Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

They do get the redskins next year. same-same

Ralebird and BrowningNagle like this.
  2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

You still don't get it. A whole lot more goes into completely breaking down and rebuilding a program than just X's and O's and W's and L's.

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It's true. But that process is nowhere near the same as building an NFL team. There is no recruitment and there are no throw away years.

There's a far larger list of college coaches that failed in the pros than those that succeeded.

J-Raw24, FJF and NYJFOREVER like this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Gase is 0 for 1 in bringing the Lombardi Trophy home for the Jets. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Coaches with much better resumes too

6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Good thing or the Jets would lose to them too.

Brook! likes this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

First, this is false equivalency, implying that all three coaches had the same credentials and experience, which they obviously do not. Two of these HCs actually have career winning pcts. over .500, unlike the current HC of the Jets. And it's this losing record - quite a bit under .500, accrued over 4 years that made many of us see that Gase is just not a good HC.

Now you may disagree, and I know you will, but before you point to how Belichick had a losing record as a HC before he went to the Patriots, let's qualify that. BB spent years learning under Parcells, after which he became HC of the Browns at 38 - the same age as when Gase became HC of Miami. But unlike Gase, after being fired after 4 years, he didn't jump into his next HC gig, he again went to work for Parcells and continued his education for another 3 years.

As to people like me being too quick to decide he should be fired, even before he finished one season here, it's not like he was a first time HC, or had no prior body of work to judge. The bulk of his "accomplishments" are nothing more than recommendations by other people. But when you apply for a job, the hiring person doesn't just look at your letters of recommendation, they also look at what you ACTUALLY accomplished, at least good hiring people do. The bad hiring people usually rely more on hearsay and the personal interview, and their "gut".

Yes, it's possible that Gase figures out how to be a good HC, but I doubt that will happen as coach of the Jets, and if it does it will probably be because he was given so many opportunities to learn from his mistakes, that we Jets fans will have to endure another 3 plus years of losing. At best, Gase is maybe a run of the mill HC, which means unless Douglas gifts him with a powerhouse roster, he;s not going to lead the Jets to a SB.

truthbtold likes this.
  8. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Gase is 1-0 at getting a stupid ass GM fired though. That in itself should've guaranteed him a year 2.

9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Bengals, Dolphins, etc.

Who turned down whom has been rumored but never determined.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

The same Dolphins that beat two playoffs teams? Stephen F. Austin beat Northwestern State and the University of the Incarnate Word.

11. Ralebird

Any given Sunday.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

So can we say that the other way around in the Bengals beating the Jets? Or it's a one way street?

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

any given Saturday.

besides Incarnate Word has a deadly passing attack

14. BroadwayAaron

of course it’s completely different. My point is we shouldn’t be trying to conflate Gase and Rhule
    I understand this and realize Rhule isn't a slam dunk. The issue was pretending fans would have called for Rule's head if we had the same season. I would say 90% of fans that rightfully want Gase out the door are basing their decision not only on what a poor job he did this year, but how poor of a job he's done since 2015. He's been flat out bad for years so there's really nothing that says he has the ability to do the job he's hired to do. Meanwhile Rhule has turned around two programs and like I said, that's not just wins and losses, it's a culture thing. He cleaned up Art Briles' mess and had Baylor borderline in playoff contention. I know it's different in the pros, but at least he's succeeded as a head coach on some level. Gase never has and most likely never will.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Saw this on Twitter earlier and I'm curious where you guys have him fall.

16. BroadwayAaron

I mean considering he's an offensive coach that has produced a bottom 8 offense every year he's been a coach, plus has an overwhelmingly losing record... there's only one correct choice.

ColoradoContrails and SOJAZ like this.
  17. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Mehta's anti-Gase article in the News today was a disgrace. Can't wait until the club makes a playoff run which will be soon.

18. Ralebird

Of course it goes both ways. But which team played better when the Bengals beat the Jets?

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

which team do you think played better? lol. groundbreaking stuff here

20. Ralebird

The article begins:

"The fear of the unknown steers the majority down the seemingly safe path. We place our faith in what we think we know rather than what could be when venturing into unfamiliar territory.

The Giants’ unconventional decision to hire Joe Judge has prompted a fair question in the New York football community.

Who’s in better hands: The Giants or Jets?"
    Sounds pretty legitimate to me; where's the "disgrace?"

Mehta lays out the facts and figures of Gase's tenure aa a headcoach and compares it to Judge's lack of head coaching experience. Why is that a problem?

The article ends this way:

"You know what you’re getting from Gase. The Jets might be content with those results, but that should not be the barometer for the Giants.

You don’t know what the future holds for Judge.

The unknown looks much more appealing in this case."
    Again, what's the problem?

Here's the link to the complete article: https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/...0200109-boif4dunwrfaxknbrh46kau5e4-story.html

ColoradoContrails likes this.