BPA?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by NFLDayspast, Jan 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NFLDayspast

NFLDayspast Active Member

I think there will be many draft day trades. My answer to this question is no but wanted to see if anyone disagrees. If the OTs and WRs are off the board by #11 and for some reason Derrek Thomas is there should the Jets go the best player available route and take him?

I say no- if they can't trade down they are in a position to reach on a guy with the 11th pick.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure you mean Brown... Not Thomas. And no... we take someone like Becton if he rises which some here think he will from combine-proday. Or Justyn Jefferson who is already moving up boards.

3. NFLDayspast

NFLDayspast Active Member

You are right- I did mean Brown.

4. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

I can't imagine all the OT's and WR's will be gone when the Jets are on the clock. IMO, there's at least 2 QB's , (and Herbert's stock is rising fast) a CB and 3 defensive players I feel very good about going in the top 10 - it's getting cramped - Jets will have one of their guys sitting there at 11, and if it's Jeudy or Lamb, take one or trade down - someone's going to call them.

5. J-Raw24

I think if Thomas or Wirfs is there I would take them. I would also make a strong case for Lamb. Wills I don't like there, he's ok yes... but think about how many times Tua gets banged up and he has to play backwards. Not saying he can't or that the injuries are his fault but there is a possibility. I would have to go back and watch the film. But if Douglas watches and like him then take him. If he has questions then you trade back.

joe likes this.
  6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

We gotta get you another avatar my man. Because it keeps showing up as a broken image with a link.

7. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Looking at this from a roster/need pount of view.

We've had a bad 5 years recently with drafting and having talent. And Joe needs 15 picks between rounds 1-4 in the next 3 years to start changing this team.

WR's in the first round bust a lot and i would rather trade down and pick up picks for our ex OL GM to gather picks and fill this roster.

Biggest thing in the next 3 months is i want all top 4 qbs to go crazy and get teams wanting them, were in a position to get a decent trade

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Take an offensive lineman or trade back (so you can take more offensive linemen). Those are the only two acceptable options. We're becoming dangerously close to ruining Darnold for good because we didn't build a wall in front of him. If they used every draft pick in the upcoming draft on offensive linemen (in hopes of finding three of four starters), I wouldn't complain.

9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

BPA at a need is where I’m at. Really hope Simmons, Brown, & Herbert go before us so that means Wirfs, Lamb or Jeudy will most likely be there.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

You cant make this topic and not tell us how you think picks 1 through 10 go down ...

FJF likes this.
  11. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Wirfs or Thomas would be my 1-2 - take your pick - I would not be at all disappointed taking Lamb or Jeudy though. It's tough call but being JD was an offensive lineman would he lean towards the tackles? If he doesn't make a big hit in the FA market in this area, it would be obvious what pos. he would pick.

12. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

I just think the WR spot is LOADED this draft. Grab the best OT available and then go get a WR in the 2nd round, there will be a lot available still that can make a big impact.

FJF likes this.
  13. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

If this team takes Derrick Brown at 11, I will personally post a video of myself burning every piece of Jets memorabilia I own.

They cannot take another IDL in back to back years and for the 6th time in 11 years.

14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I’m a bpa guy in the first round as a rule but I agree.

15. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

HERE IS HOW I SEE THE DRAFT GOING.
    1- CINCY......Burrows QB
    2- WASH.......Chase OL
    3-LIONS.......Okuda CB
    4-GIANTS......Thomas OT
    5- FINS.........Taga..... QB
    6- CHARGERS.....Simmons LB
    7- PANTHERS......Brown DL
    8-CARDS........... Lamb WR
    9- JAGS.............Fulton CB
    10-BROWNS....Wills OT
    11- JETS.......... JUDY WR or WIRF OT

MY PREFRENCE PICKS IN ORDER= THOMAS, WIRF, WILLS, JUDY, LAMB, OKUDA

BomberJet, NCJetsfan and GWjet like this.
  16. J-Raw24

I think even if he gets a tackle he could still grab another. Only Castonzo is best LT (maybe only big LT?) And he's getting older and already mentioned retirement. The other big one I could see is Conklin and he's an RT. I would be ok with Conklin but I think we would resign beachum if even if we got him. Then we could go into draft with both positions secure and not have to worry one of them isn't available. Personally I am hoping for Scherff and Beachum back. Then if we draft on they can play RT. If we take a wr, we still upgraded the line.

17. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

BPA-OL or BPA-WR this time.

NCJetsfan and Br4d like this.
  18. J-Raw24

In round 1 that's what I'm hoping. But non of the good ones are there you gotta trade back. There are other target later like Becton if he moves up like some of us think, Jefferson who would be great for Darnold, Shenault, all later in the round and will add more draft capital. I think as long as we get 2 ol and 1 wr in the first 3 rounds I would be happy. If we trade back and get an extra 2nd and possible 3rd (see Pittsburgh trade late year) then I would go 2 OL 1 WR then add edge, cb, or another ol. I could also see a second wr at some point. Also this we should go for a rb and maybe kicker later.

BomberJet and NCJetsfan like this.
  19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'd setup like that on every pick this year and if I got blown away by an edge, CB, RB or TE dropping on picks 3 to 7 I'd deviate for the value. I'd make sure I got at least 2 OL and WR's out of the draft and not in places that were a wing and a prayer.

The OL needs to be built, not patched. The Jets already have a fine slot receiver. Use the draft to flesh out the positions that Darnold and Gase need to make the offense strong. Since it takes commitment to build the line there will need to be multiple quality picks and at least one depth pick there. WR's play on an island and have to be able to win one-on-one battles or they're just doing windsprints during the game.

20. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I disagree about TE and agree about the other positions. With Griffin, Herndon, and Wesco on the depth chart, I'd avoid taking a TE this year. While none of them are stars yet, Griffin built chemistry with Darnold this season and Herndon did so last season. They can be a very good combination next season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.