Things are going well

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NFLDayspast, Feb 14, 2020.

1. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Just knowing Mike MacCagnan is gone has to give any jets fan a sense of optimism.

boozer32 and Jake like this.
  2. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I'll answer for him.

Nope. He's not.

You're welcome, Warrior. :)

3. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

What does that mean?

Do I think he's worth OBJ money? No I don't but he deserves to get paid.

This guy worked his way up from a undrafted free agent to become our best wide receiver, IMO the second best/most dangerous player on the team at this time and likely the top free agent WR in 2020. Pay him!

But the Jets have a track record of doing stupid things. They paid bums like Trumaine Johnson, Leonard Williams $14.2 million last season, CJ Mosley gave 'em three quarters before going on IR vacation for 2019 I can go on and on now they want to be fiscally responsible by not paying Robby(?).

Frickin' morons.

There is still time so I'm still hoping but as I said before the reports coming out aren't very encouraging.

boozer32 likes this.
  4. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Say it isn't so! Well, I'm sure it work out for them this time.

5. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

i suggest everyone go watch the jet games from 2009 and 2010 (including the playoffs) and compare to what we have watched more recently, especially the last 3-4 years.

night and day. shows you how far we have to go.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

It's too soon to send Gase to the curb. You guys are like highschool kids: "The food here is TERRIBLE and the don't give us enough of it".

You really can't admit our team is void of talent and then demand we fire our FIRST YEAR HC who was handed team with a near-rookie QB, no (none, nada, zero) talent on the o-line, and two players that were big contributors last season out for the season (Herndon and Enunwa).

Gase may very well be trash. But there's no way to know that just yet. Gase DID win 7 games after installing a brand new offense on one of the worst offenses in the league. If Gase was a HC you loved, and he managed 7 wins with THIS roster, you'd be thrilled.

7. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Agree with most of the post, I am optimistic also. I was pretty excited about the potential of Gase coming into the season, and afterwards I have more skepticism than I did last year. However I think the ceiling for Gase can be REALLY high, but there are so many question marks that its insanely bold to call him a future HOF'er at this point. I do think he has that potential though, as crazy as that may sound to some.

Footballgod214 and Jets_Grinch like this.
  8. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

In 4 seasons (all similar) Robby has averaged about 50 catches, about 750 yards and 5 TDS.

Hardly anything to write home about. Robby would be a nice luxury with a team that has a couple of top level receivers and a TE, While I am optimistic about Griffin, the Jets should spend their money elsewhere.

Robby will never be a #1 or #2 receiver on a good team.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  9. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

no

10. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

you had me till you said we are set at head coach the further could not be true. For an offensive guru his offenses have trended towards the bottom of the league the last 4 yrs. So i you are an offensive coach that is nothing to hang your hat on

11. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Is that you Mr Gase?

On a serious note, while I agree that Darnold (and Adams)are good building blocks for rebuilding however the team has had too many misses in the last two draft to have any impact in contending For playoffs. The team is still 2 years away, providing that as some here already stated we have a monster draft this April. The team lacks depth and roster at the moment. Glad you have very high optimism (and I am somewhat optimistic) but until we see some moves and progress, I think it’s too early to say “All is well”

CotcheryFan likes this.
  12. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Out of order is an understatement. They let the sucky GM run the draft and then fire him.

tomdeb likes this.
  13. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Gase needs to stop being a dick and start being a leader. He makes excuses like there were a lot injuries, yet Gregg Williams has a top 10 defense full of backup talent playing well. The pettiness about stuff like not wanting Bell here or seemingly pulling the plug on anyone that gives him difficulty to implement his genius "system" is weaksauce. The most damning thing to me is Darnold had to come to his office midseason to tell him what he is good at. How did Gase not know what Darnold was good at? This is supposedly the QB whisperer! If Gase continues to act like this then we will never see his "football genius" ever come into fruition because he doesnt know how to deal with players.

14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Gase seems VERY insecure and every thing, evey play, every player must be HIS way or the highway. And the way Gase won't speak to the players is weird.

Ralebird likes this.
  15. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

For all who missed it Gase said last summer that he had moola & really did not need the job & the 2 J & J clowns allowed him to get away with that statement which shows where his mind set is :mad: