BPA?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by NFLDayspast, Jan 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I'm usually for BPA, but I think team need has to be considered.

The Jets are "lucky" that they're in a position at 11 where they can most likely take BPA and fill a huge need whether it be at OL, WR, or CB.

FJF and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don't think any logical team stacks their board strictly based on best place available. There are a lot of years where I'm sure teams rate safeties, centers and guards in the tops of their player rankings but stay away from them because they don't make logistical sense at the top of the draft.

Example; I would imagine we rate Derrick Brown and Delpit extremely high. But I'd hope we don't think about taking either.

NCJetsfan, NYJFOREVER and J-Raw24 like this.
  3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Griffin is 30. That's retirement age for a TE. Maybe we'll get lucky. The other guys all have issues also. If you see a guy on one of the 3rd round picks that sets your heart on fire you take him.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I sure hope that you're right!

5. NCJetsfan

The problem with that is if Thomas and Wirfs are gone, Jeudy and Lamb are much better than Wills and Becton imo. If you agree with that rating, would you reach for Becton or Wills? I'd love to add Becton and hopefully he rises, so that if we miss on Thomas and Wirfs, we can nab Becton, but it would be very difficult for me to pass on Lamb and/or Jeudy. If I thought I had a very good chance to get Justin Jefferson in the 2nd round, I wouldn't hesitate to take Becton, but while I know there are lots of good WR prospects, the only three that I really covet are Lamb, Jeudy and Jefferson. If you could get one of those three in the 1st round and then one of Trey Adams or Josh Jones or maybe Becton in the 2nd, would you do that?

#25 NCJetsfan, Jan 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    Mogriffjr and J-Raw24 like this.
  6. NCJetsfan

The Panthers definitely have a need at DT and CB, and that's the two positions I've seen mocked to the Panthers so far, but imo their biggest need is OL to protect Cam and open holes for McCaffrey. I think that's what they'll do, but they could easily take another QB if they've decided to move on from Cam after this coming season.

7. The tragedy is Brown has a chance to be better than every one of the 6 the Jets have drafted.

But no the Jets simply cant draft him. And very doubtful he makes it out of top 10.Think he’ll get consideration from Lions & even the Giants if Thomas isnt there.

#27 KurtTheJetsFan, Jan 17, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2020
    J-Raw24 likes this.
  8. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

This is exactly it. I think as far as nfl career he has higher potential than more than half the ones going top 10. But if we take him I will be furious.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

BPA??!

That was the only word Maccagnan understood and frankly don’t want to hear it mentioned for the next 20 years lol!!!

It’s synonymous will BUSt a la Len Williams
    If there’s a Blue Chip OL or WR at 11 ya grab him or get a Kings Ransom trading back

10. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Put me in the camp of building the OL. Look at the 49'ers, Titans, Ravens as examples of teams with strong O-Lines. All made the playoffs with two still playing. Need to protect Darnold and go WR later in the draft plus their is FA where they can also address some needs. OL has to be a priority though.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Fixed the Chase position.

I saw a few mocks of the Chargers taking Herbert - wouldn't surprise me as it looks like the Rivers era may be coming to an end. That may push Simmons down to our laps and more trade offers.

BudJet likes this.
  12. NFLDayspast

NFLDayspast Active Member

I have tried- for some reason I can't upload an avatar.

13. NFLDayspast

I am sorry- this version maybe the tough to understand.

Cincy- Joe Burrow
    Washington- the good edge rusher- Chase
    Lions- a trade with a team in Need of a QB- New England perhaps or another team. The pick will be Tua. Matt Patricia is on the hot seat- I think they try and land as many picks as possible because they need to win next year and are not a cornerback away.
    Giants- I think they trade the pick as well. They are not in the market for a franchise QB. I think the pick is Herbert.
    Dolphins- Akuda the CB- they get burned on the QB route and draft the BPA, looking to the next tier and their next first rounder.
    Chargers- Austin Jackson OT USC
    Panthers- Brown DT Auburn
    Cards- Jerry Jeudy WR
    Jags- Thomas OT Georgia
    Browns- Fulton CB
    Jets- Cee Dee Lamb or Tristen Wirfs

101GangGreen101 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  14. NFLDayspast

Do you remember Kyle Brady and the famed two tight end set.

15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

nah no need to apologize, I was messin with ya but respect on providing a mock.

I can't see the Lions making a trade for a QB, Stafford was having a really good year before the injury. That secondary is awful so look for them to address it. However, that is a prime spot for someone to get a QB, should Tua have no red flags.

If I am picking Lamb or Wirfs, people will bash me but I am picking Wirfs. He's a big physical lineman that can move in space. No sense in having weapons if you can't get the protection. Go after a Justin Jefferson / Tyler Johnson in the 2nd.

Oh and bring back Robby

NCJetsfan and FJF like this.
  16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I'm torn. Because it's a deep enough draft class to get good receivers in the second through fourth. But it's also a good to great offensive line free agency class. So I guess it depends what we get in FA and what happens with Robby Anderson.

I suspect he will leave which really leaves us in a shitty situation in the draft early.

NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  17. NFLDayspast

That secondary is so bad, the Lions would probably be better trading down and getting an extra second and third round pick this year. I think the going rate to trade up will be a second and third rounder and those two extra picks and their first rounder would make the Lions secondary better than just Akuda.

The Steelers jump out at me but I don't know if they have a first rounder. If they don't think Rudolph is the long term answer and Tomlin likes a QB this is the year to trade up.

18. J-Raw24

To go from near 20 or after to 3rd will cost a lot more than a 1st/2nd/3rd. To go from 6th to 3rd cost us a 1st and multiple 2nd. Patriots moving up would be 2 1st and more.

19. NFLDayspast

I would not compare those two drafts because many teams were looking to trade up and looking for their QB of the future.

20. J-Raw24

And many teams aren't now? Bucs, San Diego, Miami, maybe Pittsburgh, Cinci obviously...

FJF likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.