Per PFT - jets told robby they want him back

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Jan 30, 2020.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

We’re discussing football players. I want your opinion on who you think is an available upgrade to Robbie. You brought up the subject to me. Don’t bow out now

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

This would not be smart. Makes no sense to sign a 30-year-old to a short term deal for likely equal money instead of investing in a younger WR for 4-5 years.

Vida likes this.
  3. FJF

I’d rather some stability and I’m willing to go a few dollars more for it. Sanders is a gase guy though so I can see this happening.

Vida likes this.
  4. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I did not bring up the subject. Thanks for confirming you do not understand what I was saying. I suggested that there MAYBE someone out there in the FA market who would be a better for the team. I guess your love for Todd has ruined your thinking process:mad:

5. FJF

you said

To which I replied , like who?
    So yes you brought the subject to me. So if you don’t have anyone in mind or don’t know anyone who is coming available just say so. No need to play around like teenage girl .
    And still waiting for you to shine me one post where I declare my love for Todd. You’ve been trolling that shit for a while and than run and hide when I call you out. Just like you are with this subject.

6. championjets69

Ah ask Brook to post all your posts from when Toddy was our coach. :mad:

7. championjets69

Once the names of the WR Fas are announce I will gladly tell who can maybe aid the team more then Robbie:mad:

8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I know we all joke, but you might be so old that you don't actually know how the internet works.

Vida and FJF like this.
  9. FJF

You know that info is out there now right? And I don’t want a maybe he can be better. I want to know who you think is better than Robbie. You said free agency will bring us someone better than Robbie. Now step up and have some conviction here man. Stop yelling at the clouds and discuss something for once in your miserable time on this board.

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

it would not be equal money. Sanders would make less. Sanders is also a reliable route runner, Anderson is not

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. BrowningNagle

even the 'sign Anderson at all costs' people agree the Jets should still be in the WR market after making that move too.

Vida and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. BrowningNagle

We don't know who is gonna be available yet

and what's wrong with saying the GM should try to upgrade at the position?

13. FJF

Signing Robbie is putting a 3-4 year fixture in the wr2 spot while looking for a wr1 and grooming potential replacements for Robbie and crowder. signing sanders is a band aid for a year maybe 2. Than we’re likely looking back in the free agent market rather than developing cheaper solutions.
    Letting Robbie go for sanders is exactly what Tanny would have done in 2011. Possible short term gain with no long term benefits.

Vida likes this.
  14. BrowningNagle

tannenbaum probably woulda saved money and let Anderson go for Sanders, I agree.

Coincidentally he's the last GM to make the playoffs here. I can tell you though that signing Anderson to a big long term deal and hoping it pans out would 100% be a McCagnan move, 0 playoff games to his tenure

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. FJF

That’s not what he said, that’s what he is trying to walk back to while acting like I’m the one that’s confused. He made a comment that we can get a better wr in free agency, I simply asked who? Then he went off the rail.
    Edit, we have a pretty solid idea of who is going to be available. There’s an easily accessible list of free agents to be that everyone is working off of right now.

16. BrowningNagle

well how is he supposed to answer when we don't even know who these WRs will be

17. FJF

Isn’t that what every gm does when they hand out a contract? I’m not sure I follow how you think teams sign players to second contracts.

18. BrowningNagle

no, GM's let players like Robby Anderson walk all the time. Often they are better for it

19. FJF

Would they? I’d think teams like to keep good players, particularly they’re own. Even more so when thin at that position to begin with.

Vida likes this.
  20. BrowningNagle

you aren't that ignorant about how football works FJF. Baltimore let C.J. Mosley & Ze'Darius Smith walk, Pittsburgh let Bell walk, Patriots let Trey flowers & Trent Brown walk, etc.. that was 1 offseason. Resigning one of your own players is as much of a risk as signing a free agent, and managing that risk is an important part of the General Manager's job.

Decisions to let guys go happen all the time in this league, particularly by GM's that are good at managing resources. We haven't have a good GM here in a long time, so I understand why you might not get this

-
    Bill Barnwell's prediction tool thing on ESPN has the Jets losing Robby Anderson to a 4 year $52 million contract. that's 13 million per year. Which I think we all could see happening. It poses an interesting question, if Robby Anderson the same guy, same stats and everything was a free agent from the Cardinals for example, would we really be down for the Jets pursuing him for $13 million a year, 4 years $52 million?

I think most people would say no, that's too much for a player of his caliber, but they let their sentimental feelings get in the way of their perception of Anderson. He can be replaced and he will be replaced

#180 BrowningNagle, Feb 10, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2020