Kobe Bryant Passed Away.

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Petrozza, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Presumably the LAPD pilots are also rated to fly in weather? The point is that the weather was bad enough that the pros grounded themselves and yet this company decided it was better to fly than to honor the conditions.

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Absolutely, the decision to fly is being questioned. Which is likely going to be the thing loved ones wrestle with. It wasn’t a catastrophic failure of the craft, which can be rationalized as an act of God, but a wrong decision about the weather that the pilot may have had experience with but in this situation created a scenario that caught him off guard. We are so used to movies where cars and aircraft make impossible turns to avoid danger but in real life you need a large amount of area to maneuver aircraft. Cory Lidle is a prime example; he just ran out of space making his turn. In this scenario the pilot had low visibility and found himself in a range of hills he couldn’t get out of.

Br4d likes this.
  3. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Heartbreaking.

They showed the other victims three were a father, mother and daughter so was a entire family wiped out? or if they had other kids they are now orphans.

From what I'm reading they shouldn't have been flying the fog was that bad. The police kept their copters grounded because of it.

Someone messed up bad someone should have had the sense to say hey these conditions don't look good at all we should do it some other time.

4. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

The witness who called it in said he heard the Helicopter very low, but couldn't see it. He also could see the crash or explosion, but heard it like it was very close. He described the fog as trying to see in swimming pool full of milk....it was dense and you couldn't see anything at all.

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It was Kobe's copter and Kobe's personal pilot. He probably said "Mr. Bryant, they are saying its too foggy and that we shouldn't fly" And Kobe says "come on man, we've been doing this for years, I gotta get to my daughter's game." and he said "ok, we can do it with special clearance". "yeah, do that "

probably a conversation they had before, even. before safe landings

nyjetsmets89 likes this.
  6. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

and then the NBA cancelled the game...

And those prices were not just resellers, Lakers themselves were selling tickets starting at $1000 on ticketmaster and at the Staples Center

7. JetBlue

It is likely a route they both had a ton of experience traveling and felt comfortable flying despite the weather.

That’s disgusting.

8. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I can't imagine what the Bryant family is going through.

John Altobelli, his wife Keri, and his daughter Alyssa all died in the crash. They left behind 2 daughters, holy shit I can't even fathom that. Those poor girls.

The most disgusting thing to me is that the families found out through social media, but that's the world we live in today; everybody want's the next big scoop.

9. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

That's TMZ for you, maybe there's finally going to be some blowback on their business model

10. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

11. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Just checked ticketmaster, the Lakers are selling seats, starting at $800......so basically, they marked up the prices for the Clippers game, made a ton of money, then cancel it, and now they are making even more money.

Pathetic, it will go unnoticed to, it wouldn't surprise me at all if that was the real reason why they cancelled the game.

12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

“It will go unnoticed”? You’ve made a lot of stupid posts over the years, but this might be the stupidest.

FJF likes this.
  13. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I dont see anyone talking about it.

14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

It’s going to go unnoticed except for those of us commenting about it?

FJF likes this.
  15. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I wasn't referring to a few people in a Jets forum, I was referring to the general population.

No need to be immature and call my post stupid, it doesn't make you better.

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

So sad. Kobe was one of the best basketball players I ever saw play. Even more tragic with the loss of his daughter and the 7 others on the helicopter. He will be missed. He had such a bright future too.

17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

The reporter did not drop the n word. That’s a stretch.

18. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

you’re kidding right? The audio is right there. She even paused before she said it. Los Angeles nakers? That’s a stretch.

19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

You’re right, a New York based anchor didn’t blend Knick’s and lakers while reporting a tragedy instead she used that precise moment to get in a racial slur and kill her career and out her self as a racist.
    Completely plausible. I can’t believe I didn’t see that the first time. I feel so woke now.

JetBlue and dawinner127 like this.
  20. JetBlue

I thought so as well but there is better audio of it where she clearly doesn’t drop the N word. And she’s clearly stumbling with her words at that point, not pausing as if she’s creating some nefarious dramatic pause before her big moment.