New York Jets #2 in attendance in 2019

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Yup. Jets had a super easy travel schedule last season, never left our time zone even once. This means our opponent's fans lived close by too. It will be different next season when we play half our games on the left coast.

2. nycarl

nycarl Active Member

TV money is divided evenly between all the teams. Number of times on prime time means nothing to a team's bottom line. With merchandise, if you have a few big names like Sam and Jamal you sell plenty of jerseys and things. The key is the TV money.

ESPN pays $2 billion a year for Monday Night Football and one wild card NFL playoff game that airs on ABC and ESPN.
    Fox pays $1.1 billion a year for the NFC television package and its playoff games.
    CBS pays $1 billion a year for the AFC television package, its playoff games, and an additional $230 million for five Thursday night football games.
    NBC pays $950 million for Sunday Night football, some playoff games, and an additional $230 million for five Thursday night football games.
    DirecTV pays $1.5 billion a year for the NFL Sunday Ticket.

That's $4.55 billion a year divided equally between 32 teams = $142,187,500 gross income to each team each year before they sell a ticket, a parking space, a beer, a burger or local radio rights. Minus salaries and operating costs like travel expenses, everything else is just profit. Any team could give away all tickets free and just make plenty of money from $25-50 parking, $8 beers and $12 burgers without any trouble.

There is absolutely no financial incentive to put a quality winning team on the field ever. And there is no reason for any city or state to ever give any money to build a stadium ever. The NFL is literally drowning in money.
    https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/how-much-do-the-nfl-and-tv-partners-make-a-year-030117/

#22 nycarl, Jan 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    Since1969 and Brook! like this.
  3. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Yeah there is, because nobody is going to Py top dollars for a contract with a shitty project. That's why companies like Twitter and Amazon goi involved. Because nobody want to pay for a Thursday night package at what the NFL wanted that would feature bad teams with no flex.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

nycarl likes this.
  4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Second place is first place loser! Like others have said, asses in the seats don't mean Jets fans asses are in the seats. Speaking of asses, one of the "amenities" pushed during the PSL shilling debacle was that The New Dump would have wider seats. Way to cater to America's obesity problem. Eat our crappy, overpriced, concessions, have an easier time wedging your fat fckn ass into our new, drab, gray, lifeless, sterile, waiting room chairs at the morgue. I mean, the Stadium.

Funny, I never did get an answer to one the Front Office's many string of big, fat lies - speaking of fat - about PSL holders receiving special offers to concerts. You wanna know why? Not only didn't anyone ever receive any such thing, but they didn't have a comeback for how a Jets PSL Owner and a Giants PSL Owner could be offered the same seat to the same venue. Wait! Now I see clearly! The other side to the kickass "amenity" of accommodating America's collective weight problem is that they didn't want to discriminate! If you're fit and slim, you could share ass cheeks in the same seat for the same event! I hope no-one for fell for any of that malarkey. It was something there was no logistical way to come clean about. I hope everyone enjoyed the concerts they never got to see! Because that PSL is special! Like a VIP card to Palookaville!

5. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

How did you come up with a total of $4.5B? The article notes a $7B figure.

nycarl likes this.
  6. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

This is so dumb and more proof that stats without context mean nothing

Jets69 likes this.
  7. nycarl

nycarl Active Member

Well, it was 1:51am and I was on my fourth rum and coke, with a Shiner beer chaser - best beer made in Texas imho. Looks like my numbers weren't even close!
    $2.0+1.1+1.0+.23+.95+.23+1.5= $7.01 billion. Divided by 32 is $219 million per team per year. That's better, l think. Tonight it's two ales and two glasses of red wine at 2:44. Still a couple more hours until bedtime... maybe 5 or so.

Brook! and BomberJet like this.
  8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

So does arithmetic.

Cheers!

nycarl and BomberJet like this.