Joe Judge will be Giants next HC

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by CotcheryFan, Jan 7, 2020.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

And 7 years. That’s just insane. It’s not like there’s been a parade of coaches successfully making the jump from college to pros or he is winning titles People are acting like this is saban or Carroll making the jump.

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

CHIMP KELLY BURSTING ONTO THE SCENE

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

To be honest, I like this hire for the Giants. Saban and Belli connection and I heard on radio about his intensity and attention to detail etc. Might be the right guy to grow with Daniel Jones. Who knows. I hope he fails though. For once I want Jets dominate the football scene in New York for like 10 years and Giants to become the laughingstock. They are halfway there already but I want worse for them.

TonyFtLaud and NCJetsfan like this.
  4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Gase also worked under Saban so take that for it's worth.

themorey likes this.
  5. 101GangGreen101

I expect a playoff berth by the Jets next year. The right moves can push my current trajectory of the Jets from Sams rookie year to now.

6. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Given the tougher schedule, roster deficiencies, and Sam not taking a big leap in year 2, 8-8 is my ceiling for the 2020 team at this point. We also have no idea if Douglas can find talent in the draft. I do like how he has said that the trenches are important.

7. 101GangGreen101

I will predict my record after the draft. I had them pegged at 9 wins this past season, if they were healthy this would've been accomplished IMO. Despite the backlash on the head coach. Another year with Sam in the same system and I think we will exceed expectations. The system itself is not bad, but the play-calling is suspect. Sam must work on his deep ball accuracy and overall game. Make the offense his and get his team in certain situations via audibles, taking that next step being in this same offense will kick start the offensive production.

It's obvious, the Jets will address the offensive line. Look for Bell to have a bounce-back year. Bringing Mosley back, if the production on D is about the same or improved, we are getting in. Schedule doesn't mean much, teams trend all of the time.

NYJFOREVER and dawinner127 like this.
  8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

On Sirius Xm , C Russo was blasting Tisch and Mara for not doing their due diligence with M Rhule essentially letting D Tepper steal him away for Carolina. Not one Giants fan who called in, some with 25k worth of Seasons tix, were happy with J Judge.

LMAO..Giants owners are outdumbing the Johnsons

#48 NYJetsO12, Jan 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

The system and Sam will be exponentially better if they can jump from the 31st ranked pass pro to somewhere around 15.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  10. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

This is misleading. Our predicted schedule doesn't mean much, so it isn't worth getting too caught up in how good the teams on next year's schedule look. However, that isn't the case for our past schedule. We know for a fact that our 2019 schedule was the easiest in the league, and it was made even easier since we barely had to travel, and our last game was against backups. Even if our 2020 schedule turns out to be easier than expected, it will still be significantly harder than our 2019 schedule.

11. 101GangGreen101

The road will be tougher but still gotta play the games. I like the talent on this team despite Gase's questionable decisions.

The good news is a bulk of the wildcard contenders will be coming to MetLife. Denver, Cleveland and Oakland. Teams trend.

12. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

I was very intrigued by Rhule last year, in fact of all the potential hires he was the one I really liked. His record as a programme builder was very much along the lines of what I wanted for the Jets. I could understand the experience knocks though and the reason we didn't hire him. It's a huge gamble and one that even I might have shied away from if I had been making the decision. A 7 year deal is someone going all in on the programme builder record and understanding that there will be many bumps in the road. It is, in political speak, an extremely brave (read foolhardy) move but one that will create generations of angst on TGG if it works out. I'm not sure it would have worked out in NY regardless.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I mean if you looked at this years schedule, you also thought that Philly and Dallas had the potential the be juggernauts given their rosters. Cincinnati wasn't projected to be the worst team in the league and Jacksonville was supposed to take a step forward with their elite defense and the $80 million man.

Things change so much in the off-season that it's so difficult to really predict. You can count on certain teams being really good in the AFC (Ravens, Patriots, Chiefs) but the rest is usually up in the air. Don't forget how much injuries affect teams as well.

I'm not sure if it's still active but wasn't there a long 10+ year streak of at least 4-5 teams missing the playoffs the year following a berth?

14. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Rhule took really bad situations in Temple and Baylor and turned them both into 10+ win programs in short time. The guy's clearly got a plan and formula that work. I have a feeling we'll be hearing about him in the league for a long time. And we got Adam Gase. Idiot fucking Johnsons and Jets.

15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

And how many coaches successfully made the jump from college to the pros? Two? Harbaugh and Carroll? Carroll was also a pro coach first.

Rhule is highly overrated. He seems like a good dude and a decent coach but he needed more seasoning in college. He turned a couple programs around but he's still only 5 games over .500 as a head coach with one college bowl win and coached one year as a a lower tier assistant in the NFL.

I don't understand why he became the flavor of the week so quickly.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

With the exception of Mike Vrabel, the BB coaching tree is pretty much a stump.

Everyone says the same positive thing about the Patriots coaches, then they leave, they flop, they go back to the Patriots.

People will eventually realize that BB scheme is not that easy to take to another team because you have to cheat a little to make it work, and no other team has Brady running an offensive scheme for 14 years.

I say Joe Judge will fail as Giants HC within two years.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

As much as I like Callahan, there is a stigma that his offensive scheme is too complicated, he never seems to get out from that cloud and never gets interviewed for some reason.

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Rhule loaded up on cupcakes. Baylor had the easiest schedules of any major conference college team. I mean incredibly easy. I think he will struggle in the NFL.

dunno anything about this Joe Judge guy though

19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Strictly as the o line coach.

NCJetsfan and Red Menace like this.
  20. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

No clue how this hire will go, but right now I offer Gase to Giants for Judge....we are giving them
    a QB Whisperer/offensive Genius!!!