Maccagnan’s Legacy

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NFLDayspast, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yes you are. Because most who watched the games saw Darnold improve with a worse supporting cast that regressed and we added three wins to the win total.

2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Rhymes with Idzik.

3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Shut your filthy mouth or I'll shut it for you.

4. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

He was a terrible GM and aside from his few hits, he really shouldn't have made it past year 3.

A lot of his legacy rests on whether Sam pan's out, and this past season he seemed to not have taken the next step as I had hoped. A lot of that also falls on Maccagnan and his inability to surround Sam with legitimate talent, and always having to overpay for free agents, which led to some disasters like Trumaine Johnson.

Overall, if Sam works out then I'd give him a C-, if he doesn't then for sure an F

tomdeb and ColoradoContrails like this.
  5. NFLDayspast

NFLDayspast Active Member

You look at his first year and you don't see an improvement with Gase? If you are blind to that it is clear you just don't like Gase or Darnold.

6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I saw footwork that was possibly worse than a year ago; I saw accuracy that was no better than a year ago. At times I saw the "deer in the headlights" appearance that could have been expected a year ago but should not have existed this year. These are things where good coaching should have been able to make improvements and these are things that are primarily based on the QB himself not the supporting cast.

I'm not impressed with a few extra wins against the slate the Jets faced; a losing record is a losing record which is what was to be expected based on factual history. Is seven wins sufficient for you?

#86 Ralebird, Jan 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. Ralebird

See above. And I don't even know Gase or Darnold, why would I dislike either?

8. NFLDayspast

NFLDayspast Active Member

Darnold did not have a losing record- he went 7-6. Had they a sufficient backup and went 9-7 that would be sufficient for me with that roster. Crowder, Anderson, Herndon, Enunwa with Bell sprinkled in were supposed to be Darnold's weapons. Two went down incredibly weakening the receiving corps- the line was terrible. 7-6 is more than sufficient for me under those circumstances. Add in the fact the Jets won 4 games the year before and I am ecstatic about those 7 wins.

I don't know if you are serious or just saying silly things in a serious manner to get a reaction. Are you really criticizing a second year QB, who had been saddled with mono and the worst OL in the league and you have a problem with a "deer in headlights" look at times- in his second year in the league?

Vida likes this.
  9. Ralebird

Try to keep up; the question I responded to was not about Darnold but about Gase.

What you categorize as "silly" were things the coaching staff is charged with keeping from happening. What kind of help did Darnold get?