Jeudy or Lamb? (Poll)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Feb 13, 2020.

?

Who?

Poll closed Sep 13, 2020.
  1. Jeudy

60.9%
  2. Lamb

39.1%
  1. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I voted Jeudy. I won't be surprised if both are gone by the time we pick. I'm hoping if one or both are there, we make a move to get one. Although OL is the more pressing need, I'm hopeful we can address in FA and rounds 2-7 in the draft.

2. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

He will be a combine freak and he has the game tape to back it up.

3. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I like Lamb more. I think he has a slightly higher ceiling and is a freaks athlete. He's great at 50/50 balls and making something out of nothing, which I personally think darnold needs. Jeudy is more refined and his routes are amazing. Happy with either, though our o line is need. Thing is if they are both available the 2 teams directly after us want them. Make you wonder if the colts will give up anything to secure the one they want.

Br4d and almbleamal like this.
  4. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

^ he didn't run a great route and it wasn't a great throw. He made 5 guys miss for a 60 yard gain on a three yard pass. You can't teach that.[/QUOTE]

while I like both players and cannot determine one a better fit than the other but there’s a big difference in College players missing tackles vs what they see in NFL. While he has talent, we’ ll see what he can do in NFL

5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I'm all aboard the Jeudy train. When Cooper came out, they were saying his route running was unprecedented and the best they've seen in years. Now they're saying Jeudy is a better route runner than him? Sign me up. I want Jeudy over all the tackles in the draft. Can address OL in FA + every other pick we own. Idc. Jeudy is the real deal.

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I wish I could be in this same thought but it’s hard to get a left tackle outside the first round.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I guess I just want the sure thing. If we take a tackle and whiff forget about it. We already lack serious talent on this team, imagine us with an Ereck (that was so weird typing his name like that considering my name is Eric) Flowers type player now in the first round? We can't afford it.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Man it really depends for me.

I wouldn’t take Wirfs or Becton over Jeudy or Lamb. I’m not buying this Andrew Thomas slide either. If the Jets can land Jeudy or Lamb at 11, then take Jackson or Prince Tega at 48 I’m happy.

But in all honesty, its tough to say who I truly think the best pick will be for this team because FA hasn’t happened yet. If the Jets go out and sign Cooper then I’m not taking Jeudy or Lamb at 11 and I’d take Wirfs or Becton.

almbleamal and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. FJF

I would rank them as
    Becton
    Wirfs
    Jeudy
    Thomas
    Wills
    Lamb.
    But I’d have a very hard time taking jeudy over Thomas.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Good discussion, guys! I'm torn as well. The Jets haven't had a great offensive playmaker since Al Toon (I may have forgotten someone, but I don't count Bell in his present state, Curtis Martin, Eric Decker, Brandon Marshall or Braylon Edwards as great, but rather good or very good). A great playmaker like Jeudy or Lamb would make our offense much more dangerous, would lead to more points, and cause opposing DCs sleepless nights.

OTOH, we can't afford to get Sam hurt, or even have him continually on the run for his life. In that scenario a Jeudy or Lamb would be much less effective. The key would be either signing Costanzo in FA and getting lucky that his level of play remains steady for 2-3 more years, and then the Jets being able to find a great LT prospect in the draft or in being lucky enough that Tega-Wanogho or Jackson are still there at pick #48 and that either would develop into a top LT in the NFL. Of course, there are no guarantees that any of those things would happen. There is also no guarantee that Thomas, Wirfs, Becton or Wills will prove to be a top LT in the NFL, either. I think the truth is that we don't have to have one of the 3 best LTs in the NFL or one of the 3 best WRs in the NFL. If we get the opportunity, we may be better off keeping Beacham at LT for another season or two, trading down, adding several additional high picks, and adding a couple of OTs and WRs in the draft.

That said, with all things being equal, if all 6 of those players prove to be topnotch NFL players, I think I'd rather have the sure thing at LT than at WR. Sam is our most important player, and if we lose him, we have nothing. We have to keep him healthy and upright, and give him every opportunity to succeed. If Becton or Thomas are there at #11, I think I'd take him. Period. Even though I love Wirfs's athleticism and mobility, since some say that he is a RT or maybe even an OG and may not be able to handle LT (and OG and RT are less important than LT) and Wills, I'm less certain. If Jeudy and/or Lamb are there at #11 and one of Wirfs or Wills are there also, at this point I'd probably opt for Jeudy/Lamb over Wirfs/Wills, but by the draft, could go with Wirfs/Wills.

Brook! likes this.
  11. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

12. FJF

NYJFOREVER and NCJetsfan like this.
  13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

love this thread. Personally, we would be in a phenomenal position if one of those WR and a left tackle are there at 11. We cant miss. Lamb seems to have the edge on contested balls over Jeudy which is one of our major weakness, and presumably they are both great rout runners. But seeing how JD is big on OL first, I doubt he goes WR unless he feels the remaining OT is not meritorious of a first round early pick. It is an exciting time for us, commencing with free agency.

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

15. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I've been seeing many mocks where the Jets pass on Thomas, I just don't see it.

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think both receivers will have long, successful careers.

Leicester Jet likes this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He did have more help than Lamb did. But that doesn't take away from his route running skills.

I hope we take a long look at Ruggs and say our prayers that he drops to the second round. Unfortunately I think his forty time will be really good so he may shoot up draft boards. He's dynamic.

18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Are you saying they won't be on the Jets?:p

Noam and NCJetsfan like this.
  19. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I can't see any way that Ruggs will fall out of the 1st Round and come the combine he may well start to climb into the top half of the 1st.

I can't wait to see him run the 40 at the combine, it could be very special.

CotcheryFan and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  20. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Jeudy is a stud and has proven to be at the highest level vs SEC DB's. His route running is absurd. Lamb has beat up on big 12 defenses and for all we know, he may not be a sure thing.