Josh Allen!!!!

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by BuffaloPhysco, Apr 28, 2018.

1. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Once the training wheels come off, Allen struggles.

You can't play quarterback in the NFL if you can't consistently throw the football. No touch, poor accuracy, terrible decision making. His athleticism will only take him so far.

Brook! likes this.
  2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

He cannot throw with anticipation and accuracy. That was the knock on him in college and its the same thing you see at the next level.

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I disagree. Just because Allen does it differently than Darnold doesn't mean that he didn't play better football this year.

If you want to argue equality as a passer then it's a sound argument. But as a quarterback, Allen was better. He threw two interceptions in the final 13 games. He accounted for 29 touchdowns and 13 turnovers. He also accounted for a lot more first downs if you factor in his running.

The Bills are better but let's not act like he was throwing to Tony Gonzalez and Marvin Harrison out there.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  4. DefenseWinsChampionships

Josh Allen played very well during the 1st half (until Houston figured him out) but Josh Allen looked like complete trash during the 2nd half. He choked when it mattered most.

Josh Allen melted down after being up by 16 during the 3rd Q. He made mistake after mistake. He cracked under pressure when his teammates needed him to flourish. He turned the football over by being unaware of his surroundings while running like a chicken with his head cut off (blind running). Made inaccurate throws and cost his offense with open receivers by over and under throwing. Poor/questionable/suspect decision making and completely pissed the bed during the 2nd half and overtime period(s) and was the main reason why Buffalo is now eliminated from the playoffs after blowing a 16-0 lead.

Buffalo's DEFENSE is why Buffalo made the playoffs along with an easy/weak schedule. Josh Allen is the reason why they're now eliminated.

Once Joe Douglas provides Sam Darnold an offensive line, Sam Darnold is going to look like an absolute stud of a franchise quarterback and one where "Josh Allen" isn't within the same stratosphere in comparison to Sam Darnold (you'll see).

I don't think Buffalo rebounds after their heartbreaking loss. The 2020 hangover will be real and we'll watch Josh Allen lose his locker room.

5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Playing QB is easier when you have a respectable OL and a top 5 defense that lets you play conservatively. Put Darnold on the Bills, and his numbers go up. Put Allen on the Jets, and his numbers go down.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The circumstances allowed for the player to be successful. But that doesn't diminish the way he played.

I think Darnold has a lot more potential as a franchise quarterback and has had one of the worst supporting casts in the NFL the past two years. But I don't think that takes away from Allen having a really good year; a better year than Darnold. Just because he does it with his legs more than Darnold doesn't mean you can use that as a strike against him as a player.

7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I'm not using Allen's rushing production as a strike against him. I'm using his superior teammates on both sides of the ball as a strike against him. I believe that if you put Sam on the Bills, he wouldn't match Allen's rushing production, but he would exceed Allen's passing production.

8. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure we've done stuff like that. Brandon Marshall?

9. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I think the Bills D deserves some of the blame. Up 16-0 late 3rd quarter ( sound familiar my fellow Jets fans) and they can't close the deal. They gave up 19 points in the final 17 minutes of regulation including the 2 point conversion twice. As for Allen he improved a lot and showed he has the potential to be a franchise QB but he still needs to improve. Next year (year 3) will be a sink or swim year if he is going to prove that he is a franchise QB or not IMHO.