2019-2020 New York Islanders thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by CBG, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

are you EFFING kidding me what the hell is he thinking / doing ? Terrible penalty to take

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

and there you have its game over

3. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

disgusting....

Red Menace likes this.
  4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

At some point Trotz has to make a drastic change. These guys aren’t going to miraculously become better than they are.

Red Menace likes this.
  5. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

This just isn't a very good team.

Red Menace likes this.
  6. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Josh Bailey with his 9th goal of the season, this guys is playing as a top line forward and he has 9 goals!

I know Trotz has a defensive system in place but he had the same system in Washington and they averaged 3 goals a game.

This can’t be sitting well with anyone in that organization, I mean c’mon!

There are 10 defenseman that have more goals and points than Josh Bailey.

9 goals, hahahahaha

CBG and JetBlue like this.
  7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

its not Trotz its LOU---Trotz can only coach these guys so much and if they are not going to be buyers at the deadline then they should be sellers as to go on like this is insanity

JetBlue likes this.
  8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Menace how is it watching Ryan EFFING Strome with 14 goals and 30 assists ? Thats what a guy like Pannarin does for a guy like Strome and an entire team and their power play

Red Menace likes this.
  9. JetBlue

I agree. Lou’s biggest mistake was thinking these guys could replicate last season. Either trade some prospects to improve this team or break up this team which was flawed to begin with.

CBG likes this.
  10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Does this team hold the record for giving up goals in the last minute of play that either lose it or cause a tie?

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

If the GM cannot pull a rabbit out of his ass and get this team offensive help ASAP then I say do this correctly and trade/ sell/ dump whatever players you can at the deadline and rebuild it the proper way as this team has a great system and is not that far off but without the players / horses it does not matter as the way they are currently constructed they will not win squat.

12. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I am starting to think the game has passed Lou by. I wouldn't mind if he stays on as President as he has made the Isles a professional NHL team again unlike the clown show they were under Wang/Snow/Weight. But he needs to hire a GM who is more in tune with the game today. Look at the rebuild the Rangers GM is doing. I hate to say this but they are building the team the right way and they are not the far off from being a real good team in a year or two most likely. Trotz can only do so much. This team just flat out sucks on offense. The defense is fine, the goaltending is fine, the coach is great, the system the Isles play solid. When you are constantly playing 1-1, 2-2 type of games almost all the time then the margin for error is zero. It has to be exhausting for the players to have to play the perfect game all the time simply because the offense never bails them out.

CBG likes this.
  13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Greg = EXACTLY. Not to mention how painful this is for us to watch. I can easily see the trade deadline ( once again ) coming and going and zero moves made at that point I throw in the towel and concentrate on baseball but until then I will hold out hope

14. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Same here. I wont throw in the towel yet as they are 28-14-4 but this team needs a shakeup. If it doesn't happen then this team will either be one and done or they won't make it at all. At that time I will be paying attention to the Yankees and what JD is doing in the offseason to improve the Jets with the draft and FA. I will be paying attention to all of this anyway even if the Isles get their season back on track.

15. JetBlue

I’d assume the Kings would want to shed the Kopitar and Doughty contracts by now, though Doughty has a NMC. Kopitar’s deal is actually somewhat reasonable after this season, but Doughty’s is a bloated mess. But both would be great in Trotz’s system.

16. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Do you guys think we need a separate hockey forum, like the one for baseball?

CBG likes this.
  17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Your call Petro ,,,might not be a bad idea

18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Last game before the All-Star break! Holtby in net today. Should be interesting to see how he responds to being borderline benched for Samsonov, and likely on his way out after the Backstrom extension. Good luck, fellas!

CBG likes this.
  19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I actually forgot all about this game today-------I am recording the game and will watch it later but I hear the power play looks outstanding today and that even with a 5 on 3 we cannot get a shot on net never mind score.

20. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

That might have been have been their best period of the season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.