XFL, Anyone Watching/In?

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jetophile, Feb 8, 2020.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i thought the kickoffs were brilliant, it limits full speed running 40 yards contact and there is an opportunity for a returner to pop one on every single return. definitely my favorite change. my least favorite change is the sideline interviews. there are some things that just shouldnt be given to us.

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

hes probably had a controller in his hand more than a mouse :) i loved that, lets hear what these buffoons are actually talking about as they do the replay. they absolutely missed the call on the fumble return, he looked to be down a yard short on an angle the guy never looked at :)

3. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of play...if I'm home I'll defiantly watch the games but it's not appointment TV...I mean who's staying home in the spring to watch the XFL?

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I watched. It was refreshing to root for a team that doesn't suck ass for once. I bets on D.C. so that's my team.

alleycat9 likes this.
  5. BrowningNagle

it was a big success in terms of TV ratings, especially the Saturday/opening games. Time will tell though, if people are still watching in week 5 then we can have something here.

you didn't get a chance to watch is right, if you did, you would see that the league does a lot to encourage scoring. There will be many high scoring games in this league, week 1 is always down in points because defenses are ahead of the offenses.

oh yah and the kickoff change encourages returns in a big way. If that's your thing then you should be positive not negative on the changes. We will see returns for touchdowns for sure, but the biggest thing is at least we get attempts to return it. The NFL kickoff is a joke

alleycat9 likes this.
  6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

BrowningNagle likes this.
  7. jetophile

LMAO at your avatar. Every time the commercial comes on I say, "Hi, Joe!" Then it sinks in: "If you're on Medicare like me . . . " And then remember I'm gonna be 56 on Monday. :/ It is hilarious, though. Usually if it's a Joe Willie avatar it's in football mode. I got a kick out of it. I expect Old Man Grumpus to chime in any minute now . . . that being champ . . . that it's been 51 years since . . . :mad::mad::mad:

8. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

3.3 million viewers week 1.

9. jetophile

And just like that, the NYGs are turning into the NYJs. Oof, McGloin, terrible INT. Who the fck throws that ball? Oh, Mark Sanchez. I'm tuning into this for a diversion and I already have agita. New team, same old chunks on the rise.

ConcordeChops likes this.
  10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I’ll start a go fund me page and start calling around for a pilot

Jonathan_Vilma and stinkyB like this.
  11. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Through the 2 games today, the quality of football seemed to significantly decline from last week.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Bad QB play and bad tackling are a recipe for bad football. Cardale Jones is going to absolutely run through this league right to the championship and back into the NFL at least via invitation to training camp to compete. He looks like the only legitimate quarterback.

KWJetsFan likes this.
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Donald Parham for the Renegades at tightend is an interesting talent. 6'8", 240. Usually guys that tall are really clumsy and goofy with their feet. He looks decently agile and smooth.

He's not really a tightend, more of a splitend. I wonder if Joe D. Is watching. He doesn't run fast but he covers a lot of ground quickly if that makes any sense? Dude looks like a gazelle out there.

14. KWJetsFan

Yeah, for sure. The games with anything resembling solid QB play have been fun. The other games......not so much.

15. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

I watched the second half of the Dallas/LA game and I enjoyed it.

BrowningNagle and alleycat9 like this.
  16. BrowningNagle

Should extend a camp invite to LA Wide receiver Nelson Spruce. He catches everything and the Jets need receivers

I also think DC Defenders has some defenders, pun intended, that should be in the NFL. they look like the best team in the league in my opinion because of that defense

17. KWJetsFan

This TB/Houston game is a fun little shootout so far.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  18. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I'm watching my first ever XFL game right now Dallas vs Seattle.

I'm impressed. Very professional presentation, telecast. Competitive football game.

I've even seen Jim Zorn and Daryl Johnston around which makes it seem more legit IMO.

My interest is piqued.

This Dallas TE Pardham I think that's his name 6'8 can run impressive athlete.

19. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

20. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I liked what I saw yesterday I thought about going to watch a game at the stadium then I found out the XFL'S NY team also plays its games at Metlife stadium.

Eff that!! I'm not going out there to watch a game I haven't been to a Jets game in almost 10 years I'm not making that trip for a XFL team.

XFL dropped the ball on that one, missed opportunity.

If their NY team had played its games at Citifield or better yet someplace on Long Island I would've gone to see a game or two. Better shot for them to begin establishing a fan base in NY but they dropped the ball.

A actual pro football team IN New York plays its games within a short driving distance from home or a quick public transportation trip imagine that.