Per PFT - jets told robby they want him back

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Jan 30, 2020.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

your post says it all. 37th place.

Robby is not a team leader so his absence won’t hurt the team in that way and on the field he finishes in 37th place.

Average production, not a locker room guy. Why would I be concerned about losing this guy?

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

37th is such a shit stick to hit him with, you did see how we played at the start of the season and who was throwing him or wasn't throwing him the ball to be more precise.

How you can willfully blame him for not having a 1k season, under those circumstances, is just laughable.

Just say you don't like him as a person, at least that is believable.

3. BrowningNagle

Its not a stick I hit him with, the other guy brought it up. And its a simple fact.

I don't know Robby Anderson as a person at all. Never met him. So I can't say if I like him or not.

4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

This Robby Anderson love is simply more of the overvaluation of Jets players by fans. How many former Jets have gone on to greatness? It's depressing and maddening, but face the fact that the Jets suck at identifying talent, a direct product of their clueless ownership and the people they've hired. My only hope is that Douglas finally breaks this curse.

5. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

You should be concerned that we wind up at the end of season wondering what we have in Darnold because we couldn't properly evaluate him because he spent a year throwing to a piss-poor wr group.

We finally have what I believe to be our QB and how would it make sense to saddle him with a (likely overpaid) middling FA WR and some rookies?

3 yrs / 15 Mill per year isn't going to devastate our cap.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

The problem is you think average production just falls from the sky and into our laps. Take a look at the market. It's an extremely below average market unless you're spending a pretty penny on Amari Cooper. Your original point was that he's not that impactful to the organization... that's just wrong. He produces like a starter. You take away any starting WR and it impacts a team.

Imagesrdecieving and FJF like this.
  7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

How many team leaders can one team have? Does a guy need to be a leader to be a "locker room guy" or does he just need to go about his business. If there's been any evidence that he's a problem on the field or in the locker room I haven't seen it. I don't know if the rapport he's developed on the field with Darnold could have happened if he was less than all in as a teammate.

K'OB likes this.
  8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I think it’s more due to the fact that there’s no real options on the roster and few available in free agency. with Robbie we still have a need for wr ,without him we need 2 .

Imagesrdecieving and Ralebird like this.
  9. BrowningNagle

I guess I should have clarified. I HOPE to hell Anderson is not a team leader because he is a selfish player. A selfish player with average production.

I'm not giving a long term deal out to that. that's the kind of decision making Mccagnan made and why we are in this position

10. BrowningNagle

produces "like a starter." wow what an endorsement! He starts every game and gets 6 or 7 targets a game, I would hope he produces "like a starter."

11. Ralebird

Is the bolded strictly a subjective opinion or based on some objective criteria?

12. BrowningNagle

its based on watching nearly every game Robby Anderson has played in. He doesn't do the little things to help the team win. He doesn't help his QB out and he rarely fights for balls downfield in traffic.

13. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I like ball. I want money to get ball. - Robby Anderson

14. Ralebird

I actually thought he did a much better job this year fighting for the contested balls than in the past. I've seen him throw some blocks downfield too that I don't remember in the past, something he's not really physically equipped to do. I'm not sure what little things you're looking for but I don't see anything that would cause me to label him selfish. But that's just an impression I got from watching the games. I'm somewhat relieved to see there's nothing solid out there that's causing you to put that label on him.

15. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

you forgot his complete inability to block a single soul

BrowningNagle likes this.
  16. ColoradoContrails

Understood. I just think if he prices himself like a #1 I'd prefer to let him go and find someone else. Maybe next year there will be a small - small - drop off - maybe not even that, but I don't think it will be the difference between them making the playoffs or not.

17. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

The onus on Robby having the 37th ranking in yds can't be valid if you had the starting QB replaced with a third stringer - Siemian who had all of 6 ATT's and 3 yds then gone - and who knows even if Darnold was 100% for the 1st game?

I'm not saying that Robby deserves to be the #1 at all or even if he deserves label - but having him as one of the core is big help for Sam.

18. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

There's a reason starting receivers leaving teams isn't all that commonplace among good teams.

19. DefenseWinsChampionships

I can not understand how as a fan base we've cried for many of years about not having a Franchise QB along with complaining about not having enough offensive weapons; for many of years too.

But then once one of our own home grown talents in Robby Anderson, who's established himself as one of the most dynamic and explosive deep threat outside WR's within the entire league (who provides Sam Darnold with a deep threat weapon) is up for FA; fans are quick to say no.

Darnold needs weapons. Darnold deserves Robby Anderson. He improved his route running ability against opposing #1 CB's this past season. Not all of his receptions were "deep balls". God Forbid we move him to #2 WR opposite of a Jeudy/Lamb? He's a nightmare and one of the greatest deep threat weapons this fan base has ever seen.

Robby Anderson is a MUST keep.

20. ColoradoContrails

hy·per·bo·le | \ hī-ˈpər-bə-(ˌ)lē \
    Definition of hyperbole
    : extravagant exaggeration (such as "mile-high ice-cream cones")

Jets69 likes this.