2019-2020 New York Islanders thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by CBG, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Greg it's groundhog day as IMO we were in this same position last year.

2. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Another poor performance by the team as a whole.

Dobson does not belong in the NHL, looks lost out there. Defense as a whole was just bad, can we just get rid of Kunachkle, Kamarov already?

Eberle has been a disaster since coming back from injury, non existent. How long is this going to go on?

I would seriously consider getting rid of Lou at the end of the year, and bringing in someone younger as GM. I get being patient but there is enough evidence at this point that something has to be done about this situation.

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

WHOA Menace lets see IF they do anything at the deadline if they are NOT sellers or buyers and stand pat then I might jump on that train. In other news I just e mailed this to the New York Islanders I hope they watch it and it helps =

Red Menace likes this.
  4. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Ok, they made a trade:

Islanders received: D Andy Greene from the Devil's

Islanders gave up: 2nd round pick in 2021, D David Quenneville

CBG likes this.
  5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Petro I like this move as Greene fills a need and brings leadership. Hopefully Lou is not done and adds some help sooner than later. Team needs a 3rd line center and the top 6 needs at least 1 player and IMO more than 1 but I will take what I can get

6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

You guys any good? I need a NY sports team for spring.

Didn't check ESPN for your play off seeding. Tell me you guys are good so I can look forward to playoffs for spring 2020.

7. Red Menace

He extended these scrubs, why even give Anders Lee, and Eberle that type of money?

Those guys want to make top line forward salaries but they are not producing like top line forwards should be at their level.

They had 19 shots on goal the other night, that is unacceptable!!

CBG likes this.
  8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Depends who you talk to,,,,,I would say root for the Yankees and you won't be disappointed

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Menace,,,,,he gave LEE that contract because Panarin stuck it up our ass and we had no other player to turn to,,I had zero problem letting Lee walk even after we did not get the Bread Man,,,Eberle had chemistry and a decent playoff with Barzal. I like the move for Greene but that said he is a rental so they had better have more moves coming, I am giving Lou a leash until the dead line lets see how this plays out. I have zero problem being Sellers at the Deadline as just look at Greene landing here for a 2nd rounder, IMO thats a little high for him / I thought that was a bit much for him but he fills a need and I get it.

JetBlue and Red Menace like this.
  10. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Like the trade for Greene. It fills a need and gives us a reliable D especially in important situations. Now go get Henrique to give us a 3C which fills another need.

CBG likes this.
  11. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

forget about the powerless play this team has no one that can score at even strength , these guys cannot put the puck in the net

13. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

8 scoreless periods now.... Just wow

Red Menace and CBG like this.
  14. Red Menace

Lou has to go, if this is his idea of building a team then I’m sorry but I can’t get behind it.

Trotz can only do so much with his scheme.

CBG likes this.
  15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Petro I have said this forever = you CAN NOT teach guys how to score its the same with speed you can not teach players how to be fast you either can score or you cant it either comes natural or it doesn't . Watching Islande games is like watching Hackett or Mrningwig or Sporano call offensive plays = beyond painful. Watching hockey should not be this painful to watch it hurts my fucking eyes !!!!

Red Menace likes this.
  16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Menace wait until the deadline and if Lou is not a buyer or a Seller and stands pat I will be right there with you

17. JetBlue

Perhaps last year’s success was the worst thing that could have happened. Lou clearly confused an overachieving team with a team that was ascending, causing him to bring back Lee and Eberle. That $13 mil a year could have been put to better use.

Red Menace, Petrozza and CBG like this.
  18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

JB the thing is Panarin stuck it up our ass and they had no Plan B or fallback option and Lee sadly was all that was left. I was actually praying that while we were pursuing Panarin that Lee would sign elsewhere as I think it was the Canadiens who were rumored to have interest at the time but I would not have cared where he signed. He is a nice enough guy but does nothing well besides score garbage goals from 15 feet out. The guy cant skate or pass

19. JetBlue

I agree. Had Lou accepted that we overachieved he may have let Lee and Eberle walk, even after losing out on Panarin, knowing that the group was going to take a step backwards with or without them.

And, on cue, Nelson blows a breakaway.

CBG likes this.
  20. JetBlue

Another pathetic west coast swing. I don’t see how Lou can stand pat after this. Either sell and bring up everyone you are intent on hanging on to or trade them off to help this team as constructed.

CBG and Red Menace like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.