2020 Draft - WR Prospects

Discussion in 'Draft' started by NCJetsfan, Jan 13, 2020.

1. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

i wouldnt take reagor with the 11 pick ... thats to high for him but i think The second round is a good spot for him....hes strong than most think....Raised in the NFL from his father.... he was a high jumper.. I believe he’ll be able to catch the ball in traffic....We’ll see how he does with senior bowl and the NFL combine

2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Jeudy and Lamb are legit threats. They are probably two of the safer picks in the draft.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Oh, no doubt those 2 are as bust proof as a WR prospect can be. What I meant was if we get a WR in the middle rounds, he better be at least a solid WR. I can see Douglas addressing the OL and pass rush before WR, especially if Jeudy and Lamb are taken before we pick.

#63 CotcheryFan, Jan 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  4. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I think it depends on trade back and what we are available in the 2nd. If we somehow get lucky and Jefferson is available in the 2nd (I doubt it) you take him. But then there could be a good pass rusher fall or OL. Really it's going to be hard to say what position is picked where. But I hope we take a wr and 2 ol in the first 3 rounds. Our other pick in those round could be a cb or edge. I just hope the first round is ol/wr.

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

6. NFLDayspast

NFLDayspast Active Member

Derek Brown or Jivan Kimlaw. This team will go interior line again if the WRs and OLs are gone- which is a distinct possibility.

7. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Then I will finally have a legitimate reason to get away from this shit hole of an organization :)

dawinner127 and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Kinlaw is the real deal. He pushed around that Georgia NFL offensive line when they beat them at home. He's a real pocket pusher and the hype around him is real. He's going to be a great 4-3 3T if used that way IMO. He'd be perfect in Seattle even though they have Reed already.

I don't want him but he's a player.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  9. FJF

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He's also the son of our wide receiver's coach. I'd imagine we're all over him. His stat line shows him as a four year contributors. I never noticed much of him when watching Florida, but he was buried as at least the #3 option behind Perine and Pitts in that offense.

NCJetsfan and FJF like this.
  11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

They will not. Why on earth would they do that? To begin with, that was the idiotic Mac that kept drafting DTs, not Douglas. Further they just took Quinnen Williams last year at #3, Foley Fatukasi has proven to be a great pick, and they have a very good and deep DL. Taking DL high has proven to not help the Jets. Unless Douglas is a complete moron as well, there is no reason why he should even be considering taking a DT in this draft.

Leicester Jet, NYJetsO12 and LAJet like this.
  12. FJF

Yea, Shawn Jefferson was a nice wr/ had a good career. Van has everything you want, he’s my second favorite Jefferson in the draft and wouldn’t mind him in the 4/5 range.

NYJFOREVER and NCJetsfan like this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It's funny. I remember Shawn Jefferson and thought he was a much better WR than he actually was (at least looking at his career stats). He never had a 1,000 season or came within sniffing distance of 100 catches in a season. I'm sure that his son Van is totally prepared to play in the NFL and should be able to contribute immediately.

That said, the TDN report below say he is maxed out athletically, has little, if any ceiling/upside, and will be 24 when he arrives in the NFL, but the clip, his pedigree and his route running would suggest that he could be effective. The report also talks about his "slight" frame, but 6'2" and 197 pounds isn't that slim.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/van-jefferson

PROS: Wicked route runner for the college level. Works release moves with intentionality and has every tool in the toolbox, to a level that many NFL players have not yet reached in their careers. Reads leverage and creates advantageous angles with ease and calmness -- is always one step ahead and knows how to throw different pitches throughout a game against the same opponent. Delightfully quick feet with good hip sink and solid change of direction ability make his releases NFL-caliber when athletic opponents improve. Does well to maintain leverage after building his route and will catch away from his frame to protect the football from opponents -- just great technique through and through. Gets after it as a blocker and will initiate, engage, and sustain contact.

CONS: Limited athletically and maxed out -- will be 24 before he takes his first NFL snap. Has a naturally slight frame without much masses and can accordingly got easily bodied off of his red line by physical corners; will get controlled at he break point by big players willing to initiate contact as well, though does well to draw flags with his effort through contact and against leverage. Often loses balance and has to false step on his breaks given the effort he throws into his head fakes and urgency with which he plays. Late hands flash to the ball at times when he's trying to pluck it out of the air and become a runner. Generally an average RAC player given lack of elite athletic ability. Likely cordoned to the slot at the next level with a low ceiling.

Updated: 12/17/19

14. FJF

Shawn played on some bad teams in a different era, but a career 15 yd/catch average isn’t too bad. It was a nice 13 year career. He was a pro,100 %. I’d take the same career from his son without hesitation ,especially with where he would get picked. His celling may not be high but his floor is. I think Gase would do for him what he’s doing for crowder. Add him to Jeudy(if no o line) Robbie, crowder, V. Smith . That’s a solid corp

NCJetsfan likes this.