2020 Quarterback Roulette

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Dallas and Cleveland. Lol.

2. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Yeah because those teams have experienced so much glory in recent years.:rolleyes:

Hey I think paying Brady or Rivers or Brees for a couple of years would be a smarter investment than tying a anchor around their necks paying Prescott huge money on a long term deal.

Obviously Mayfield is the future in Cleveland but why not give Brady a year or two with all that firepower? I think he could give Cleveland the best season they've had since ...

Forever? LOL

Who knows perhaps the young man could learn a thing or two by watching the veteran.

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Much as I'd love to see Brady in a Browns uniform....that ain't happening.

Be interesting to see what his market value is though.

Those rings cost Brady a bunch of income.

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Back to the game...:mad:

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Rivers + Chargers officially agree to split in Free Agency.

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Rivers to the colts makes too much sense not to happen

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Rivers was my pick to wind up in Tennessee with the Titans after Mariota flamed out there. Of course nobody could get over the idea that I thought Mariota was going to flame out. I think it is probably a bit late for Rivers to sign there now but it's still possible. The Titans probably aren't going to take the next step with Tannehill and they might want to give a really good QB one shot to win a ring with the personnel they've assembled. A year ago this would have been a no-brainer but Rivers wasn't available.

8. WarriorRB28

Eh yeah that would be tough now. Even for a QB with Rivers HOF pedigree it would be tough to walk into that locker room and take control after the season Tannehill had in 2019. There would be blowback in that locker room.

If the Jones aren't prepared to hand over their balls to Prescott I think Dallas makes perfect sense for Rivers or Brady.

This might sound crazy but if they're willing to compete for a job or bide their time and perhaps take a bit less cash Philadelphia too. The Eagles have to be fed up with Wentz being unavailable in the playoffs year after year.

With Wentz injury history it's only a matter of time before they get to play. One of them could win a SB there heck Nick Foles did!

9. Br4d

I don't believe Brady or Rivers will sign anywhere there is competition for the QB job let alone as a backup waiting for the main guy to go down.

Brady is probably headed for the West Coast and Rivers for the South. Those are the historical roots for each of them and where extended family and friends still reside.

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Rivers could go to Tampa Bay and work with Arians. I really hope Brady goes to the Chargers. Winston, I guess may go to the Raiders? A lot of new faces in new places next year.

11. Br4d

Winston to the Raiders is an interesting call.

12. WarriorRB28

And now rumors that Stafford & Dalton could be available in a trade in addition to Brady & Rivers are floating around but yeah Dallas should go ahead and hand Dak the keys to the kingdom by using the franchise tag on him or giving him what he wants in a long term deal.

What a smart decision that would be.:rolleyes:

13. Br4d

Jerry Jones isn't the guy he used to be but I'm betting he's smart enough not to hand his QB a huge contract before he's won anything.

It's really hard to put all the pieces together after you're paying your QB at the top of the market. It's hard even when you've got the guy on a reasonable second contract like Rivers and Stafford but once you pay him large it's like chopping three good players off your roster every year due to cap issues.

14. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

geez imagine if the jets still didn't have a QB in place...we'd be going bonkers at the possibilities.

Jonathan_Vilma, stinkyB and FJF like this.
  15. Br4d

The only reason all these QB's are on the market is because the Jets don't need one. If we needed a QB there wouldn't be any on the market.

WarriorRB28 and jilozzo like this.
  16. WarriorRB28

LOL that's so true.

17. WarriorRB28

The media's pimp hand is strong.

Br4d likes this.
  18. WarriorRB28

And yes absolutely the Jets should look into signing one of these QBs to push Darnold.

A Mariota, a Tannehlil if Tennesse doesn't bring him back, a Carr but of course they won't do it because that's not the way the Jets operate.

The Jets like to coddle their young QB make him feel safe. Tell him how great he is *pat on the head*, you're our guy, we believe in you yada yada yada.

19. Br4d

Well put. :)

20. Jonathan_Vilma

He's the biggest fuckface in the world for creating this stir about where he's going to go at age 43.

I truly believe he's leaving. Because at this point he thinks he can walk on water and will waltz over to the Titans or Raiders and win an AFC Title. And I think he's in for a huge surprise when he goes 8-8 with one of those teams.

https://www.syracuse.com/sports/202...g-back-while-attending-syracuse-unc-game.html