Kobe Bryant Passed Away.

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Petrozza, Jan 26, 2020.

1. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Very sad. Mamba out.

Brook! likes this.
  2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

One of the hardest working athletes to ever play the game. Showed the value of maturing, growing and just becoming an overall better person.

His daughter was really good at ball too, such a damn shame. The good die young.

All Gas No Shake, Brook! and FJF like this.
  3. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

It’s hard to watch the media fawn over this dude when he was clearly guilty of rape back in 2003

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

There always going to be that guy.

5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

No, he was clearly guilty of adultery (a marital guilty not a criminal guilty). She was clearly guilty of regretting letting the mamba in the backdoor.

6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

very sad indeed. I was pretty shocked when I found out yesterday and I haven't even really watched the NBA in over a decade. worse off his 13 year old daughter died and I feel bad for his wife and other kids. I can't imagine what they are going through right now

7. JetBlue

When all is said and done the cause will likely be pilot error caused by weather — just a random set of unfortunate circumstances in what was a very ordinary practice for him — taking a helicopter across Los Angeles.

Saturday was beautiful — 70 degrees and sunny all day. I left for my daughters soccer game in shorts Sunday morning expecting the clouds to break when I got there and they never did, and it was cold and gray throughout. Local law enforcement grounded their helicopters in the morning because it was deemed not safe to fly. By the afternoon the clouds broke and the weather slightly improved. I can’t speak to the weather in OC when they left, but they potentially flew into weather that may not have been visible to them when they left and underestimated, despite likely warnings.

What I’m very curious about is reports that they were flying at a speed of 180 mph but only hit the ground at 45mph. That doesn’t sound like a aircraft plummeting to the ground.

8. FJF

Torn between glad you said it and wishing you didn’t engage him because the retort is going to be painfully stupid .

nyjetsmets89, stinkyB and JetBlue like this.
  9. JetBlue

Kobe didn’t have to be a saint for this to be tragic. All we know of the situation is that she went to the room for a celebrity trist, and they disagreed after the fact on whether she consented to the dark and musty snake hole or not.

101GangGreen101 and FJF like this.
  10. FJF

Without knowing much about why it went down, helicopters have an auto rotate for emergency landings that slows the speed . Unfortunately, helicopter crashes are violent at any speed. Too many moving parts. We lost one during my time with a helo squadron in the navy. Wet landing , crew swam away with minor injuries but the scene was a mess. I don’t think they survive hitting land in the same crash.

JetBlue likes this.
  11. 101GangGreen101

Have you flown in a helicopter since that incident? Thats some scary shit man.

12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

All Gas No Shake and JetBlue like this.
  13. FJF

I wasn’t in that one my friend was and never got in one again. But yea, I’ve flown after that. I took one across the whole country , not the most comfortable ride.

14. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I ALMOST brought up the rape allegation when I posted earlier but said, eh, gonna get jumped on, not worth it (not that I give that much of a crap about that). I left it alone mostly because his daughter died, not because he did. You have a bit of a fuzzy memory. He fully conceded and admitted as part of the settlement that the absence of consent may have occurred. Of course the word "may" will also get jumped on, but Michael Jackson didn't say "I concede that something inappropriate may have occurred at Neverland."

I agree that everyone has skeletons and also bad deeds right out there in broad daylight. In some elemental ways, I am painfully aware that I suck as a person. The fact that I don't lie to myself about that and also try to rectify it is the biggest reason why I get irritated with the rest of the human race. I also think it says something for me that I look at my actions unblinkingly. In my experience people really do think they are far better inside than they really are. I'm not too hard on myself in a handheld mirror. Conversely, most people are full of shit as to the real constitution of their soul and far too easy on themselves. It grates on me no end.

That aside, I'm not crapping on a dead guy. However, people also tend to look the other way when it's screamingly obvious that someone famous was a tremendous POS (i.e. see XXXTentacion . . . whoever the hell that was). As to @nyjetsmets89, having an unpopular opinion doesn't mean it's wrong. It just means that it's an unpopular opinion. Whatever happened there he and his wife stayed together and hammered it out, but I'd think having a daughter grow into adulthood might be looked at differently if they came home one day and related a regrettable situation that got out of hand. None of us was there, but I'm just throwing that out there.

"First, I want to apologize directly to the young woman involved in this incident. I want to apologize to her for my behavior that night and for the consequences she has suffered in the past year. Although this year has been incredibly difficult for me personally, I can only imagine the pain she has had to endure. I also want to apologize to her parents and family members, and to my family and friends and supporters, and to the citizens of Eagle, Colorado.

I also want to make it clear that I do not question the motives of this young woman. No money has been paid to this woman. She has agreed that this statement will not be used against me in the civil case. Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter.

I issue this statement today fully aware that while one part of this case ends today, another remains. I understand that the civil case against me will go forward. That part of this case will be decided by and between the parties directly involved in the incident and will no longer be a financial or emotional drain on the citizens of the state of Colorado." - Kobe Bryant

That's a giant block of shit that nobody wants to read.

15. 101GangGreen101

Thread was great while it lasted.

Mamba out.

All Gas No Shake and FJF like this.
  16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The bit about that chopper having special clearance to fly in foggy weather that had grounded the LAPD's choppers makes me really wonder. Why would anybody (not Kobe, the people who got that clearance whoever they were) pay to do something as unsafe as that? What's the survival value for a company in flying their vehicles in conditions that have grounded the professionals?

17. JetBlue

I believe it’s more of an issue that the pilot was certified to fly in weather via instruments not that the chopper had special permission. It wasn’t a mandate from the FAA or whoever governs flights that nobody fly so much as the LAPD deciding it wasn’t safe to fly.

Br4d likes this.
  18. nyjetsmets89

What got me was he didn’t even read that apology. He had his lawyer read it to the court. Great athlete and it’s sad his daughter had to be involved, but I’m not gonna put the dude on a pedestal. Mamba rolled snake eyes

19. nyjetsmets89

Oooo and I won’t disappoint. Just you wait.

20. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

That seems to be the assumption, a witness claimed they saw the Helicopter flying very low. I think the Pilot might have lost visibility due to the fog, and ended up panicking or losing control. Those helicopters have two pilots typically, only one was flying that day. Perhaps the Pilot had a medical emergency, or even drove it to the ground as a suicide attempt (not trying start a conspiracy, but its not the first time someones done that so its not impossible).

Im sure the facts will come out, but I do agree it was more likely pilot error than mechanical error.