Collective Rejoice

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NFLDayspast, Jan 20, 2020.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

We will see but I don't think he will be.

2. NFLDayspast

NFLDayspast Active Member

As I said- Williams will be a good player but he is not one now.

Williams had an awful rookie season.

Leonard Williams is a very good player- but not worthy of the 6th pick. The same will hold true for this Williams.

As I said- I read a number of articles related to Ed Oliver that said the package for Williams was overblown. I no longer believe the offer involved a first round pick after I read a few different articles.

3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Can't nobody block me.

4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

yeah I would have been more then happy with josh allen at 3. plus with the way phillips, shepard, and foley played this year. Q is a luxury we didn't need. but mac deserves credit for getting those 3 guys though. had we taken allen we wouldn't need an OLB right now. allen and jenkins would be a great starting pair outside

5. Stagman

Stagman Active Member

You are right, but it is so damn hard especially with the draft a few months away, I just think "if we only had a few more picks".

6. Stagman

Stagman Active Member

I'm pretty sure that if the 49ers would have picked Q Williams at #2, that fucktardo mccangan would passed on Bosa with the Jets #3!

7. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

So much of what is being said reminds me of what people were saying about Leo.

I swear the rest of the nfl is laughing at us when these players “fall to us”

Also please stop mentioning Aaron Donald, Donald is the ultimate anomaly in football at his position. nobody is the next Aaron Donald.

Look at a picture of Aaron Donald shirtless. He is a ripped muscle bound freak who cares about his body to the extreme. Now look up a picture of Quinnen shirtless and you will see a Lizzo lookalike who snacks on junk food and has literal no muscle to him. It’s all fucking fat. The picture I saw of him shirtless actually made me gag. No wonder he bitched out of the bench press at the combine. Probably would get 2

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i mean aaron donald is the next warren sapp. there will be a next aaron donald. there always is. you can even make a case that suh was the next warren sapp and donald is the next suh

9. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

All the good players EVER drafted were done when Wberlin was a partner. Just to name a few JWN, Snell, Boozer, Big Jawn Elliot, Sauer, Maynard was cut from the NYGs & we signed him All our goats came from that SB3 winning team. All CM did is generate stats, :mad:

10. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

When you have idiots like the Johnsons owning the team would U expect them to pick anything other then a idiot to be there GM?:mad:

11. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

True but he benefits by having more talent along the line as well as a #1 corner.

Bosa has been great but plays with all #1 picks on the line.

Q was a disruptor in college and with a little more talent around him I believe he will shine.

12. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

The thing with the Jets defense - and it sounds so redundant - is while there are a lot of good young players to build around, the defense is also lacking the two most important positions EDGE and a #1 CB. Find a consistent outside pass rush along with a top CB, put them with the likes of Q, Moseley, Jenkins, Maye, Adams, etc., then see what you got. A top 5 defense for sure.

Those two additions to this defense lifts the talent around them that is already in place.