Chiefs made it to Superbowl for the first time after 50+ years. When will Jets do the same?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Glad to see Chiefs make it to the Superbowl. When do you think we will end the drought?

boozer32 likes this.
  2. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

When our FO figures out how to run a football team and the Owners let them.

Andy_M, AJW, Vida and 4 others like this.
  3. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

Im 59 yrs old been a fan since Namath...i hope before i die!!! something tells me don’t hold my Breath:(

4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

When the team gets a good OL, pass rusher, skill position talent, and wins 2 or 3 playoff games in a season.

5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Not in the foreseeable future...

Cman68 and Jets69 like this.
  6. BrickcityJet

BrickcityJet Well-Known Member

Two years?

The Dark Knight likes this.
  7. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

Not with the Johnsons owning the team. We are the Detroit Lions of the AFC. Always destined to loose with the trust fund brothers

8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Three years ago the Jets had just completed another losing season, and still had no FQB, or any real weapons on offense. In the draft after that season, while frustrated and disappointed - AGAIN! - I thought, "Okay, they'll try to snag a good QB prospect, hopefully Mahomes or Watson, and then we can start the ascent towards playoffs and a SB". Draft night comes, and what does the "genius" Maccagnan do? Not only does he pass on two of the best QB prospects we've seen in a while, but he takes a freaking Safety because "He was the BPA"! Then follows that up with taking ANOTHER FREAKING SAFETY!

Meanwhile, the Chiefs trade up to take Mahomes, even though they already had a QB better than anyone the Jets have had in years. Why? Because And Reid and their GM have forgotten more about winning football than the entire Jets FO and CS know between them.

And then what does our "brilliant" owner do? Rather than fire Macc for incompetence, he EXTENDS him and Bowles! If anyone were to call Chris and Woody idiot savants they'd only be half right.

Meanwhile Mahomes breaks almost every season record for a QB in his first season, and this year leads his team to the SB, bringing them from behind in the two plaoff games to do it.

So, I sit here, watching this, and having seen the Jets rack up another losing season with HC who shouldn't even be an OC, and huge holes STILL on the OL, WR, Pass Rush, and CB (that's all?), and knowing we're AT LEAST 2-3 years away even if Gase somehow becomes a good coach, or they fire his ass and luck into finding a good coach. It's sickening.

AJW, NCJetsfan, CBG and 5 others like this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

When Jets fans stop whining about the drought. ;)

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

If you watched either the Chiefs or Niners today and think we are anywhere remotely close to being at a Super Bowl level, seek help. Two great head coaches... we have a turd. Two great OL... we have one of the worst. Two dynamic offenses... we run WR screens on 3rd and 8. Today was a big time wake up call. And even worse, nothing will change until the ownership does and that ain’t happening anytime soon. We have an owner that thought Adam Gase was the best course of action for a football team in 2019 with a young QB that needs developing. Need I say any more?

Douglas is our only hope. The only guy with an actual respectable resume who has actually accomplished something in the NFL. Save us Joe.

AJW, Footballgod214, Vida and 3 others like this.
  11. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

JV

You are almost always voice of the reason. Do you believe in what you say now? Come on man. :)

12. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Ounce they get bounced to the CFL.

13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

That's what is so depressing and frustrating.

14. DefenseWinsChampionships

Sam Darnold could be many of our last hope. We must not only build an offensive line around this kid but also provide him with explosive playmakers to get the ball in the hands of.

Which is why I'm all for paying Robbie Anderson while drafting either Jeudy or Lamb while giving our kid QB in Sam Darnold a dynamic trio of WR's consisting of true #1 WR in Jeudy/Lamb as a game breaker, Robbie Anderson now as a speed burning and big play waiting to happen within the form of a deep threat #2 WR on the outside along with Jamison Crowder coming out of the slot as a natural slot receiver who can get open for 10-15+ catch performance ability.

That's a sick trio of WR's. Chris Herndon becomes another pass catching weapon. Le'Veon Bell if we keep is another 60-80 receptions per year for Darnold to find.

And from there through both the draft and free agency focus on our offensive line not only this year but next off-season as well.

Sam Darnold could be a lot of Jet fans last hope. We've gotta provide him with not only an offensive line but skilled player weapons too. Just like Mahomes has in K.C; offensive weapons. Fire power. Give Darnold an improved O-Line behind some more offensive fire power and we'll become playoff contenders for the next 15 years Sam Darnold is a winner and Joe Douglas must build around him.

AJW likes this.
  15. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

If Darnold makes a quantum leap they can be there next year I think.

Re-sign Robby.

Take a flier on AJ Green.

Get speed at RB eff Bell.

They have to build up this offense to give Darnold the best chance to become what we hope he is.

16. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

There's no timeline in the world that can predict that one.

17. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

2 days before the heat death of the universe.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

At least he said "drought," not "coach."

19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

How does such pie-in-the-sky confidence in Darnold develop? Shouldn't he have been required to impress us a bit first?

20. mark82

mark82 Active Member

When I come to NY for my 40th birthday and get to a game

Season 2022