Another Mahomes take

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by NFLDayspast, Jan 20, 2020.

1. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Some of you guys are hilarious...like there's a bunch of QB whisperers hanging around on the Jets message boards....if the league thought he was gonna be this good he would have been the consensus 1st overall pick not mocked in the 20s....the draft is a lottery ticket you got one right congrats. Lol

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He was the second quarterback taken and selected tenth in the draft. He's won more Super Bowls and Super Bowl MVP's than the last ten quarterbacks selected #1 overall in the NFL.

What math doesn't add up? If the majority of the league foresaw this for him, why didn't anyone trade up to #3 or #4 to take him right after Trubisky? Why did Trubisky go before him? Why did the Bears panic and make a stupid ass trade to move up one spot and take Trubisky and not Mahomes?

Maybe because he wasn't as highly regarded by the league as this thread is touting. That's not a knock on his. He turned out to be amazing. But this is revisionist history to act like he was an Andrew Luck-esque prospect.

DefenseWinsChampionships and MJK like this.
  3. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Dude you wrote a lot there but still can’t explain to me why a QB drafted in the top 10 is not a top 10 QB.

Also the draft is an exercise in talent evaluation not fortune telling.

Lastly, I’m not concerned about others’ history I know my own.

4. Jonathan_Vilma

This thread isn't about your take though. And it's obvious that you just surface to pat yourself on the back when you're correct.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  5. legler82

And still no explanation on how he’s wasn’t a top 10 QB despite going top 10.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

If you'd like to get technical, ten teams passed him up (including the Bills). An eleventh team traded up for him.

But keep ignoring the fact that you came into this thread in search of a place to slip in posts you made about Mahomes around draft time.

Why did Trubisky go ahead of Mahomes if this success was the consensus?

7. legler82

That Bills argument is quite a reach but at least it was finally addressing the question.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Funny, you followed it up by ignoring my question.

9. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Can someone post a mock draft or draft analyst that had Mahomes ranked as the top QB in the draft or mocked in the top ten? I'm offering a million dollar reward. Lol

10. legler82

You’re like the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz with all these straw man tactics. Mahomes’ success being the consensus is not my position so why should I answer that question. Address that question to whoever
    expressed that position. I asked you a question about something you actually said. It took you 3-5 responses to come remotely close to answering. I’ve always thought you are a top 10 pick if you are drafted in the top 10 but you’ve enlightened me.

11. Jonathan_Vilma

It doesn't bode well for you to use a tactic you're accusing someone else of using.

But let's talk some more about how right you were about Mahomes.

12. legler82

Nah I’m good. I asked a question which you took 4-5 post to answer. I appreciate it.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Now you're doing the same. Don't forget that you felt Jerod Evans was the same prospect as Mitchell Trubisky and were a big Kurt Benkert fan.

But let's only relive the ones you got right, right?

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  14. legler82

‪What did I get wrong there? These are late round picks. I still feel Trubisky was overrated & Benkert was a good value late round pick. Benkert had a chance to be the ATL backup as. UDFA if not for an injury. I really liked Brissett coming out as mid round pick. Would I have been “wrong” about him had he not gotten a chance to play because of injury?

Since you are terrible at providing examples of me being “wrong”, I’ll help you. I really liked Mariota in his class. Now enjoy that one.

Side note: I still Mariota. I don’t believe his career is over. I feel under the right system & coaching he has a chance to revive his career. Not to mention he really hasn’t been bad just injury proned.