

JetBlue, Petrozza and CBG like this.
  12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Greg they do nothing well and do not play Trotz system , they are sloppy and can't score goals its painful for any of us to watch. I am not sure that Lou is the guy either but man he came into a horrible situation and at least he tried to do things at the deadline but maybe its time for some one else but I dont think ownership will pull the trigger yet they will give him the summer just my opinion

13. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

It’s over, put a fork in this team. Lou should have signed Lehner last year, the chemistry was much better with him in net.

This team has given up, i knew Scotty Mayfield was not the answer as a defenseman, I saw him play in Bridgeport for years and never felt like he was a legit NHL defenseman.

As far as the rest of the forwards, unfortunately we all knew what we had but Lou did not, his patient approach and the Garth Snow history of bad drafts and bad contracts have caught up with this team.

It was fun while it lasted, this team needs to be blown up.

CBG likes this.
  14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Very hard to blow it up when the gave out stupid contracts last summer as IMO that was the time to blow it up.

JetBlue likes this.
  15. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Have tickets to the game on Saturday and not really looking forward to it - why expect anything other than a big fat L?

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Say a prayer for Boychuk that looked horrific

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

any word on Johnny B ?

18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

any update on Johnny B , I have looked and seen nothing

19. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

20. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Glad he's ok, very scary like when Marc Staal got hit in the eye with a slapshot

CBG likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.