The Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by FITM, May 26, 2006.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Apparently Hell in a Cell was a disaster last night and the main event ended in a DQ even though it was a Hell in a Cell match. I did not watch, but it sounds bad. I feel bad for Rollins.

JohnnyP123456 likes this.
  2. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I also did not watch, and heard that. I checked it out online, and skipped to the end, and yep. It was terrible.

Seth hit a hundred curbstomps, and Bray kept kicking out at 1. Then Seth started using weapons, and Bray kept kicking out. Then Seth broke a camera over him, and they called dq... In a non dq match.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  3. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

Still can't believe that ending from last night

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I liked wrestling years ago and probably haven't watched since say 2004. So my thoughts might be outdated.

But the WWE stock is absolutely tanking. Which must be frustrating considering McMahon just dumped all that money into reviving the XFL.

I know outcomes are predetermined. And you open up a lot of insider trading business by doing so; but they need to figure out some way to incorporate sports gambling. I don't know how you do that with the model of the 'sport.' But it'd go a long way in reviving it before it really dwindles.

They should also think about slowing down their events in the fall so as to not try to compete with the NFL and it's tv ratings. That's a battle that no one will ever be able to win. Switch the days maybe? Are the PPV's still on Sunday and then Monday Night Raw and Thursday Smackdown?

They also need to give Gronk a blank check and let him go back to work. He alone would move the needle.

5. NYJalltheway

If anything, Gronk would go to WWE, as one of his best friends is a wrestler there, and he has said he might want to some day in the past.

Smackdown is on Fridays.

The main product sucks. I watch YouTube clips, and have a few podcasts I listen to so I'm caught up, but watching so much wrestling in a week is a real chore.

If you want to watch again, watch either NXT, or AEW, both which are every Wednesday.

CBG likes this.
  6. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I would absolutely buy WWE stock right now, its hits .618 FIB level to a tee at $42.50, if it drops to the .786 the price would be about $27. There is some support around $32 as well.

I would start buying back in personally if I had money sitting on an exchange. The price was due for a correction, it got extremely overbought.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I have been recording AEW and catching up each week,,,so far so good

The Dark Knight and NYJalltheway like this.
  8. NYJalltheway

It has it's moments. I don't watch full episodes, but there are great moments pretty much every show.

The Dark Knight and CBG like this.
  9. The Dark Knight

WWE is at an all-time low for me. It is unwatchable and I will likely skip Wrestlemania for the first time in many years this year. Nothing really interesting. They don't even know what to do with their actual good characters anymore, and there are not many of them.

AEW is better. I do what @CBG does and DVR it, then look through it. Really love the Jericho vs. Moxley story line. It is the best thing wrestling has had in a long time. Entertaining!

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I really think that there are some bodies floating out there that AEW could recruit that have disappeared from the WWE and others that could be signed.

11. The Dark Knight

It's kind of sad that Wrestlemania is tonight (and tomorrow), I have nothing to do, yet won't be watching for the first time in many years. It has nothing to do with coronavirus. They have just done a bad job building up any of the story lines this year. I truly gave it a chance too. Now they are doing a two night event without an audience? If anyone watches, let me know how it goes!

KWJetsFan likes this.
  12. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I watched it with 6 of my buddies (Zoom), so that was cool. The show itself was beyond horrendous. Don't waste your time. Watch AEW on Wednesday on TNT. They at least put an effort into things.

NYJalltheway and The Dark Knight like this.
  13. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I never really got into the whole WWE thing even though a relative of mine was on the circuit. When I was a kid, though, my stupid brother used to watch the OLD guys, like Chief J Strongbow and the like.

Anyway, this guy that the old man used to work with, Tom DeVito, looovvvved WWE. He was a panic of a person aside from the fact that he was a math genius, but like Rain Man math genius. I said OK, this is bullshit, so one day I said, "Alright, Tom, let's see your human calculator trick. What's 42,229.62 x $9,647.31?" "OK, give me a minute . . . " He'd scrunch up his eyes real tight, take a total of 10 seconds, and blurt out a number. Sure enough, I took out a REAL calculator and added it up. "Sonofabiiiiitch . . . !" He was NEVER wrong. It was almost a little unnerving.

Sweetest guy that you'd ever want to meet, he's dead now; but he had a lot of problems, much to do with not being able to really relate to people. That, and he was super manic and did a lot of illicit drugs to normalize. He fell through the cracks when he was young. He didn't get the right tutelage or direction and it died with him. It's very sad. Anyway, he adored Macho Man or Randy Savage or whatever his name was and his stupid girlfriend, Elizabeth? Yeah, it was definitely Elizabeth. So Tom would call up the old man and scream, "PUT IT ON! PUT IT ON!!!" I have to admit when Macho Man was crying to Elizabeth I did laugh like hell. I think they got married in the ring or something, too. Hahahaha. So that's my WWE Story. Wait, hold on. . .

Hahahahahahaha! Close enough!

14. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Lol why the hell are Goldberg and Undertaker still active in 2020?!?!?!

Saw Gronk won a title last night and just shook my head.

15. DefenseWinsChampionships

I haven't watched wrestling since I were a kid Hogan, Steve Austin, Rock days.

I watched 15 minutes of YouTube videos and suddenly you realize... Without the fans energy and fans in the stands? It's such a stupid show without the fans who make it what it is.

An empty arena for wrestling made me think. How boring would it be to watch an NBA team score a buzzer beater, with no fans to cheer or boo? Same with NFL Football. No sound after a QB sack or TD?

Would be really weird.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  16. NYJalltheway

You're correct about the wrestling aspect. I had a tough time trying to watch Mania. Aew is much better, and I can't bring myself to enjoy that right now either.

I do think basketball, and football would still be fun to watch though. It's not as much of an audience involvement.

alleycat9 likes this.
  17. NYJalltheway

Sorry I'm so late on this tdk.

Watch the firefly funhouse match, and the boneyard match. Can't promise you will like them, but I enjoyed both. They're like mini movies. The actual in ring matches are not watchable.

18. NYJalltheway

Tonight's Smackdown is gonna be tough to watch.

Sent from my IPhone 43 using Tapatalk V.86

BrowningNagle likes this.
  19. NYJalltheway

Really good tribute show. Loved it.

Sent from my IPhone 43 using Tapatalk V.86

20. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Rotunda was a shocker. He was supposedly getting close to returning.

NYJalltheway likes this.