Sam Darnold and Jamal Adams: Two blue chip players to build our Franchise around.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Feb 13, 2020.

1. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

LOL If you were around then you would know that I was probably the first one here to call Hack a big fat bust. You were probably riding his jock almost as bad as you do Darnold and Adams. Keep winning those offseason championships, dopey!

Jets69 likes this.
  2. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Right now the Bills are the team poised to take control of the division if NE declines. Their GM Brandon Beane has done a really good job in rebuilding the roster and getting them out of salary cap hell. McDermott is proving to be a good coach as two playoff appearances in 3 years proves. Our GM while he has a strong reputation around the league is still unproven in terms of being able to run the show. Gase isn't the answer at HC IMHO. Douglas has a lot of work to do in building the roster especially on the offensive side of the ball. I hope you are correct and the Jets can build a team that can dominate the division/conference and eventually win a Super Bowl. But it will take time. If things go right then 2021 and beyond can be special. I still think the Jets fall short next season.

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

When your day is done and you wanna ride on . . . .

FJF likes this.
  4. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

not sure if the timing is going to be right. Jets need to get a team around the QB ASAP and the only way to do that quickly MIGHT be to trade adams.

if not darnold will be on contract #2 and killing the cap, spitting out 7-9 seasons one after another.

Realize its not the popular choice.

footballfundamentals likes this.
  5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

6. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I was just about to say this. Sometimes, the popular move isn't the best one.

7. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

But they can build a team around Sam without trading Adams. They have around 75M in cap after expected cuts and have 4 picks in the top 80, and even if they moved Adams it would still be a 2 year process until the offensive side of the ball is truly replenished.

With that being said, the only way I'd consider moving Adams is for a return like a 1 and a 2.

jilozzo, JetsNation06 and FJF like this.
  8. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I don't expect Adams to be traded. But, if a team offers a package that's too good to refuse...........

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  9. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Exactly. The key is hitting on the draft picks particularly the higher ones instead of selecting instant busts - Hackenburg, Polite etc.

JetsNation06 and NYJFOREVER like this.
  10. DefenseWinsChampionships

I couldn't care less who mocks me or considers me a Homer or who quotes my posts with one line fillers in order to correct me on just how wrong I am.

But if you can't be excited over Sam Darnold ala Mr. Suck for Sam while we had 40 year old JAG QB's and if you can't really behind Jamal Adams #6 pick overall, 2x Pro Bowler (vowed to never miss another one) and a 1x All-Pro and being discussed as a generational defensive impact player? Well, then the jokes on you; not me.

11. NFLDayspast

NFLDayspast Active Member

Sam Darnold is going to be a great QB and is already a really good one based on what he has to work with.

Adams is a special player.

It is pathetic that after all the losing and high draft picks we are Macagnan leaves us with 2 franchise players. When you look at the number of picks the Jets had and who they could have drafted it is truly sad the Jets only have 2 true building blocks.

My hope is the Williams 3rd round pick becomes a top wideout, which is possible with this draft. To only have 2 players and such a bad run truly shows just how bad Macagnan was.

12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Oh man , that’s not right,
    The joke will always be on you.

Jets69 likes this.
  13. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Offer to good to refuse, I'd take it but I'd probably throw up doing it.

Adams is elite at everything he's asked to do on defense, he's literally a clone of Troy Polamalu and Pittsburgh never would've traded him.

14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I actually don't think your nightmare scenario will play out. If we continue to lose over the next couple seasons, Darnold won't get a second contract.

15. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that shit is illegal.
    Trade him before we get caught!

NYJFOREVER and FJF like this.
  16. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

Perhaps. We will see what happens.

17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Herein, I believe marks the disconnect between you and at least half the people here. You are way too invested in comparing Darnold to stiffs that have filled the position here than to the guys in the league who have actually performed consistently on a high level. If you stop looking at McCown and Fitzpatrick as benchmarks you might understand better what the rest of us are waiting to see before making reservations in Canton.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I want you to be RIGHT in the worst way...but ...but..but

19. joe

joe Well-Known Member

. .^ insight in sight

. .zzzzzzSam zzzzDarnold zzzzz 22 zzzzzz going zzzzz on 23zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

20. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

That's racist