2019 NFL Playoffs - Conference Championships

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by NYJ79, Jan 12, 2020.

1. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

AFC Championship 3PM CBS
    Titans @ Chiefs

NFC Championship 6:40PM FOX
    Packers @ 49ers

Gimme both home teams, though the thought of a Tannehill vs G-a-r-o-p-p-o-l-o SB amuses me greatly.

Who ya got?

#1 NYJ79, Jan 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    matt robinson 17 and FJF like this.
  2. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I got seeing at least four different spellings of Garoppolo this week!

3. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

HAH! I thought I had 2 P's and 1 L this time. Sheesh.

4. statjeff22

No fair editing it! This still counts as two spellings so far.

5. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Chiefs-Packers

But I say that with little confidence, i'm sure StateFarm will love it

[​IMG]

6. statjeff22

I'll go with the home teams, but Rodgers is certainly good enough to carry the team on his back. The only other question is whether Henry can rush for 180+ yards against a division champion for a fourth straight week, because I don't see Tennessee winning otherwise.

7. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

KC is so explosive that I don't think the Titans win even if Henry goes off again. They can't win a track meet with them, and after what I saw today I don't think their D can hold them back.

If you asked me which QB I'd bet on in the clutch, it's Rodgers hands down over Garoppolo. But overall I'll take the Niners' D over the Packers offense, but just barely. Though I'd much rather watch the State Farm All-Stars in the SB than Jimmy G.

8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Good God. He ran 180+ against Texans, Pats and Ravens back to back. All Division Champs. This Titans run is similar to what Giants did back in 2011. I didn't believe in that team yet they proved me wrong each week. I feel like Titans might make the game interesting. I will be rooting for the Chiefs due to Andy Reid. I want him to win one before he retires. Great coach without a ring.

On NFC side I am almost certain that Packers will win. I will be surprised if 49ers win. But I have no preference between 49ers and Packers there. I hope it is a good game.

9. statjeff22

Over/under on the number of new State Farm commercials on the SB broadcast if the Packers and Chiefs make it?

Edit: I'm assuming they already have them in the can - hopefully Mahomes and Rodgers won't be taking time out to film commercials during the two week break!

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Conspiracy theory: The NFL's been rigging the whole season to get a Chiefs-Packers Super Bowl for the 100th anniversary. :eek:

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Rodgers is going to really need to learn to check the ball down if they want to have a chance against that pass rush. He didn't do it in the first meeting and he's really been unwilling to do so.

I don't know if LaFleur doesn't build it into plays or what. But with Aaron Jones I'd be throwing him the ball in the flats all game long and letting him churn me out first downs.

As far as Chiefs/Titans, they once again match up well with a team. Kevin Byard is one of the most underrated defenders in the NFL. Versatile and a true playmaker. The secondary is great in general even if they didn't put it together in the regular season. The excellent secondary play is way overshadowed by how well Henry carried them, but it's been really good.

The real matchup is going to be Titans pass rush vs. Chiefs brick wall. If there's no pressure, Mahomes will have another big day (and I suspect him to do so).

Brook! likes this.
  12. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Either game could go either way. But like you I think the titans vs chiefs will be the better game. I think if the Titans can get after Mahomes and start hitting him they have a chance. If Mahomes gets to sit in that pocket it's going to be brutal.

On the other games I think Jones won't be as productive as a runner. SF dline will stuff him often. But as a receiver in the flats he could easily be a game changer. If the keep him iin the backfield most of this game the secondary on needs to shutdown adams, which I think they are more capable of than Seattle for sure.

13. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Of these, the best Super Bowl would be Titans/49ers, so that's the result I'm after.

14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Oof. Not for me. KC vs 49ers. Lets see this high flying offense vs an elite D. I have no interest in watching the Titans.

15. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Chiefs vs Packers would be the most exciting but the Mahomes love is of the charts so I would like to see Tennesse get in.

FJF likes this.
  16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Clearly based off the commercials, the league is setting up a Rodgers - Mahomes matchup

Brook! and FJF like this.
  17. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I'l love to see a Green Bay-Kansas City Super Bowl rematch of Super Bowl 1 or 2 forgot which one it was.

I've never seen KC play in a Super Bowl in my lifetime so it'd be something new.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  18. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Titans aren't a sexy team but I'm excited for anything not the Patriots.

BacktoQueens and papapump like this.
  19. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

What commercial was Seahorn and Shannon Sharpe in when it was Ravens vs. Giants? That was some sort of insurance right?

EDIT: Charles Schwab

20. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Andy Reid must feel like Methusala compared to those youngsters LaFleur Shanahan and Vrabel

I think the Point Spread is uncannily accurate ...Predict both Favorites to just cover by 8 or 10 point range