Aaron Hernandez: An ID Murder Mystery

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by jetophile, Jan 20, 2020.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Started out compelling, went down dime-store novel alley. "Re-enactments", salacious stuff, meh. The second part was mostly about Alexander Bradley and Hernadez' second murder trial for the murders of Safiro Furtado and Daniel de Abreu. It was only an hour long as opposed to two, and in a way, it was too sparse to cover so much ground so fast. 1, 2. 3, he's dangling in a jail cell by his neck after his acquittal of the double murder with speculation being that he killed himself because of taunts and being made fun of on the radio by radio jocks ('tight end', 'wide receiver') over his sexuality. Coming from a background where machismo is everything, blah blah.

I'm not saying that isn't a remote possibility, but more of a combination of factors. Again, I think he offed himself because of how far he had fallen not because of any guilt over his actions. I don't think he had any of that at all. What I do think is that he was an impulsive, paranoid sociopath with a brain full of holes. That doesn't excuse his sociopathy, I just wish it explained it more. The why of it still looms large. I don't think his murder conviction had any chance whatsoever of getting overturned on appeal, but beating a double murder rap was nothing to kill himself over. Oh, and I think he did it.

P.S.: His H.S. friend, who is also completely delusional about Hernandez' guilt, offers up the salacious part: they fooled around! It was like Frau Blucher in 'Young Frankenstein': "He was my boyfriend!"

I'll see how Part III goes, but it was faring much better when it was sticking more closely to facts rather than suppositions. I think you can stream the ID Discovery show online somewhere, what do I know from these things. Anyway, I stumbled across a review of the Netflix doc, btw. Apparently it sucked.

2. DefenseWinsChampionships

I started to watch but not even 5 minutes into watching I realized I couldn't care less about the sissy punk and stopped watching and took my daughter out to the park. Give me a documentary on MLK Jr or someone who actually did good in life, and I'll actually have interest to sit and watch or even an alien documentary but Aaron Hernandez? lol, no thnx.

3. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I didn't realize that Hernandez was picked right AFTER the Jets took Joe McKnight in the 4th round. Such a weird coincidence, 2 guys picked back to back in the draft. Both dead before 30 of totally different but equally fucked up circumstances.