Kobe Bryant Passed Away.

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Petrozza, Jan 26, 2020.

1. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Hey sometimes shit happens. It’s pretty clear what she said. It’s just not surprising that the two biggest supporters of “when you’re a star they let you do it” (Kobe) are trying to defend this. She said niggers. How do you get from Los Angeles lakers to Los Angeles knicks? Lol a New York based reporter knows the Knicks are not from LA

2. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

she stumbles with her words AFTER she says niggers. Then attempts to get off-air as soon as possible.

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Or she stumbled because she just made up a sports team? But, ultimately, speculating on her motive is irrelevant, because there is evidence to the contrary to your argument. If you choose to ignore that evidence then you aren’t interested in what she said, you simply have an agenda. You’re permitted to be dishonest.

MJK and FJF like this.
  4. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

It sounds like that lady said Nakers....the combination of Knicks and Lakers. I like giving people the benefit of the doubt and not going with the least likely scenario because it fits my world view...kinda like not thinking every one that throws up the OK sign is a white supremacist .

5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I guess I just don't see how you can in anyway possible cross Lakers and Knicks to say what the reporter said. Just because she slipped the word out without intending to doesn't mean you can ignore what she said.

Motive doesn't cover a mistake when the 'I stumbled over my words' mistake isn't supported. She didn't say Knackers or even naggers. She said what she said...

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I'm willing to believe it was a mistake, but still... It's mistake you simply cannot make. She deserves all the criticism she'll get.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  9. BrowningNagle

There were media reports that Rick Fox was on the helicopter and Fox was sitting at home broken up about his friend Kobe and at the same time getting a zillion calls from family and friends thinking he was dead. Fuckin A.

How about Kawhi Leonard too man? Kobe introduced him to the helicopter commute to L.A. and he's been using it a lot. Same pilot and everything, recommended by Kobe. The guy would drop off Kawhi and pick up Kobe and vice versa. That's gotta fuck with his head

10. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

From now on any passenger on a luxury chopper is going to go apeshit whenever fog appears

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Meh, if people want to clown her for stumbling through a news read that’s something. Up in arms screaming racism though? That’s not what happened

12. JetBlue

Of course it’s what happened. It’s an evolved psychological instinct dating back to the earliest loss of skin pigmentation as our evolved ancestors treked away from Africa to more pasty skin creating environments to try and slip in an N word whenever they can. They didn’t even know what they were saying back then, but there was just an instinctual urge to yell the N word and take pleasure in it.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

How is using that word anything but racist?

I guess I just don't see how there was any stumbling. What she says is clear as day. Of course they came up with the most logical back story to explain it away as a mistake.

What else were they going to say? Even if she did say it by accident, it doesn't absolve her from making a racist mistake?

People have gotten fired from the media for a lot less. She blurted out a terrible word on air with zero context behind it.

14. BrowningNagle

I mean, do you always have to play the victim about everything? would hate to live life that way

#94 BrowningNagle, Jan 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  15. BrowningNagle

would be tough to make that mistake if you weren't used to using the term, I would imagine. Also, Kobe never played for the Knicks so at best she's an idiot

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  16. JetBlue

Oh the irony.

17. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Well, that fog was dense enough for LAPD to ground their choppers. I'd guess if it wasn't Kobe, that pilot would have stayed on the ground as well....

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Context is what makes racism not words on their own. She stumbled into a bad sound, I don’t believe she had any ill will intended. There can be innocent mistakes , is the world we live in so stringent now that any little hic cup has to come with some sort of evil and slanderous intent? like I originally posted, she took this moment to sneak in an N-Bomb on air and risk her career?

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Does it matter whether she consciously did it or not? You don't just say that word by accident without it being a part of your normal vernacular.

20. BrowningNagle

that's not true at all. You don't get to choose how your words are perceived. that's why its so important to choose your words carefully, or at least it used to be in this country.