Per PFT - jets told robby they want him back

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Jan 30, 2020.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Released or they’re not picking up his 2021 option?
    I thought it was the latter

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Yeah not picking up the option to clarify that further.

3. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Are the Jets this stupid, this incompetent?

Re-signing Robby Anderson is such a easy call to make. If they let him walk away they have NO ONE on this offense that scares a defense in a bad year for WR in free agency if they lose him they'll be stuck trying to sign probably overpay the dregs from other teams. A rookie WR isn't coming in and doing what Robby can right away.

They have a young QB going into year three they hope can make the jump to stardom + young best/most dangerous WR/offensive player = this is simple math.

Losing Robby now would be a unmitigated disaster a terrible TERRIBLE setback in this so called 'rebuild' and Darnold's development.

IF they don't want to pay up then tag & trade him you don't just let this player walk away for nothing. He's the top player at his position going into free agency. Even if Cooper does hit the open market Robby is the #1 guy available JMO.

Even Bradway the moron who completely botched the 2003 offseason got a #1 pick for Coles. How is allowing this player to simply walk away even a option?

This is starting to feel hopeless to me IMO Robby is currently the Jets second best player/most dangerous player after Adams. He's a guy the other team has to account for on every play.

If they're stupid enough to let Robby go they're stupid enough to let Adams go.

#263 WarriorRB28, Feb 22, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    Jersey Joe 67 likes this.
  4. WarriorRB28

Now they dont know if they want to pay up.

But when it's other teams washed up, mediocre players they pay a king's ransom for those.

Guys who have been here since day 1, busting their @sses, exceeding expectations those guys they have to think long & hard about paying.

A well run organization.:rolleyes:

Jersey Joe 67 likes this.
  5. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

did you just say Robby is better than Cooper?

Leicester Jet, Jets69 and apjbfc like this.
  6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

don’t feed the troll

NYJFOREVER, Jets69, FJF and 1 other person like this.
  7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

As we get close to Free Agency, I remain 50/50 on Robby. Gut feeling says he is gone though. I'm sure he loves playing with Sam, but he can likely make more elsewhere and fall into a better situation where he is not the #1 target. If so, you can't blame him.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. WarriorRB28

Robby is a #1 wr.

He's been the Jets #1 wr for several seasons now. He's faced the other team's top CB for several seasons now.

Do you really think he's going to get paid what he's going to get paid because the other team views him as a 2?

He'll be the #1 on his new team too if the Jets are stupid enough to let him get away.

9. WarriorRB28

I'd rather pay Robby.

I view Cooper as a guy that has possibly already hit his ceiling even though he's still very young. If Dallas lets him hit the open market he'll be on his third team before he's 26. To me that's a red flag.

Robby the best could be ahead for him if he doesn't only chase the dollars and looks for a situation with a QB that could consistantly get him the ball.

10. WarriorRB28

How many players in franchise history have been able to do this?

Robby is one of the fastest receivers the Jets have EVER had. He's been doing it since day 1 here I remember him catching a bomb in his first preseason game he didn't stop he kept on making plays. 6'1.

How could they just let him walk away? Get nothing in return?

If that happens I'm supposed to believe this guy Douglas has a clue about what he's doing?

11. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

He certainly has the talent and the speed but he hasn’t been consistent. You can blame part of that on the lack of continuity at QB.

In the real world Anderson would be a nice #2 WR ( a great find as a UDFA ) and would sign a contract as such. Of course we’re not talking real world with the NFL. There’s a team out there who sees that blinding speed, will ignore his off the field concerns, and outspend every other team to bring him in. And he will gladly take the money as any other player would.

I think JD’s priorities at this point are the trenches.

It’s unfortunate for the Jets because I do see the need for continuity for SD.

#271 mrjet80, Feb 22, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    94Abraham and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yes, a Super Bowl caliber team would add Robby to be a final piece to the puzzle. Not a #1 target. My post was pretty simple to understand. If that situation opens up to him, you can't blame him for accepting it.

And Robby has definitely been the Jets #1 WR for the last few years, but that does not mean he would be #1 elsewhere.

94Abraham, mrjet80 and CotcheryFan like this.
  13. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

You’re most likely correct. However Robby is going to whoever offers the most money. The Jets have told him they want him back. That’s all they can really do at this point.....they can’t offer him the moon with all of the current roster holes.

A situation like this comes down to a player deciding between staying with his current team or changing teams to follow the money. In most cases if a player is comfortable in his current environment he will stay for a little less - not much less. Therefore the Jets would be smart to offer maybe a little more than market value ( but not much ) and see what he says. If he’s going to follow the money he’s going to follow the money anyway. The Jets simply can’t afford to offer a crazy contract - not at this point anyway and JD won’t.

14. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Just imagine if he didnt spend the first 3 years being an absolutly idiot that could have landed a suspension at any time.

Would if had his deal last year.

The man is not a game changing WR and has not put up 1000 yards yet. If he can get 14+ somewhere, then fair play.

You dont pay top end money for a b+ player

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

chandler and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

How many times is this crap going to be spun out?
    How can anybody that claims to be a Jets fan not understand how he hasn't had a 1000 yard season, do they not watch games or see what has happened at QB and the play-calling?
    Also, when did he become an arsehole for a third year, going to be generous and let you have the first two because I really can't be bothered to argue the toss once again about the fact he actually wasn't charged for pushing the racist cop and most definitely didn't say I'll nut in your wife's eye to a cop, oh damn you dragged it out of me again, fuck!!!

NYJFOREVER and Ralebird like this.
  16. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Because he hasnt had a 1000 yard season. Thats it. Cant argue anything else.

If tyler boyd, john brown, micheal gallup, darren waller, allen robinson and dj chark all did it this year. All those players did it. Robbie cant pass 1600 in two years with sam.

Robbie has got better this year, especially with his toughness, but you dont pay average replaceable players top end money.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

17. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

Sam missed major portions of these past two seasons.

His replacement in each instance was absolutely horrible.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

true, and that's why they should save enough money to sign a decent backup QB for once.

But when it comes to Robby Anderson, this excuse says it all. He wants to be a $14 million wide receiver. A receiver compensated at that level should make the QB better, he should be the answer to this excuse.

Sam Darnold got mono or the coronavirus for 3 weeks and the offense wasn't atrocious because at least Robby Anderson was out there keeping the team competitive. THAT should be the story of the 14 million wide out.

19. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

The Bengals have a receiver who is many, many times better then Robby & the rumor is he will hit FA. If he now healthy he is would be the solution to the Robbie question :mad:

20. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I'm sorry but this is just waffle.

Now you are bringing toughness into the mix, he hasn't got a 1000 yard season because Mccown got injured and left him high and dry on 941 with Bryce Petty not being allowed to do anything but pitty pat passes and unsuccessfully at that.

The next two seasons he has had 752, 779 and again without his main QB for how many games, factor in Master Bates ignored the long ball until he was desperate and pretty much again the same with Gase.

So instead of this negative shit, you could very well be lauding the fact this average WR has despite everything in his way still put up decent figures.

I would say nobody wants to pay him top-end money but one person on here does, normal people see him at 12m and we would be good with that but the people like yourself who just lambast him and let's face it, there is no good reason to do so, as he has given us good value for money from his lofty position of UDFA, if only our fucking draft picks gave as good a return but according to you and a couple of others he isn't worth the shit on your shoe and that is what keeps people like me posting in his defence.