2019-2020 New York Islanders thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by CBG, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Problem is a few of them have big contracts but I agree JB sell sell sell as this team as currently constructed is going nowhere but home come playoff time

2. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I wouldn't give the Rangers a lot unless Kreider agrees to an extension. I doubt this happens but its nice to see Lou is actively looking to improve the offense. I think he will make a deal and get someone but I doubt its this player.

CBG likes this.
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Greg I was just going to post about this but let me add = I DO NOT WANT Kreider especially for the price that he will co$t the guy is nothing special.

Red Menace likes this.
  4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

We are interested in an 8 year veteran who scores less than 30 goals a year. Im on the get rid of Lou bandwagon.

You guys heard it hear first, actuall I can’t take credit, @statjeff22 brought it up first.

5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

If Lou and Barry are aligned on the idea of building the team from their current pool of prospects then I’m okay with it. Unfortunately we don’t really see that in execution of the team so it’s hard to see that there is an actual plan right now with the roster.

CBG and Red Menace like this.
  6. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Our prospect pool isn't that great thanks to years of Garth Snow incompetence. With a vet team they really need to go for it in the next 3 years. Another thing to consider will Trotz really want to be on board with a full rebuild. He is the best coach in hockey and is signed on for 3 more years. The Isles need to try and take advantage of that as their is no guarantee he would want to coach past that point and certainly not here if the team is the dumps.

Red Menace likes this.
  7. JetBlue

Trotz absolutely better be on board with whatever plan Lou is trying to execute, because if not there shouldn’t be any doubt which one will be the one to go if not.

Red Menace likes this.
  8. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I'll accept the citation with the @CBG caveat - he needs to do something now, or I will be completely off the Lou bandwagon. I think his record with the team is pretty dismal, in contrast to Trotz's, which is exemplary. That needs to change now, whether it's going all in with veterans or retrenching with kids.

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

STAT = EXACTLY . Lou has less than a week to get this right and if after the deadline we shake our heads and the only move is Greene then make room out on the ledge for me my pitchfork and torch.

Red Menace likes this.
  10. JetBlue

Absolutely nothing new to say about their performance at this point.

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I have been out and just got home,,,,,what a shock we are down 2 love going into the 3rd,,,,,,,,,Lou pick up the white phone the wine phone Lou time to do something / anything about this roster enough is enough

JetBlue and Red Menace like this.
  12. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Just allowed another goal. They are well on their way to lose 4 in a row...

13. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

The team just lacks talent on offense. Take a look at this 0-4 road trip.

1. Lose 5-0 to the Preds. Bad game all around but that happens to every team from time to time.
    2. Lose 1-0 to Vegas. Defense and goaltending good.....offense sucks!
    3. Lose 2-1 to Arizona. Defense and goaltending good...offense sucks!
    4. Lose 3-1 to the Av's. Defense and goaltending good...offense sucks!

Six goals allowed in the last 3 games and they still can't get a win or point.

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Greg you are correct. Lou has a few days to renew my faith in him but I have a bad feeling that is not going to happen. This team should have started rebuilding last summer and for ANYONE to come into this season and expect different or should I say better results than last year with the roster looking the same , well that was a pipe dream

15. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

ZERO offense.....just like the jets.

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

3 days to go and the sand is running out of the glass

17. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Right now they are out of a playoff spot. They should beat a hapless Red Wings team tonight on a night when John Tonelli gets his number retired. If they can't win tonight then when???

CBG likes this.
  18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

sad but true Greg

19. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Barry Trotz is now making excuses saying the loss of Casey and Clutterbuck are hurting the team.

When do 4th line players affect top line forwards from scoring?

Does Crosby, Malkin, Kane, Towes, Laine need the 4th line of their teams for them to produce?

This is turning into a soap opera, I get it, Barry does not want to say the top line sucks but it’s time to take care of this issue.

CBG likes this.
  20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Red Menace I agree BUT this guys from everything I read and hear are leaders in the locker room and that is why I believe Lou traded for Greene because the locker room desperately needs leadership. In the next breath most of us here agree that the locker room also needs talent and not MORE 3rd and 4th line players. I say be sellers at the deadline unload anything you can and if you can acquire players or picks in the process that will help us down the road = GREAT. If Lou sits on his hands with 3 days to go then on day 4 my posts will be pretty bad so woman and children had better not read-----> in the next breath I am giving the guy 3 more days to see what he can do

Red Menace likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.